The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

4 posters

Astronomy Class RP

Harpreet Bashagwani
    Harpreet Bashagwani
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 45

Astronomy Class RP Empty Astronomy Class RP

Post  Harpreet Bashagwani Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:24 pm

Set up here before and after Astronomy Class, 9/06.

Have fun!
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 24

Astronomy Class RP Empty Re: Astronomy Class RP

Post  Annie Krum Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:46 pm

Annie was grateful that their next class would be outside in the fresh air. She relished the cool, crisp, night and breathed deeply of it as she emerged at the top of the tower. What a curious day of classes. First, roasted to death in a dungeon and now, we are set loose on top of a tower to enjoy the chill of the evening.

She reached to top before anyone else and crossed to the side, looking down to the grounds below.

Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

Post  Kerry Malibey Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:04 pm

Kerry huffed his way up the tower stairs. Once again Annie, who had a lot better lung power and was in much better shape, was able to head up the stairs without a problem. Kerry, on the other hand--little stamina and not very strong--he was out of breath after a 30 meter climb. I gotta work out, he thought, before continuing upward and onward.

Finally making it to the top he stepped into a machine-filled room saturated with cool air. There was a huge telescope in the center of the room; Kerry was guessing maybe 10 feet there abouts. There were cabinets here and there around the enclosure, and next to several of the cabinets were large wooden tables. Around the semi-circle of the open dome were several small stands. Kerry wasn't sure what these were, but the were raised and had low railings.

The floor of the dome was open to the gallery walk outside. Kerry moved to the railing and looked around. This was the second highest point in the school--or so he'd read--and the school was laid out to his right, the History building ahead and Dark Arts house off in the distance. That meant the big scope was facing east, and for the first time Kerry saw the darkness to his left that was Mount Katahdin. Here they were, right on the flanks, and he could honestly say he hadn't paid much attention to it.

He turned and saw Annie. "Looks like we're first here," he said, slipping in close. He pulled her into his jacket and wrapped her up. "Night classes next to a mountain--" He looked up into the sky, the stars cold, hard points. "This is the sort of stuff I've always wanted to do."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:00 pm

Annie snuggled closer, taking advantage of their temporary…aloneness, and leaned her head on Kerry’s chest. She wrapped her arms around his waist. “This is the sort of stuff I’ve always wanted to do,” she whispered back and kissed his neck.

“I’m really proud of you, Kerry. That transfiguration class was a nightmare.”
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:25 pm

Kerry nodded. "Yeah, it was rough. But that was only the first one." He tightened his arms around Annie. "I fully expected to crash and burn. Still . . ." His smile lit up the dome. "First real magic. I love it. I do have it in me, Pumpkin."

Then, quickly, abruptly, he leaned in and kissed Annie on the lips. He held the kiss for 4 heartbeats, then pulled back slowly as he smothered Annie into him. "And you have it, too. Don't ever forget it."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Annie surrendered to Kerry’s embrace. “I won’t,” she whispered into his chest.

She lifted her head to look up into his eyes. “Maybe next time, I won’t faint,” she giggled. “I really need to stop doing that…”
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:57 pm

"Yes, you do," Kerry said. "You are as good as anyone here, but you push yourself too hard trying to prove you are. Don't do that." He snuggled her again. "You have natural talent. I'm just learning." Kissing her cheek he said, "You thought you couldn't fly, and you did. Don't ever forget that. You did that."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:26 pm

Annie lifted her hands and ran her fingers through Kerry’s hair. Her entire body longed to leave the tower with him, abandoning their next class for anywhere else. She was discovering that she never had enough of him. He pervaded her every thought, and the desire to be with him overwhelmed her.

“Thank you, Kerry,” she breathed. “We should probably get to class…before I make us both late.” Annie leaned in close, tenderly kissing his lips.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:31 pm

Kerry looked around. "Actually, I think we're waiting for the class to come to us." He indicated the viewing dome. "This is the observatory, and that's usually where you do the, um . . . observing."

He guided Annie out to the outside viewing gallery. "I'm guessing people will be along soon. If not . . . well, the teacher will have a small class." He smiled and watched the clouds rolling past the mountain in the dim moonlight, and held Annie tight.
    Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:50 pm

This was going to be so cool, Keith thought. I've never taken a class at night before. This is gonna be like summer camp. He nearly flew up the steps, jumping up two at a time until he reached the top of the tower.

Looking around while trying to catch his breath, Keith didn't know what half the things in here were for, but the room and the view were amazing. He spotted to figures squeezing close together in the open air section. It was probably Annie and Kerry. Pretending to ignore them, he walked up to the side and looked out into the night. Its cold air began to bite into his jacket, but he was still warm from his long flight up the stairs.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:55 pm

Annie blinked. That couldn’t be right, could it? She was expecting…but what had she been expecting? For the first time since arriving at the top, she looked around. Of course, he was right. There was a telescope right there in the center of the room.

She leaned into him and giggled. “I suppose you’re right, though I have no idea how I missed that with a colossal telescope right there in front of me…”

Just then, she heard a small noise from behind them and turned to see an out of breath Keith looking over the railing a few feet away.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Kerry looked around Annie to see Keith pull up not too far away from them and hunch over the railing. "Hey, Keith," he called. "Nice night for a viewing."

Or so Kerry thought. Even though he should be tired, he wasn't. This wasn't the first time he'd been out for a little star gazing, but it had been a while. Kerry brought his arms in tight and shivered just a bit; he thought before the night was out they might need a little something extra to keep them warm.
    Harpreet Bashagwani
    Harpreet Bashagwani
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Harpreet Bashagwani Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:03 pm

The door to the observatory opened and Harpreet stepped through, letting it slam loudly behind her. Always good to let the children know the teacher is present and they can return their hands to their proper places, she thought, taking her time walking around the enclosure.

She was a bit disappointed; here it was, 9:17, and no students . . . ah, she was wrong, there were three standing out on the viewing gallery, looking at the stars. And two standing so close. She remembered her own classes in the observatory in the desert, where she fell in love with the sky and... well, love was always close to her heart. If not now, soon. The future was always soon.

"Good evening, children," she said, calling out while still a good 8 meters off. "I'm Professor Bashagwani," she said in her sing-song Mumbai-born accent, "but as many people have trouble with my name, you may called me simply 'Professor'." She stopped and shrugged. "Or 'Professor Harpreet' is also good; most never have trouble." She looked about. "Are you the only ones here?" she asked. "You must love the stars to arrive so early." She paused before saying, "We will start momentarily," then vanished into the darkness of the observatory.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:05 pm

Annie looked up at Kerry and shivered. “She seems nice,” she said, hoping not to find another version of Professor Kishna when they followed her inside. I won’t be able to handle that.

She turned back around and gazed up at the stars. It was a perfect night for stargazing. She remembered all the summer nights she had snuck out of bed to go lie on the field of her father’s quidditch pitch. She would stretch out on her blanket and stare up at the sky. Sometimes she would wake up back in her bed at the lake house and sometimes, she would wake up to the sunrise, sprawled out on the grass—her hair covered in morning dew.

“I miss home,” she whispered up at the sky.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:45 pm

Kerry walked up behind Annie, noticing the wistfulness on her face as she examined the sky. "Hey," he whispered. "It's a beautiful night; probably a lot nicer than a night in Scotland." He giggled, keeping their secret between them. He wandered over towards the big scope, while, from the corner of his eye, he was watching the professor put out cups on a table far away from the madding crowd.
    Harpreet Bashagwani
    Harpreet Bashagwani
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Harpreet Bashagwani Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:41 pm

Harpreet finished laying out the mugs for hot chocolate, then checked the time on the wall. 9:28. She looked around, seeing her three students and wondering where the others were. Hummm, they should be here by now, she thought. It is not as if they did not know the time.

The clocked turned over to 9:29. Harpreet walked over the main entrance and stuck her head out, listening for footsteps on the stairs. Nothing. If there were students on the way, they were not near. And they will not ascend two hundred meters in 30 seconds unless they are flying, she thought.

Enough. She closed the door and clapped her hands. "Gather around, students," she called. "It is 9:30: class will begin."

Thread is currently locked. Please proceed to the Astronomy Class Proper Thread.

Thank you.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 pm