The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!
The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

Gather at Gwydion Manor

Ramona Chai
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 38

Gather at Gwydion Manor

Post  Ramona Chai on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:22 am

Enter here prior to dueling class. The Manor is open and class will start shortly.

Note: Afternoon study (or whatever the student is up to) is running concurrently. Set up your threads as needed.

Description: the manor has a very high ceiling, maybe 8 meters (26 feet) high. The room is long but not narrow, maybe 18 meters by 12 meters (60 feet by 40 feet). There is an very Celtic feel to it, with torches with low flame on the walls, a few discrete spots of light here and there, and coven banners hanging from one side of the ceiling and the dueling teams for those covers on the other side.

The main entrance is on the west side of the hall, which is a short wall. The entire hall stretches out before you, and there is the stage in the very middle of the room, maybe 7 1/2 meters (25 feet) long. On the far wall are two doors near the outer walls. The stage is only a couple if feet off the floor, and there is room for chairs on either side. There are a few window on the north and south walls letting in light.
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 17

Re: Gather at Gwydion Manor

Post  Evangelina Cromwell on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:21 pm

Evangelina was excited for today, after all, today was her first day of dueling. Almost all of her life, Lina's mother told her how exciting dueling was and how it was different from any other sport out there. Her father would also tell his daughters that their mother and he met at school because of the dueling club.

She walked into the manor, slightly nervous but excited, and could see the entire hall in front of her, but just barely. The sunny outside made the dim inside almost impossible to see anything, but somehow, Lina managed. She continued to walk further inside of the manor to investigate the coven banners and looked at the dueling teams for the covens. I wonder if Mom and Dad are here somewhere, she thought as she stopped in front of the Åsgårdsreia banner trying to find her father's name.
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:32 pm

Kerry, along with Annie, arrived as was usual for them, early. However, the moment Kerry was through the door--and his eyes adjusted for the dim light--he saw someone already here. It was Lina, looking over a collection of large banners along the south wall.

"Hey, Lina," he called out, his voice loud in the huge, empty room. He walked over hand-in-hand with a smiling Annie. "What you looking at?"
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:46 pm

Lina looked behind her to see both Kerry and Annie. "Oh, Good morning you two," Lina said with a smile. She turned back to face the banners and pointed up at the Wild Hunt's banner. "I don't know if you can see it, but that's my dad's name right there. See? Royce Cromwell." She waited slightly before continuing, "I'm going to find my mom next."
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:51 pm

Kerry looked where Lina had pointed. Sure enough, there was the name: Royce Cromwell. Kerry spotted something else. "Hey, Lina, you didn't tell me your dad was named after Thor's Hammer." He point out the name in quotes: "Mjölnir".

"He must have been pretty good to get a handle like that," he said, following after Lina.
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:03 pm

What is he talking about? Lina had to look back up to realize that next to her father's name was the name Mjölnir with quotations around with. "I didn't know that either," she nearly whispered. "I knew that he was on the team, but I didn't know that he was that good," she said slightly louder, "he told me that it was Mom that was better, but maybe I heard wrong."
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:11 pm

"You usually get a nickname if you're good, don't you?" Kerry looked at the banner for Cernunnos and didn't notice a lot of nickname for their past teams. Probably because we're more lovers than fighters, he though, smiling broadly.

Looking at Annie, Kerry wondered how she was going to do in class. Yesterday was a . . . well, busy day, but today was going to a nice break from everything. Though she didn't say much about dueling, he got the impression that Annie was excited.
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:22 pm

Lina shrugged her shoulders. She didn't know how the nicknames worked, after all, she never heard of her parent's having nicknames, but now she was curious.

She grabbed both Annie and Kerry and dragged the two of them over to the Morrigan banner. "Can you two help me? Can you find Sakae Watanabe. That's S-A-K-A-E W-A-T-A-N-A-B-E." she spelled out her mother's name and began to search. I'm sure Dad told me that Mom was better.
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:28 pm

Kerry looked over the banner with the wild demon chicks riding through the sky. Valkyries, indeed, he though, mentally giving it his best Teal'c. He found what he was looking for pretty quickly.

"There she is," he said, pointing towards the middle of the banner. "They have her Watanabe Sakae." He saw her nickname and grinned. "Oni? Was your mom Lum's mom, too?" He looked Lina over. "You don't have horns, do you?"
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:18 pm

Annie allowed herself to be dragged over to the Morrigan banner, even though she had no idea what it was she had just been asked to look for. As she scanned through the unfamiliar names, Kerry found the one that drew Lina in and occupied her thoughts.

She glanced over at Kerry, a tight-lipped smile pasted on her face. Something was wrong; Annie could feel it. She placed her arm around Lina’s shoulders, trying to comfort her new friend.

“How about our dueling room?” Annie said, trying to lighten the mood. For the first time since stepping through the doors with Kerry, Annie really took in the room, and instantly she fell in love with it. It had a cavernous quality and the atmosphere oozed the powerful energy contained within. “I think we’re all in for a lot of fun today.” She winked over Lina at Kerry, and walked over toward the stage.
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:48 pm

"Echo!" Keith called out after entering the hall and hearing the conversation reverberating throughout the room. He saw the others and scurried over to them to see what they were up to.

"Hiya, people!" he said excitedly. He was a bit concerned about how he would do in this class, but being peppy covered it up nicely.
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:09 pm

"Hey, Keith." Kerry was following Annie and Lina, thinking, Yeah, dueling is gonna be interesting. "Hey, man, you okay?" Kerry thought Keith seemed a little nervous. "Nothin' to worry about, right? Just gonna be slinging spells we don't know at each other.

"I mean, what's the worst could happen?" Kerry shrugged. "We'll all end up in the hospital before class is over?"
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo on Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:33 pm

"No, I'm not nervous!" said Keith. There was a change in pitch to his voice that gave it away. "New spells sound like fun, though."

Although he was afraid of getting hurt while dueling, he was more interested in getting whatever new spells they were going to learn to work. It would be like class, but with a spell target that fights back. He looked at Kerry, Annie, and Lina and wondered if her would have to duel any of them. Keith didn't look forward to having to do so.
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:02 pm

"I'm wondering how we are supposed to duel each other," Annie said, making herself comfortable on the edge of the stage. She looked up at Lina, Keith, and Kerry. "I don't think I will have the nerve to face anyone." Annie let her eyes linger a few moments longer on Kerry before smiling up at him.

"What about you guys?"
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:11 pm

Kerry slowly pulled out his wand and pointed it at nothing. Affecting a stance, he said, sneering, "Me? I don't care! Death does not scare me!" He inched forward, slashing his wand like it was a sword. "I laugh at Death!! HA!!!"

He spun around one and a half times, stopping to face the others. "I am Tony Montoya," he said in an overwrought accent. "You killed my father. Prepare to die!" Holding out his hand to Annie, he spoke in his normal voice. "What do you think, Princess Buttercup? We might actually end up hurting each other? Or maybe this teacher actually has intelligence?"
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:31 pm

Annie's eyes brightened as Kerry mentioned one of her favorite books. She took his hand and let him pull her up from the stage, producing her own wand. Giggling, she held him at arm’s length.

“Farm boy, polish my horse's saddle. I want to see my face shining in it by morning,” she said, smiling brightly at him.
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:37 pm

It had been a while since he'd seen The Princess Bride, so he was challenged to come up with a suitable response. Looking around the room, then gazing out the windows, he returned, "I'm not saying I'd like to build a summer home here, but the trees are actually quite lovely."

He then pulled her in close, not thinking that Lina and Keith where there next to them. "So you know what to say next, right?" He wiggled his eyebrows.
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:56 pm

Annie laughed and pushed him away from her. She stepped back, hopping up onto the stage with a graceful leap. High above her head she held her wand, pointed directly at him.

“Yes, I do,” she scowled. “I'm not a witch, I'm your wife, but after what you just said, I'm not even sure I want to be that anymore!”

She raised an eyebrow, noticing his look, and as he sprung forward, she darted in the opposite direction.
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:14 pm

Kerry sprinted after Annie, not really trying to catch her because--where was the fun in that?

"If your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches!" He held his wand high, like a sword, then posed to savor the moment. He turned to Lina and Keith. "Have fun stormin' da castle!" he cried, then once more sprinted after Annie, calling, "Do we have to read the kissing parts?"
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:13 am

Lina giggled as Annie and Kerry had a conversation to themselves of the movie, Princess Bride. I wonder if both Muggle and Wizards watch that movie, seeing how Kerry and Annie were both quoting it, she wondered. However, her wondering fell short as her mind went back to that banner. I understand if they had her name written the Japanese way, but why would she have such a horrible nickname? Mom is far from being a demon!

That thought only went back to her sorting. She shuttered at the memories of that night: the blood, the pain of the horns, her mother dying...she wanted nothing more than to forget about it. Quickly, Evangelina fell into denial, whoever gave her that nickname must have been a real meanie! Mom might have been really good at dueling, but she was far from being a demon.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:16 pm