The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

+2
Evangelina Cromwell
Erywin Sladen
6 posters

Potions Class, 7 Sept

Erywin Sladen
    Erywin Sladen
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 56

Potions Class, 7 Sept - Page 2 Empty Re: Potions Class, 7 Sept

Post  Erywin Sladen Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:47 pm

With the last student in place, Erywin used her wand to shut the door. When the sound of the heavy door faded, she began pacing around the classroom as she spoke:

"My old potions master used to start each school year in a very dramatic fashion," she said. "He'd come dashing into the room, slamming the door behind him, and then launch into this monolog about all the different things potions could do. It was, truthfully, very entertaining.

"But I have always liked the... subtle approach." She stopped about the third row of work tables and turned slowly. "Because potions are a subtle magic." Erywin's eyes locked upon a different student as she made each distinction known. "Yes, with potions you can bewitch the mind, you can ensnare the senses... you can bottle fame and brew glory..." She paused next to Lina and stared at her hard. "With the right ingredients you can even stop death.

"Now, I don't know if we'll learn all that this year--" Erywin returned to the front of the room and beheld the whole class, "but we will damn sure give it all a good whacking try."

Pointing to a blackboard, Erywin used her wand to make the day's lesson appear. "Now, I've been hearing all this week that we have a few people in this 1st Year class who are..." She set her gaze upon Lina once more. "eager to show their potions mettle. And if there is one thing that excites me," she flashed her smile upon the entire class, "it's people who are excited about potions.

"Now, normally first off I put the class through some basic understanding of potions and what they can do, and thew brew up something short and sweet and you all walk out of here with your heads held high, proud you showed dear, sweet Erywin a thing or do." She rubbed her hands together slowly, her grin turning into something of a leer. "Well, Erywin has something else in mind....

"Now, this--" she indicated the now-full blackboard, "Is something that is normally done in 4th year. To be honest I don't expect you to make it work; then again, I might just be pleasantly surprised. And as my old potions master use to say..." She paused for almost 5 seconds for effect, "'Always be prepared to be surprised'."

Indicating the board, Erywin continued. "This is a very unusual potion, and looking over the ingredients some of you may know what it is. Now, there are two version here. First, we have the 'textbook' version, which is what you would normally brew. And this second... well, that's a bit of improvisation I was shown for those times you might be out in the field and can't find the usual ingredients. And, as you see--" She waved her wand hand up and down for emphasis, "I have the brewing instructions for both versions.

"Note: you won't get extra points for choosing one version over another. In fact," she looked about the room, concern marking her face, "you won't receive a grade for this, as it's something I don't expect most of you to do properly." When the few moans faded, Erywin quickly added, "There are two things you will receive, however. One, there are coven points attached. No one will lose any, but you can certainly gain them, and trust me--" She affixed her gaze on Raven. "Some of your need them.

"And, two: you will get some pretty important bragging rights. Some of my 4th Years in the past haven't pulled this off, so if you--the oh-so-lowly 1st Years--make it work, well..." This time Erywin gave the appearance of someone very happy with something they've liked. "You will certainly make your Potions Mistress very happy. And she will make it known who it was put a smile on her face."

Erwyin laid her wand upon her desk and grabbed a white lab coat from a rack. "I will be helping where needed. Should you need some instruction, please hold up your hand and I will come over. If you need directions to ingredients, I will direct you." Once more she rubbed her hands together, this time with a great measure of glee. "Right then!

"Lets begin."
    Erywin Sladen
    Erywin Sladen
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Erywin Sladen Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:01 pm

Potions Lists and Role Playing Instructions!
    Please Read!

Potion List A

Liquid 1
    Liquid 2
    Herb 3
    Herb 4 (Mandragora Offininarum)
    Liquid 5
    Herb 6
    Liquid 7

Potion List B

Liquid 1
    Liquid 2
    Herb 3
    Replacement Herb 4
    Replacement Herb 5
    Liquid 6
    Added Liquid 7
    Herb 8
    Liquid 9

Preparation (Potion List A)

1. Mix .5 liters each of Liquid 1 and 2 together. Bring to a simmer and leave for approximately 10 minutes. A blue froth should form along the edges of the cauldron.

2. Add 200 grams of Herb 3 to the mix by sprinkling it across the liquid and slowly stirring it in. Allow to simmer another 5 minutes, letting the froth dissipate. The mixture should have a bluish-green tint when done.

3. Take 450 grams of Herb 4 and, with mortar and pestle, grind it into a coarse powder. Bring cauldron mixture to a boil and add all of Herb 4 into mixture. This will produce a gray smoke that will dissipate over the next minute or two. Stir mixture while boiling for 5 minutes then reduce back to a simmer. After 15-20 minutes mixture should turn to a dark green color.

4. Pour .125 liters of Liquid 5 into mixture while simmering. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Color will remain the same.

5. Sprinkle flakes of Herb 6 to the mixture and stir, mixing thoroughly.

6. Return to heat and bring to boil. Pour .125 liters of Liquid 7 into mixture and keep on boil for 10 minutes, then remove from heat and cool to room temperature, mixing every few minutes. After 20 minutes mixture should take on emerald green color. Mixture is now ready to be administered and/or bottled.

Total preparation time: 75 to 90 minutes.

Preparation (Potion List B)

1. Mix .5 liters each of Liquid 1 and 2 together. Bring to a simmer and leave for approximately 10 minutes. A blue froth should form along the edges of the cauldron.

2. Add 200 grams of Herb 3 to the mix by sprinkling it across the liquid and slowly stirring it in. Allow to simmer another 5 minutes, letting the froth dissipate. The mixture should have a bluish-green tint when done.

3. Take 250 grams of Replacement Herb 4 and 200 grams of Replacement Herb 5. Mix together, folding properly and, with mortar and pestle, grind combined mixture into a coarse powder. Bring cauldron mixture to a boil and add all of Replacement Herbs into mixture. This will produce a white smoke that will dissipate over the next minute or two. Stir mixture while boiling for 15 minutes then reduce back to a simmer. After 20 minutes mixture should turn to a light green color.

4. Pour .125 liters of Liquid 6 into mixture while simmering. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Color will remain the same.

5. Pour .25 liters of Added Liquid 7 to mixture. Stir and allow to sit for 5 minutes.

6. Sprinkle flakes of Herb 8 to the mixture and stir, mixing thoroughly.

7. Return to heat and bring to boil. Pour .125 literss of Liquid 9 into mixture and keep on boil for 10 minutes, then remove from heat and cool to room temperature, mixing every few minutes. After 20 minutes mixture should take on emerald green color. Mixture is now ready to be administered and/or bottled.

Total preparation time: 90 to 110 minutes.

Role Play Rules:

The creation of the potion will require what GMs (Game Masters) refer to as an Extended Roll. This is nothing more than a series of die rolls where they (the die roles) are totaled to see if they meet or exceed the success target number.

What this entails is everyone making 5 rolls to reach their target number. You will not know what the target number is which means you won’t know if your potion works until it is time to test it. NOTE: You can make as Many posts as you like in your brewing thread, but 5 of those posts will need the required rolls in them.

Also noted: The dice that will be rolled are the dice located above the posting box next to the "Others" button. The dice located in the lower left hand corner will NOT BE USED AT ALL IN THESE THREADS.

Also, depending upon how you describe the creation of the potion could lead to an unknown modifier being applied to your final total, and that will affect the total even further. Note, however: if you are writing something like, “I put in the stuff, mix and, oh, look! It’s green!” it's very likely the modifier could be a negative one and this will take points away from your total.

You may request assistance from Erywin; this will constitute a set of posts separate from your attempts to brew your potion and you may not roll dice within them unless you are instructed to do so.

Also, as it is possible to roll very high or very low, we need to see if something special happen. If you roll a 99 or 100, STOP and do not roll further. GM Emma (the School Game Master) will appear and decide what happens to your potion and leave a comment, after which you can continue. Likewise, if you roll a 5, 4, 3, 2, or 1, STOP! Do no go further! Again, GM Emma will come out and twist Fate around your roll and determine what happens next, after which you can continue.

In case you didn’t figure it out, a 99 or 100 is a Critical Success, and unicorns and rainbows will magically appear. On the other hand, 5 through 2 is a Critical Failure, and one is a Botch! Unicorns might appear on this roll, but only to impale you. Special things are going to happen—-just wait and see!

All brewing (and rolling) will take place in your separate potion threads. Once you have made your five rolls you have finished and must inform me your potion is ready, at which point I (the instructor) will have you rejoin the main thread.

And so the fun begins…

Proceed to your individual threads to begin making your potion.
    Erywin Sladen
    Erywin Sladen
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Erywin Sladen Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:25 pm

NOTE: With three students finishing the first of potions are ready for testing. Those who haven't finished their potions do so in your own potion threads before posting here. Thank you.

The Class continues below:
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 24

Post  Annie Krum Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:28 pm

Annie held out the small bottle for her professor. "Here you are, Professor Sladen," she said.
    Erywin Sladen
    Erywin Sladen
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Erywin Sladen Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Erywin took the bottle from Annie. "Thank you, love," she said, very softly. "Please stand right here." She turned to the class and, clapping her hands, said, "Class! Up here!"

She held up the bottle. "Here is the first potion completed." She twisted it so it caught the light and glimmered slightly. "Done by Annie Krum from Coven Cernunnos." Glancing to Annie, she added, "You should be very proud, love. Let's hope it does as expected."

Erywin turned to the class, then quick turned back to Annie as if she'd forgotten something. "Annie, love--" She pointed to a stool in the corner behind her desk. "Would you be a dear and get that shawl, drape it over your shoulders and come back here?" She smiled sweetly. "Please?"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:46 pm

Annie felt the hair on the back of her neck stand when the professor smiled at her. Something about her request sounded off, but Annie did as she was told, retrieving the shawl and draping it over her shoulders.

She rejoined the professor and waited.
    Erywin Sladen
    Erywin Sladen
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Erywin Sladen Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:59 pm

As Annie was getting the shawl Erywin poured herself a glass of cold water. She sipped it as she returned to her place next to Annie, who was standing there looking a little... well, scared.

"Yes," she said, giving Annie a quick look-over. Turning to the class, Erywin said, "As you can see, Annie is standing here with a lovely lace shawl that a friend of mind brought over from England wrapped about her shoulders.

"And thanks to that friend--who also happens to be your new Dark Arts instructor--the shawl is cursed with a petrification spell. So--" She turned to Annie, who was just starting to understand what was happeing, "in about another, oh, 10 seconds more the Lovely Miss Krum here is going to turn as hard as a rock. And it will be up to you to see to it I don't have to leave her in the Tower Gardens overnight."

Turning to Annie, Erywin said, "Sorry, my dear, but... where's the fun in making potions if we can't see how they work when we're finished?"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Annie's eyes grew wide and she began to panic as the curse took over her entire body. The last thing she remembered seeing was Kerry's face before she surrendered into the dreamlike state of petrification. Her mind was floating somewhere above her body and she found she was vaguely aware of what was going on around her.

She heard a thump and assumed it was her body hitting the ground...hard.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:24 pm

Kerry was hearing, but he wasn't really listening. He heard Professor Sladen say something about "pretification spell" and "hard as rock", and suddenly Annie's skin took on sort of a . . . it was hard to say. It was like her skin turned "fake", like it wasn't real. Her eyes went glassy and her skin went sort of a false flesh tone, and just like that, Snap! Annie was not moving, not breathing, not saying anything.

Hard as a rock.

Kerry was about to jump out of his chair when Professor Sladen looked at him--no, not look: it was more like staring him down. "Sit, lad!" she said, but her tone was more of an order than a request. Kerry sat back on his stool, a bit freaked.

She said the Dark Arts instructor cursed the shawl, he thought, so Helena helped with this. Which means . . . his mind started running at full-speed, thinking that Helena wouldn't actually do anything that would hurt then. And she was also a potions ma--mistress, so if it can be done, it can be undone. And that meant--

"We made anti-petrification potions," he said aloud . . . only moments before Professor Sladen pushed Annie over with a finger and her body crashed loudly to the floor.
    Erywin Sladen
    Erywin Sladen
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Erywin Sladen Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:49 pm

Turning towards Kerry, Erywin said, "Correct, lad!" She stood there with her arms crossed, he lab coat billowing out, tapping one foot. "What did you think we were making? Love potions?" She snickered. "Not only are you all a little too young to be doing the bump-n-grind in the towers tonight, but the Headmistress might have actually yelled at me had I let that happen."

Erywin removed her wand and levitated the cursed shawl away. "Yes, we have all been busy brewing up anti-petrification potions . . ." She walked over and taped the one named ingredient under Potion List A. "Mandragora Offininarum is a common variety of Mandrake Root, and Mandrake Root is a common element in restorative, anti-petrification potions. All of your have made one or these two versions, and I know you've been keeping track of which one--I know I have.

"So, what we are going to do is de-petrify young Annie, and we'll do it with your potions. Or so we hope." Erywin gave the class one of her now-well known smiles. "And if no one can bring poor Annie out of her state, I have just the potion--" She looked around the classroom. "Somewhere."

She pulled out a couple of pillow from a cabinet and put them under Annie's head, explaining that they were needed to the head was higher than the stomach, and the potion would flow. She also showed them a charm that would open the mouth a little and act like a funnel so they could get the liquid down her throat.

And when everything was in place, that was when Erywin began calling on students....
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:41 pm

Kerry watched the first few students come up and try their luck. The first was a Mórrígan, sort of a quiet looking girl--like Lina, only not Japanese--and her potion was tried . . . and nothing happened. The girl looked crestfallen, but Erywin put her arm around her and whispered something and sent her back to her chair.

The next up was a Ceridwen, but before he got the go ahead Erywin gave his potion a good look, then sniffed contents. She quickly drew her head back, her face screwed up in a look of utter disbelief. "Lad, couldn't you smell this?" she asked. She walked over to a sink and poured it out, setting the bottle aside when she finished. "You'll kill someone with that," she said before shooing him back to his chair.

Next up was a girl from Åsgårdsreia, tall with long hair and a dark complexion. Erywin looked the potion over, then handed it back. "Just a small pour," she told the girl, who then knelt and poured in a small measure.

Nothing happened for a few seconds, and the . . . Annie's color began to return, her body went limp, and she coughed a few times as air reentered her lungs. Erywin was down next to her in a flash, cradling her, cooing, "I got you, deary, I'm right here . . .."
    Erywin Sladen
    Erywin Sladen
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Erywin Sladen Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Erywin was on Annie in a flash, kneeling next to her, hoping to keep her calm. I'm suppose she won't be happy about what I did, she thought. Well, no one said I had to be fair about everything...

"Gotcha, love," she said, keeping Annie flat while she took air back into her lung. "It'll feel strange, not having breathed for a few minutes, but it'll go away quick." She touched Annie's check. "Sorry, deary, but your Potions Mistress can be a right sod some times. Promise I won't do it again."

She helped Annie sit up. Looking up to the Åsgårdsreia girl, Erywin said, "Well, my precious: guess who gets to take Annie's place?"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:16 pm

As Annie slowly regained control of her body, a familiar emotion took hold. She was fuming by the time she got to her feet. She struggled to keep her anger in check, focusing instead on breathing…and Kerry. She hoped he wouldn’t have to be petrified.

The professor handed the girl from Åsgårdsreia her fate, and Annie stormed off to her desk, leaving the next victim staring after her.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:36 pm

After she had calmed down, Annie wondered about her own potion. It was still sitting in the brown bottle at the front of the room...unused.

She raised her hand. "Excuse me, Professor," she said a little too loudly in the silent classroom. "What will happen with my own potion?"
    Erywin Sladen
    Erywin Sladen
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Erywin Sladen Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:40 pm

Erywin looked over from watching the Åsgårdsreia girl petrify. "Oh, Annie... being you are the first to finish, you will be the last to go." Giving Annie a very warm, pleased smile, she added, "I have great hopes for your effort, deary.

"And you will see it work." She shrugged. "Or not."
    Erywin Sladen
    Erywin Sladen
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Erywin Sladen Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Just as Erywin was about to have a student administer another potion there was a bit of a commotion--more like an erupting cauldron, actually. The Bloeddewedd boy, his cauldron was having fits--the sort that come about from a totally trashed potion. Well, I imagined someone would come close to blowing themselves up.

"That potion is buggered, lad," she said. Pointing to the sink, Erywin said, "Go ahead and clean up, you're done for the day."
    Erywin Sladen
    Erywin Sladen
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Erywin Sladen Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:04 pm

As the exploding cauldron was being cleaned up, Erywin petrified the Åsgårdsreia girl, who while not looking completely thrilled about the experience, saw that Annie came out with no ill effect, so she took being turned to a stone-like object with about as much decorum as possible.

Erywin wondered how she liked being pushed back and thunked! on the floor, though.

With the Bloeddewedd lad out of the way Erywin had the Bloeddewedd girl come up and try her potion. Just by looking at the color Erywin figured it wouldn't work, but she nodded for the girl to administer it. Nothing. She sent the girl back to her seat and looked about. Krum is going to be last, so... so that meant the picking were slim indeed. Screw it; I want to see this--

"Kerry Malibey," she said, batting her eyelashes at the blushing boy. "Come up here and save this girl."
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:30 pm

Kerry walked up slowly and waited for Erywin to funnel the girl's mouth, then slowly knelt and poured his potion in. Unlike with the potion that Annie got, the Åsgårdsreia girl came out of her petrified state almost immediately, blinking and coughing a few times as Erywin knelt beside him and set about comforting the girl.

"Well, that was interesting," was all Erywin said, and Kerry felt a tad rejected by the commented. The way the potion worked so quickly--he'd half expected the teacher to start jumping up and down excitedly. Instead he got something of a very sour reaction.

Once the girl was out of the way Erywin stood and pointed to the shawl with her wand. "I hope you look good in light green," she said, grinning. Kerry didn't want to look at Annie as he picked it up and slipped it on; he figured right about now she was starting to faint--again.

As he felt something strange and cold come over him, Erywin stood before him. "Kerry," she said in a faint voice, "you did surprise me lad. Very much so. Great work." She cast a glace to her right, but as the sly smile shaped upon her lips Kerry got the feeling she was really seeing, in her mind, someone seated behind her. "Don't worry, my boy; I don't feel you'll be under long."

As he felt himself getting numb, when the professor stepped aside he looked up at the now-worried Annie and grinned. Oh, hell, he thought, how often am I gonna get to do this? Kerry threw up both hand in a "V for Victory" salute and let out a loud "Whooooo!" before getting petrified completely and falling backwards of his own accord.

Hey, if you're gonna go out petrified, he thought, hitting the floor and finding it a very interesting feeling, you gotta go out John Crichton style.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:57 pm

Annie held her breath as Kerry poured his potion into the girl’s mouth. She knew what was coming if he was successful. Before she could blink, the petrified girl was coughing and gasping for air.

Annie felt the blood drain from her face. He’s next. She gripped the desk to keep herself from doing something completely stupid. She glanced down at her wand. All I need is one good shot…

Before she could finish the thought, Kerry had already wrapped himself in the shawl. He turned to grin at her and flashed victory signs, similar to those she had seen the muggle president Richard Nixon make in pictures, and he let out a rather loud ‘Whooo’ before falling to the ground. It was nothing like she had ever witnessed, and she was completely overwhelmed by the sight of him lying on the floor.

She felt the tears before they actually made their appearance; they streamed down her face, landing in small puddles on her desk. Kerry…her Kerry, was gone.
    Erywin Sladen
    Erywin Sladen
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Erywin Sladen Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:51 pm

Almost as soon as Kerry went down--in what Erywin admitted was a rather amusing fashion--she noticed Annie Krum getting all teary eyed and appearing to be resting on the edge of a breakdown. Oh, my, my. I can't have her blubbering about in class. Erywin sauntered towards her desk. Can't say I don't know how she feels, she thought, staring at Annie's bottled potion. I been there; I can just feel her heart--

"Annie," she said in a normal voice; Erywin suspected that right now her senses were so preternaturally peeked that she would have heard a whisper from the other side of the Tower Walls. She motioned for her to approach.

When Annie reached her Erywin looked down. "Buck up, love," she said, her voice gentle like fine silk. She handed the potion to Annie and then prepped Kerry so it could be administered. "Go rescue your lad," she said, nodding toward Kerry. "He's going to be very happy knowing it's you...."

Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:30 pm

All Annie could do was gape down at Kerry’s stone body and nod as the professor handed her the potion. She knelt next to him; his frozen body sent a shiver through hers as her leg brushed up against him.

She knew he might be able to remember part of this and that he wasn’t in any actual pain, but the sight of him ripped her heart from her chest and caused her to suffer. She wiped away her tears and gracefully pulled the stopper from the top of her potion bottle.

Leaning is close, she whispered into his icy ear, “I love you, Kerry,” and administered her potion.
    Erywin Sladen
    Erywin Sladen
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Erywin Sladen Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:47 pm

Erywin had been standing right over Annie when she administered her potion, and she couldn't help but hear her soft comment. As Kerry almost instantly returned from being petrified, Erywin had to close her eyes for a moment lest anyone see them begin to mist. It was as if when Annie spoke those words she was instantly back on a train sitting in King's Cross, alone in a compartment, saying those say words--

Damnit, now's not the time to turn sentimental, you silly cow! She blinked hard three times, then knelt down. "Welcome back to the land of the living, Kerry," she said, patting him on the shoulder. Now having someone to glance to on her right, Erywin said, "You can thank the lovely Annie for rescuing you, lad." Turning to Annie, she said, "Magnificent work, deary. Can't wait to see what else you can do."

As Erywin helped Kerry to his feet, she said, "Those of you who have completely the potion and tested it, please clean up. If your potion was unsuccessful, please pour it out. If, on the other hand, it worked, please bring up the bottled remnants with a small note indicating which bottle was yours and leave them on my desk." She looked around, noticing a combination of alleviation and dejection. "You have all done remarkably. Next week we'll tackle something more suited for beginners, I promise." She noted the few students remaining, then added for the class as a whole, "When you are finish you may leave; I understand the elves have prepared their wonderful broccoli soup today for lunch--yummmmmm--"
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:17 pm

Taking his cauldron Kerry went to the sink and cleaned it out, getting what was left over down the drain and making sure none of it was sticking to the sides. He'd already bottled up about a half-liter of his potion, which was still sitting at his work station, and he wrote a quick note that had his name and "Real Good Anti-Pretrification Potion" upon it, then left both on the Professor's desk.

With all cleaned up and put away--Professor Sladen showed them where they would store their cauldrons for the school year--Kerry slung his back pack over his shoulder and held out his hand for Annie. "Feel like broccoli soup, my dear?" he asked as he took her by the hand and headed for the classroom door.
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:34 pm

As usual, Raven was one of the last ones to check her potion. She was almost completely sure that her potion wasn't going to work, but it never hurt to try.

Raven wanted the line to hurry up as quickly as possible since she wanted to talk to Lina and asked her why she left without testing her potion,maybe it was perfect and she didn't need it ta be tested. She looked at the love-struck, Annie and commented, but her's was nearly perfect, right? and she got her's tested.

Shaking out of her thought, Raven walked up to Sladen, "Well, I'm ready ta test this thing."
    Erywin Sladen
    Erywin Sladen
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Erywin Sladen Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:24 pm

Hearing that voice speak up, Erywin knew it was Ms. Sartorial Mistake. Last but not least, she thought. Not a problem. Everyone needs to test their potions, and hers was as ready for testing as the others.

"Why, of course, my pet," she said, cooing. Erywin looked around and saw the Åsgårdsreia girl putting her cauldron away. "Glenda, please be a good witch and come turn to stone for me again." The girl picked up the shawl and quickly knelt to the floor. Within about 30 seconds she was once more petrified.

Turning to Raven Erywin motioned to the petrified girl at the front of the class. "Shall we?" she asked, and began prepping the frozen girl's mouth for the potion.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 am