The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

4 posters

On the way to lunch

Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 24

On the way to lunch Empty On the way to lunch

Post  Annie Krum Wed May 25, 2011 2:25 pm

Annie packed up her books and left the history classroom with Kerry right behind her. They left the building through the south exit, speeding across the grounds to reach the covered walkway that would take them to the Great Hall.

Annie was laughing so hard, she stopped once they were out of the fierce rain and doubled over, gasping for air in-between her giggle fits.

After a few minutes, she stood up, wiping away tears from her eyes. “I love weather like this,” she said, holding her hand out to catch the fat raindrops falling off the awning above their heads.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

On the way to lunch Empty Re: On the way to lunch

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed May 25, 2011 2:31 pm

It was strange to admit it, but Kerry was in his element. "Yeah, I love this, too," he said. The wind was not fierce, but it was steady, and trees were swaying about. The walkway kept them out of the worst of the rain, but some was blowing in--thought not as much as Kerry expected. Must be some magic used to keep them from being completely soaked by the wind.

"This is going to be intense if it keeps up for flying," he said. "I can't imagine flying on a broom, but flying in this--" He hugged Annie to give her some warmth. "I suppose we'll be able to fly in anything if we don't crash today."

He turned her towards the Hall to the south. "I saw they're having tomato soup for lunch. That should keep my stomach from lurching latter--"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed May 25, 2011 2:39 pm

Annie thought about flying later on in this weather. She had watched many quidditch matches in weather far worse than this; she had also seen her fair share of serious injuries on brooms because of it. She hugged Kerry tighter.

“Promise me you’ll be careful?” she whispered.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed May 25, 2011 2:54 pm

"Annie, I'm going to be fine." This was a first for Kerry: Annie was worried about him. He figured it might have something to do with her dad, who did a lot of things on a broom--and Annie's probably seen the good and bad, Kerry thought.

"This is my first time on a broom, and I am not going to get crazy." He kissed her on the lips quickly, then added, "The last thing I want to do is end up in the hospital, likes those idiots in that dueling class at Hogwarts did. I'll listen to Vic--I mean, the instructor and do as she says." He took her hand and walked with her. "I want to be able to walk tomorrow. And be with you."
    Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Wed May 25, 2011 3:06 pm

Keith aimlessly wandered away from the building, sobbing as he clutched his bundled up jacket and bag. His bright orange shirt became two shades darker as the rain soaked into it. He changed direction crossing a path that ran between the history building and a smaller one. Entering some woods, the boy ran until he found a relatively dry spot under some trees, laid down his belongings, and sat down next to them with his face buried in his knees.

I hate starting over. I can't do anything right. I don't know anyone, no one will help me. His thoughts were like the raindrops that trickled through the tree branches, sticking on his clothes and his skin He wept like the weather, letting it all out. No one was here except the trees.

Through the tangle of woods ahead of him, he could see the covered walkway between the Department of History and the castle. Keith saw a couple of students walking along it, chatting, and stopping to observe the rain. They seemed close. Keith watched from the trees, enviously remembering someone he was once close with in Hawaii.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed May 25, 2011 3:14 pm

Kerry was looking about when he noticed one of the kids from the History class sitting under a tree getting soaks. "Man, what the--?" he said, mumbling loud enough that Annie probably heard.

He stopped and tried to remember who he was . . . Keith, he remembered. He had a red star, and that meant he was a Bloody . . . Owl, or something. Anyway, he was crazy being out in the rain as he was, considering they were due for a soaking in a few hours.

"Hey Keith! Keith!" He yelled then waved him over. "Dude, come out of the rain!"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed May 25, 2011 3:21 pm

Annie stopped and looked over to where Kerry was yelling. At first, she did not see anything at all, but then a bit of movement—something orange darted out from behind the trees.

“Why is he sitting out, under the trees, during a thunderstorm?”
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed May 25, 2011 3:23 pm

"Isn't he the one that didn't finish the assignment?" Kerry asked. "Probably freaking out." He shrugged and hugged Annie tighter. "I'm sure I'll have my moments as well. The place seems made to give off a lot of stress."
    Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Wed May 25, 2011 3:24 pm

One of the students spotted Keith and called him over. Deciding against playing dumb and hiding like he normally would have, he wiped his face on his sleeves, collected his things, and walked quickly through the rain to the walkway.

"Hey, what's up?" he asked as he conjured up his friendliest, most positive-sounding voice. His eyes were still red-tinged and he was completely soaked.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed May 25, 2011 3:29 pm

"Hi," Annie said. "My name is Annie and this is Kerry. We're both Cernunnos." She held out her hand for his. "You're Keith, right?"
    Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Wed May 25, 2011 3:36 pm

He adjusted his bundle of things and shook their hands. "Nice to meet you." he said, glossing over her question and still trying to sound like the bright, sunny day that today certainly wasn't. "Are you going to lunch?" he inquired.

If they were, he wasn't about to follow them.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed May 25, 2011 3:42 pm

Kerry shook hands and let Annie do the talking. This kid is a wet rat mess, he thought. He figured all they needed was to be back in Cardiff, talk about estrogen in the water and use a glove to bring back the dead, and they'd be right about in touch with what was going on around them.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed May 25, 2011 3:47 pm

Annie smiled. "Yeah, we were on our way to grab something before flying class. Come join us." He seemed like he could use something warm in him and a sympathetic ear.
    Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Wed May 25, 2011 3:57 pm

"Um, okay." said Keith, unable to say no. It was cold. He put his bag down and put his jacket back on, trying to stall. He didn't really want to be seen by anyone, especially from his coven, at the moment.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed May 25, 2011 4:06 pm

Annie couldn't help but feel sorry for him. He really looked upset. "Hey," she said. "Don't worry about Professor Palmescoff. I'll bet she was just trying to see what sort of stuff you're made of."

She looked up at Kerry, who still had his arm tightly wrapped around her waist, and smiled. "The two of us have been through a really interesting weekend ourselves.

"Maybe if you go to her and explain, she'll let you out of detention?"
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed May 25, 2011 4:21 pm

Kerry nodded. "She's your coven leader, right? If you just explain how you're feeling, maybe she'll let you make it up."

He smiled at the "interesting weekend" comment. "Yeahhhhh," he said, doing his best Amy Pond while kissing Annie on the cheek. "Real interesting. And getting more interesting all the time."
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Wed May 25, 2011 4:27 pm

Raven walked with Lina talking about random topics...well, Raven talked about random topics, Evangelina just listened. When they walked outside and Raven got a chill that went up her spine, "It's colda then a Death Eata's heart out here!" Raven rubbed her arms to get some heat, why in the world ain't she cold? she thought, looking over to Lina, oh yeah, she's from Canada.

As they were walking, she noticed some students in the walkway. She recognized as some of the kids in her History of Magic class. "Howdy o'er there," she yelled towards them, "What are ya'll doing out here in the cold?"

<<ooc- Lina is at work and will be on later tonight. she said we can god-mod her actions, but keep her mute, until she gets on>>
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed May 25, 2011 4:30 pm

Annie felt her cheeks flush, enjoying the warmth they brought. She leaned in closer to Kerry, shivering a bit in the cold. Skirts and the rain…not a good combo.

“I think Kerry’s right,” she said, her teeth starting to chatter. Just then, she heard a girl yell in their direction.
    Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Wed May 25, 2011 4:37 pm

"I don't know." Keith said to the pair. "I'll just do the detention. I'll do better next time, anyway."

He heard to students heading down the walkway behind them. It was the girls that sat by him in class. Keith appeared to take a sudden interest in the woods that he had just stepped out of.

At the mention of the word "cold," he began shivering. His clothes were still damp under his jacket.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed May 25, 2011 4:52 pm

Annie's fingers were freezing. She lifted them up to her mouth and breathed on them, warming them a bit. "I think that girl is right," she said. "Maybe we should get moving along. I'm not dressed for this kind of weather and Keith is soaking.

"Let's hurry into the Great Hall and have something to eat."

Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Wed May 25, 2011 5:11 pm

"Alright. I'll go with you." Keith said. He followed them towards the Great Hall.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 pm