The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

2 posters

Escaping to Ceridwen Tower

Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

Escaping to Ceridwen Tower Empty Escaping to Ceridwen Tower

Post  Raven Whitefeather Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:44 pm

Raven was too upset about the events that happened in class. She broke down hard as she replayed the events over and over in her mind. The words Kishna said about her being a waste, telling her she was basically a mistake, and insinuating that she was only fooling herself if she believed that she belonged to Ceridwen, only to have an attitude change when she was able to change a stupid bean into an useless beetle was nothing to be impressed about. It was only then that Raven figured that Kishna didn't have high expectations for her, even Shiloh can do simple thin's like that.

Running up the stairs, she nearly ran into a group of second or third years. They didn't say much to her other than "watch it, " which she was grateful for. She wasn't in the mood to do anything other than rant to her brother. She felt extremely upset and wanted her brother near by.

When she made it up to the main commons, she did a quick look and found that Cameron was no where to be found. She looked on the second floor commons and still no sign of him or her other two brothers.
    Petra Jarsik
    Petra Jarsik
    2nd Year Student
    2nd Year Student

Character Age : 24

Escaping to Ceridwen Tower Empty Re: Escaping to Ceridwen Tower

Post  Petra Jarsik Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:04 pm

She was about to get up and go get something to eat when Petra noticed the blond girl hurry onto the commons floor like she was about to explode or something. Petra noticed her ranking: 1st Year. Another one of the mill, she thought, and was just about to blow her off when she got a very good look at her eyes.

The girl pretty much looked like she was on the verge of a breakdown of some kind.

Petra did not have fond memories of last year, and thought that since she was now a 2nd Year giving a helping hand might not be a bad idea.

"Hey," she called out. "Hey!" When she got the girl's attention Petra asked, "You lost or somethin'?"
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:18 pm

Raven looked at the girl that called out to her. The brown-haird girl looked older than herself that a quick glance at her jacket suggested that her assumption was right, a second year. She didn't recognize the girl, as she at least knew of the faces that constantly scorn her, as well as the faces of her brothers' friends and admirers.

Hoping that she was able to point in the direction of where her brothers were, Raven quickly and thickly accented asked, "Whitefeatha...you know any of 'em are at?" Raven knew she was about to break down and cry; she just wanted some form of comfort when she did.
    Petra Jarsik
    Petra Jarsik
    2nd Year Student
    2nd Year Student

Post  Petra Jarsik Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:26 pm

Holy jeez, she's about to totally lose her shit. Petra patted the sofa cushion next to her. "I just know them by rep, but ... hey, come sit down."

Petra was half out of her seat helping the girl down next to her. "What's your name?" she asked. "And why you wanna see those guys for?" Petra flashed her a quick, warm smile. "You should hang with me, instead. I'm a lot nicer."
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:55 pm

"Kel, Leigh, and Cameron are my brothas," Raven emotionless, allowing the strange girl to pull her onto the sofa. Her eyes were starting to water up. She knew she couldn't hold on much longer, her own eyes and body were starting to betray her. Raven couldn't comprehend the reason why she would want to help her, or why she was being nice, something no one of her coven did before. "So, who're you?"
    Petra Jarsik
    Petra Jarsik
    2nd Year Student
    2nd Year Student

Post  Petra Jarsik Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:03 am

Seeing the film of tears coating this girl's eyes, Petra pulled a handkerchief from inside her jacket. "Hey, now--" She dabbed at her eyes, clearing them of fluids. "I'm Petra Jarsik, but everyone calls me Petra."

She gave the girl a little pat on the cheek. "There, much better." She paused for a moment before saying, "Yeah, I know those guys--like I said, by rep. They're probably fracking off down in the dungeon or something."

She eyed the girl hard. She looked the way Petra remembered feeling about a week into last year, and that wasn't a good time. "Okay, from the top: I gather you're a Whitefeather, but I don't wanna call you 'Whitefeather', so tell me your name. And then--" She leaned back, her hands behind her head, "Which psycho bitch instructor got you stressed enough to lose it?"
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:21 am

Tears started to fall from her cheeks again. Her voice started to crack and her accent thickened as she spoke, "I'm Raven." Her emotions got the better of her and she started to not make any sense of her words as she spoke, "Profesr Kishna an' n transfigration class and in Ceridwen- " that was the final straw. Tears fell without restraint as she started to cry...and cry hard.

She couldn't stop herself from crying as the events of that day finally caught up to her. All of her frustration, sadness, and loneliness were finally released from the prison of her eyes.
    Petra Jarsik
    Petra Jarsik
    2nd Year Student
    2nd Year Student

Post  Petra Jarsik Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:30 am

Petra couldn't stand to see anyone cry. And if you're taking Transfiguration with Mistress Kishna-- She pulled Raven in close and held her against her. "It's okay," she said very softly. "I've been there. We all have."

She smiled, though she knew Raven couldn't see it. "Ain't a 1st Year here hasn't had an experience like yours." She laughed, though it was short and a little harsh. "I spent most of last year--my first--walking around with a cat tail. Let me tell you--" Petra wanted to put that memory out of her head, but still couldn't, "The meowing really gets to you after a while."

She let Raven cry out then Petra handed her hanky over. "I will say, it gets better. So far I don't know how much better, but I'm glad to be out of 1st Year." She lifted Raven face up, leveraging her chin. "In case you hadn't noticed, hun, this ain't a normal school." She closed her eyes for a moment and breathed deep. Finally she said, "It's a magical nuthouse, and your parents sent you here. And what's worse--" She gave an excited gasp. "You came here of your own free will!"
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:21 pm

Raven cried and cried until she couldn't cry any longer. She gave out a harsh cough before she finally stopped, rubbing her sore and tired eyes. Raven didn't feel like talking as she curled herself up in a ball; she was exhausted and she knew it. She felt too many new emotions all at once that she just couldn't take it anymore.

Resting her head on the sofa head facing the girl named Petra. After several minutes of silence, Raven finaly spoke up, "How come you had a cat tail in your first year?"

<<ooc: is the top part of a sofa called a sofa head or a sofa back? heck if i know>>
    Petra Jarsik
    Petra Jarsik
    2nd Year Student
    2nd Year Student

Post  Petra Jarsik Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:57 pm

Giggling, Petra said, "Oh, it seemed like I was always doing something that pissed of Professor Kishna--AKA, Mistress Jessica--and she kept showing me how easy it was to transfigure someone..." She shrugged. "Ah, it was all right. I just dealt with it, and I got better at Transfigurations, and now... Well, I guess I'm not going to get a cat tail this year."

She held onto Raven tightly, feeling that she was almost calmed down. "She's pretty tough, but she pushes buttons to get you to act. Sure, you react first, but after you catch on to her game, you figure out she's looking for your true action to come out." She whispered, like she had a secret, "If she really busts your ass about shit, it means she thinks you might be a worthwhile witch." Petra shrugged. "Or it means she thinks you suck ass. It's kinda impossible to tell right away."
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:54 am

"Why ould she do that?" Raven questioned as her eyelids began to betray her. "If she does that, e'ery one'll hate er." She started to notice that her accent and voice started to become weird as she spoke. Closing her eyes, she started to mummble, "i don't get why shell wanta have er students hate er than ave em like her."

She fell asleep rather quickly and deeply that she didn't hear her brother, Leigh, entering the room with a few of his friends. He glanced over to where Petra was sitting, which didn't bother him, but the fact that the blond next to her was his sister, he freaked out. "What in the world of quiddich did you do to my sister?" He nearly yelled at the second year. He dashed over to his sister and pulled her away from the girl. "You betta hope she's ok," he warned, "or you might be in a world of hurt."

"Hey man, don't threaten her. Maybe she's one of Rae's friends," one of Leigh friends said.

Leight turned his attention back to Petra, he narrowed his eyes and asked, "Are you her friend, and so help me if you're lying."
    Petra Jarsik
    Petra Jarsik
    2nd Year Student
    2nd Year Student

Post  Petra Jarsik Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:58 am

There was a very uncomfortable silence in the 2nd Floor Commons area for a few seconds, then, slowly, Petra rose from her place next to Raven. "Might be in a 'world of hurt'?" she said, her voice growing cold, her eyes piercing Raven's brother in place. "Such as what? You gonna turn me into a chair?"

Petra whipped her wand out from her jacket. "I'm taking to your sister," she said as she pointed the wand at Leigh, "trying to make her feel better 'cause she's having a bad day. 'Cause that's the kind of person I am." Her eyes narrowed. "And I don't take well to threats, particularly from a big brother's got his head too far up his ass to assess a situation right."

Snapping her wand up straight before her body, Petra said, "You wanna give me a world of hurt, bring it. I'm sure Madam Chai will let us use Gwydion... or I can just take you down in the dungeon and whip your ass." When after five seconds of stunned silence there was no response forthcoming, Petra said, "You're in the Girl's Commons, so get your ass on the other side of the flyover, shithead." She put her wand away and returned to her seat. "And don't ever threaten me again." She shot him an icy stare. "I ain't 1st Year anymore, in case you forgot how to count."

Without waiting to see if Raven's brother and his friends were leaving, she put her arm around Raven's shoulders and, changing back into a comforting demeanor, said, "Well, Jessica's interested in turning out good student, that's all..."
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:17 am

Leigh's friends held him back as they forcefully picked him up and brought him back on the boy's side of the commons. "Dude, you need to relax," one of his friends said, "we'll be the ones in trouble if Kishna finds us here."

Another of his friends joined in, "yeah, just because you have a sister complex doesn't mean you could go around threatening everyone that you think will take cute little Rae away from you," teasing him as they brought him over.

His face was completely red as he yelled at his friend, "I DO NOT HAVE A SISTA COMPLEX!!"

His friends all laughed at him, "Sure you don't, Whitefeather."

Before his last friend went to the otherside of the flyover, he went back to Petra, "Please don't think badly of him," he began. He glanced over at the still sleeping Raven before he continued, "I've known him for four years now, and he always had a soft spot for his sister. To top it off, she's been bullied since day one by fellow Ceridwen. And, um, I know it's none of my business, and I know if he was in his right mind that he'll ask the same, but can you watch over her? I don't think she has any friends and all she has are brothers. If anything, I think she needs a sister figure to relate to."
    Petra Jarsik
    Petra Jarsik
    2nd Year Student
    2nd Year Student

Post  Petra Jarsik Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:51 pm

Petra leaned back, snuggled against the sleeping girl, and sighed loudly. Looking up, she told the girl's brother's friend, "And that's different than the way a lot of 1st Years get treated how?"

After the friend walked away, Petra let the Raven girl sleep against her while she read. So she got bullied and set upon by the Mistress of Transfiguration, she thought, all in the first couple of days.

Welcome to the Jungle, hun.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 am