The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

3 posters

Inviting all 1st years

Madeline Palmescoff
    Madeline Palmescoff
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 47

Inviting all 1st years Empty Inviting all 1st years

Post  Madeline Palmescoff Thu May 19, 2011 7:52 pm

Madeline always enjoyed watching the sort at the Institute. This year was exceptional. She was a little disappointed to see some students sorted in covens other than her own, but sizing up the kids in her first year group—she wasn’t that bent out of shape over it.

“Coven Bloeddewedd first years, this way please,” she said, waving at her students so they wouldn’t get lost in the confusion. “We will assemble here until we have everyone together.”

Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

Inviting all 1st years Empty Re: Inviting all 1st years

Post  Keith Domingo Fri May 20, 2011 3:02 am

Gathering with the rest of the students around Professor Palmescoff, Keith whispered questions about what was going on and where they were going. Some of his more irritable peers ignored him, while others simply smiled and told him to wait and see. He was brimming with excitement.

Keith had almost been as excited during his first day at Camp Hinds last year. After he had signed up for his merit badge classes and found out that he would be allowed to shoot at the rifle range for the entire week, he was excited enough to talk his bunk mate to sleep that night.

He noticed that he had been fidgeting with his his sleeve and stopped abruptly. Looking around to see if anyone noticed, he refocused his attention on the professor.
    Madeline Palmescoff
    Madeline Palmescoff
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 47

Post  Madeline Palmescoff Fri May 20, 2011 1:59 pm

Madeline looked down at the eager first year by her side. He was obviously nervous, as he couldn't stop fidgeting, but he seemed ready to explore. It was rare that a first year would move to another coven's table during the welcoming feast. She saw some great things already from him. I wonder what kind of mischief he'll get up to this year...

She reached over and placed her hand gently on his shoulder. "Are you ready to move onto our coven, Keith?"

She smiled and raised her arms to get her coven's attention. "All Coven Bloeddewedd first years, please follow me this way."

Madeline turned and disappeared out into the night, her coven close behind. "If you look around, children," she swept her arms out dramatically, pointing out into the blackness that surrounded them. "These are the gardens. They are most beautiful in the springtime... Hurry along, no dawdling."

She quickened her pace, walking faster to reach the south wall. Once they were in front of it, she took a hard left and quickly closed the gap to her coven entrance.

Once she reached the door, she turned to face her first years. "This will be your home for the duration of your stay, young ones. I hope you will enjoy your time here."

Madeline took her time to look at each child and, when she was satisfied she had each face memorized, she turned and touched the Bloeddewedd shield, emblazoned with a huge owl, once with her wand. The massive wooden door yielded to her and they filed inside.

She directed the students to the front of the main commons. "Please take your time to get familiar with our coven before retiring to your bed," she said. "And remember, I am here for you should you have any questions."

With that, Madeline left the students to themselves and retired to her office.

Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Sat May 21, 2011 3:03 am

Professor Palmescoff's words reassured Keith as he followed the group into the coven commons. A warm and inviting fire burned at the opposite end of the room. The chamber itself was spacious and complemented by seats and plants laid out in symmetry.

When the professor excused herself, Keith tentatively walked up to one of the seats and sat in it. It was just right. A few students followed suit, prompting Keith to stand back up and begin wandering around the room. He joined a handful of his fellow first years in exploring the second floor commons, which overlooked the main one on the ground floor.

"Wow!" Keith exclaimed. "This is way cooler than Livermore!" he said as he looked expectantly at the students nearest to where he stood on the flyover. They returned his gaze with silence and discomforting looks. Keith then pretended that he had not said anything and promptly retreated back down the stairs and took an empty seat by the fire.
    Willow Chapman
    Willow Chapman
    2nd Year Student
    2nd Year Student

Character Age : 24

Post  Willow Chapman Sat May 21, 2011 7:29 am

Not standing too far away, Willow heard the new kid's exclamation and knew how he was probably feeling. Yeah, open your mouth and something dumb comes out. That was her first day as well. She knew better now.

She wandered over to the sofa and leaned over the back. "Yah, it is pretty sweet, ain't it?" She held out hand. "I'm Willow, Second Year. How ya doin'?"
    Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Sat May 21, 2011 12:31 pm

"Good." the boy said as he shook her hand. "I'm Keith." He was a bit intimidated since she was probably older than him. "Do you know a lot of magic?" he asked, sounding a little nervous.
    Willow Chapman
    Willow Chapman
    2nd Year Student
    2nd Year Student

Post  Willow Chapman Sat May 21, 2011 2:06 pm

Leaping over the back of the sofa, Willow plopped down next to Keith before saying, "I'm not bad. I'm good at Herbology and Charms, but I'm best with Charms and..." She lowered her voice as if sharing a secret. "Dark Arts. My mamma says I'm like that 'cause I take after my namesake."

Willow sat up, then began sinking into the sofa back. "The guy we had last year sucked, though. I hear the new instructor is a lot better, so I'm hoping to pick up some new things." Her eyes twinkled for a flash. "Oh, and I'm good at dueling. You ever duel? 'Cause, tell ya, that's a great way to..." A big smile crossed her face. "Feel better after a bad day, if you know what I mean."
    Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Sun May 22, 2011 12:05 am

"Uh, not really." said Keith. He relaxed a bit at Willow's casual tone, but he was still a little unnerved not really knowing too much about what she was talking about.

"Do you mean like fighting? Not really. I saw a movie about people with magic who were fighting, but my stepdad said it was 'gahbage.'" he said, copying Steve's Mainer accent. "He only taught me how to make light and how to fix things, 'cause they were practical spells." Keith finished.

"Um, do you duel a lot?" he asked. "It sounds fun!"
    Willow Chapman
    Willow Chapman
    2nd Year Student
    2nd Year Student

Post  Willow Chapman Sun May 22, 2011 12:22 am

Willow nodded. "Yah, we got all the basics last year during class," she said. "Madam Chai is very good, but when she speaks you better listen!" There was a short giggle, then a quick, "This year I can join the Coven Dueling Club, 'cause I got through last year." She threw her hands in the air. "Yes! Second Year!"

Looking just a touched embarrassed, Willow added, "Sorry, but I'm pretty excited. I didn't think I was gonna get out of last year at all. But, I was just spookin' myself, 'cause my finals were all good, ya know?"

She paused, then got back on track. "But I loved dueling. You feel strong when you're on stage, just you and another. Ya get scared, but it's a good scared." She punched him on the shouldn't. "Don't sweat it. Everyone is scared first year."
    Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Sun May 22, 2011 1:00 am

"Oh, okay." He nodded, trying to sound confident. In truth, he was nervous about finals at Willow's mention of them. Although Keith loved facts and neat tricks of science and math during elementary school, he had trouble paying attention to things that didn't interest him.

"I think I can do it." he said, referring to his classes in general. "It's magic, so I really want to learn as much as I can." He yawned, hoping that it didn't make it look like he was bored. Keith was excited for the whole year, but he was also getting sleepy.
    Willow Chapman
    Willow Chapman
    2nd Year Student
    2nd Year Student

Post  Willow Chapman Sun May 22, 2011 7:59 am

Realizing the time, Willow stood, hoping the new kid would follow suit. "I forgot it's after midnight," she said. "It's gonna be a busy day tomorrow; why don't you find your room and get some sleep." She snapped her fingers. "Yo, Orientation is always a trip, and this year it's like--three day weeeeeek-end!"

She turned and bounded up the stairs. "See you in the morning!"
    Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Mon May 23, 2011 2:12 am

"Goodnigh-" he began, but Willow was already halfway out of his line of sight.

Keith would remember the rest of his first night at the Salem Witches' Institute as a short disjointed memory sequence of climbing the stairs, wandering to his designated room, briefly introducing himself to his roommates, unpacking a few clothes, and collapsing on his bed. Most of his recollection would be clearer regarding the events to come throughout the year.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 am