The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

3 posters

Cromwell and Domingo

Wednesday Douglas
    Wednesday Douglas
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 37

Cromwell and Domingo Empty Cromwell and Domingo

Post  Wednesday Douglas Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:07 pm

Wednesday greeted the two young students, patting the girl on the shoulder and giving the boy a quick wink.

"Are we all set up here, you two?" she asked.
    Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

Cromwell and Domingo Empty Re: Cromwell and Domingo

Post  Keith Domingo Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:40 pm

"I think so, Professor. Thanks." Keith's voice cracked a bit when he replied. He almost lost his composure when she winked at him and he tried not to look directly at Lina for a few seconds.

Unaware of how red he was turning, he faced her and said, "Um, okay. Let's get started." He tested the lock a few times and flipped it to its unlocked position. Moving to the front of the door, Keith motioned his wand. "Colloportus.
    Keith Domingo carried out 1 launched of one Cromwell and Domingo D100 (D100.) :
    Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:44 pm

"Almost got it," Keith said confidently despite feeling a bit on the spot in front of Lina. The door had jiggled a bit at his spell, but it remained unlocked. It did feel like he was on the right track, however.

He raised his wand tried again, "Colloportus.
    Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:09 pm

The door locked with a satisfying click. Keith beamed at Lina as he swelled with pride and took a deep breath. Finally, I'm doing something right.

"Your turn." he said, stepping aside.
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:01 pm

Lina took out her wand and stared at the red door for a few seconds. Hopefully this would be easier than Transfiguration. she thought. Lina took a deep breath, flicked her wand and said, "Alohamora."

Evangelina Cromwell carried out 1 launched of one Cromwell and Domingo D100 (D100.) :
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:28 pm

This is going to be just like Transfiguration, she thought. She was completely disappointed that not only did her lock do nothing, but there was a slight smoke coming from it.

Shaking her head, she banished the thought that she might have the lock explode. Trying again, she pointed at the door, did a quick flick and said, "Alohamora!"
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:29 pm

(OOC- I'm a goober :P)

Evangelina Cromwell carried out 1 launched of one Cromwell and Domingo D100 (D100.) :
    Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:58 pm

Seeing someone else perform magic still held a certain charm over him. Watching Lina worked a full-blown enchantment on Keith. It was like seeing someone do it for the first time all over again.

It unlocked. "Cool." Keith said, lacking any better words. His face seemed to be trying to match the shade of their door.
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:23 am

Lina had a huge smile on her face, I did it, she thought, "I did it and it didn't go wrong!" she exclaimed as she hopped for joy. It only took me the second try...it's not a repeat of Transfiguration!! She was so excited that she turned to Keith...and hugged him tightly. I'm so excited!!

After realizing what she just did, she let go of him and blushed softly, "Um, sorry...I'm kind of...excited." There was an awkward silence before Lina gave a nervous cough before changing subjects. "So, um, I'm going to try locking the door now."

Lina faced the red door again. She felt nervous, but tried not to let it get to her. Just as before, she pointed her wand at the door, gave a flick, and said, "Colloportus."

Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:44 am

He was in shock. She was warm and her skin was soft. His heart was going to leap into his throat and his head felt like it was radiating heat, but it was the greatest feeling in the world and it was his.

I'm excited, too! Keith wanted to say, but all he could manage was a smile that he would not remove from his face. He didn't regain his composure until she turned around and attempted to redo the lock.

A cacophony of questions asked and answered themselves in his head. What just happened?
    She hugged you, idiot!
    What do I do?
    Act natural.
    Does that mean she likes me!?
    I certainly hope so!
    What do I do?
    Act natural.
    You mean, "pretend nothing happened?"
    No.
    Uh, okay.

Keith pretended to examine his wand as Lina continued.
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:49 am

"Drat," she said aloud. She was able to jiggle the lock a bit but nothing happened. Evangelina, you know that not everyone can do it on their first try.

Trying not to have anything get her down, Lina did the same thing all over again. "Colloportus!"

Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:26 pm

Keith heard the mechanism click shut when on Lina's second try. "You did it!" The smile on Keith's face reasserted itself. He took her place in front of the door. "Okay, unlock. Alohomora."

He practiced a few waves of his wand before directing it at the door. "Alohomora!"
    Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:32 pm

"Rats." Keith said, trying not to feel embarrassed in front of Lina. The lock didn't even move. It's okay, though. Keith thought. He was still in a very good mood.

"Alohomora!" he retried.
    Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:35 pm

"Almost got it," he told himself. Again, it felt like he was on the right track. He tried again. "Alohomora!"
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:41 pm

Looked looked to her right when she heard a loud explosion. Oh no, not again, she thought as she remembered the mishap that happened in Potions the day before. She felt bad for the blonde girl, I hope she doesn't feel discourage about that.

Lina turned her attention back at the door before her when she heard the door unlock. She clapped at the successful attempt Keith did. "Good job Keith," she exclaimed, "I guess that means we can do the extra credit spells now."

She felt a bit nervous when she realized that they only have 3 chances, per charm, to get the charm correct, but with 2 as her lucky number that day, she felt confident. Pointing her wand away from Keith, just in case something bad happened, Lina announced, "Lumos."

Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:46 pm

It's ok, two is the number of the day, her thoughts on the second try. Lina put her shoulders back, fixed her posture, and with a more confident voice, exclaimed the charm once again, "Lumos!"

Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:00 pm

Lina started to feel a bit nervous now, nothing happened again. The charm didn't even need to last that long, it just needed to work.

With her last attempt at the Lumos charm, Lina put all of her energy into it. "Lumos!"

Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:29 pm

Lina's wand only flickered, but in the end, it didn't stay illuminated. Her heart sank, I won't be able to stay up reading much longer if I can't use the Lumos charm. All she could think about is how she won't be able to stay up reading much longer since she only brought a dozen candles with her, but she already used up five of them, and it was still the first week, I have to ask Mom and Dad to send me some more.

She didn't feel like doing the Orchideous charm, but because she wanted the coven points, she decided to go for it.

"Orchideous."

Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:37 pm

Pink pedals fell around her, the sweet smell reminded her of her mom. Her mood completely changed when the thought of her mom came into her mind. I want this to be the first charm I want to show Mom.

Once again, she lifted her wand to attempt the charm again. "Orchideous."

Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:49 pm

A few more pedals fell all around, even a full blossom, but still not a full bouquet of her favorite flowers. This time...this time for sure!

"Orchideous!"

Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:56 pm

When another full blossom fell to the floor, Lina's heart sank even further, I guess I can't show Mom that I can make Momo blossoms appear.

She went to pick up the two full blossoms that she managed to produce and set them aside when she went to clean up the the pedals from her other few tries.
    Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:54 pm

Keith felt bad for Lina as he watched her struggle with her extra credit spells. At least there weren't any explosions.

He felt confident with the first spell he was about to attempt, since Steve had already shown him the basics of it.
    "Lumos." He flicked his wand.
    Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:25 pm

Success. This is going much better than Transfiguration went. The tip of his wand shined with a continuous bright light. Keith admired his handiwork and held it up for the professor to see as he smiled and nodded at her.

Not wanting to cast a shadow over Lina in any way, he extinguished his wand as soon as Professor Douglas acknowledged him.

Now it was time to make some flowers. He studied the charm for a bit before trying it out. I know what kind of flowers you're going to be, provided I can get this right.

"Orchideous he said, flourishing his wand.
    Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:53 pm

The bouquet appeared with a small pop. Red hibiscus flowers appeared in a bunch attached to a wrapping made of twisted strips of banana leaves. Keith decided to give both spells a few couple of more tries. He set the bouquet down.

Lumos.

Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:54 pm

A weak light flickered on the tip of Keith's wand before going out.

That's okay.

"Orchideous.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:01 am