The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!
The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

Visiting an old friend.

Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 18

Visiting an old friend.

Post  Annie Krum on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:52 pm

After the thrill of dueling was over, Annie and Kerry headed southeast, wandering through the seemingly endless trees surrounding Gwydion Manor to the small clearing surrounding it. The forest began to brighten as they approached the owlery; the trees giving way to the tall circular stone building that housed all of the school’s owls along with the owls that belonged to the students.

Annie smiled at Kerry and her face flushed as she remembered their last time together in an owlery. She tenderly took his hand and faced him, brushing her lips over his cheek. “Ready,” she whispered into his ear.

The overwhelming feeling of being alone for what was probably the first time since they met dawned on her as they held their intimate embrace. She stepped back gazing into his eyes—the occasional owl taking flight from their roost the only sound.
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 17

Re: Visiting an old friend.

Post  Kerry Malibey on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:10 pm

Kerry was feeling very jacked about dueling; he'd done extremely well--better than he'd expected--and in the aftermath Annie and he had come to the owlery.

More ot less where it had all begun.

With the exception of a flutter of wings, or the occasional screech, it was very quiet, with only the wind in the trees. An owl or two flew in and out, likely looking for food. This building wasn't sitting atop some incredibly high rock; it was more a smaller version of the coven towers.

With Annie nuzzled up against him Kerry was feeling incredibly happy. The first week of school behind them, they had the weekend to get study done and see about buying things--and being one week closer to getting out of Temporal Jail.

"I'm ready, too," he said. He turned her and kissed her, full on the lips, very gently. Kerry realized what he was doing; he didn't care. Being with Annie had been one of the ways he'd gotten through the week, and knowing she was going to with with him the rest of the time here . . . there was nothing he could thing of better.

When he broke the kiss his head was spinning. His eyes closed, he breathless whispered out the words, "I love you, Annie." When he opened them, he saw his right hand--like the first time a week ago in the garden--resting upon her heart.
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:53 pm

Annie was breathless as they parted; her head reeling. Her eyes were bright and her color hectic from their shared passion. She placed her hands over his, pressing him closer to her. “It’s yours,” she breathed.

She kissed him once again, taking his hands in hers and led him to the entrance of the owlery.
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:02 pm

Standing in the entrance Kerry saw that it was, indeed, a smaller version of their coven towers, with stairs leading up to four levels of nestings. There was straw all over the floor and owl droppings on the walls. And the smell . . ..

Kerry, standing behind Annie, looked up and over her shoulder. Yeah, she was still an inch taller than her, but Kerry figured that wouldn't last for a lot longer. He pulled her in around the waist and held her tight, pressing her into him. I'm yours, she'd said only moments before, and Kerry was knowing this more and more all the time. He couldn't place it, but it seemed like today, for some reason, there was something that had been between them--it was missing. He'd felt it after herbology, and damn sure felt it before he fell asleep in the hospital, but today . . . whatever it was, Kerry didn't feel it anymore.

"Remember this?" he asked, pinching her around the waist. "This was, back at Hoggie, the first time I sort of almost like kissed you." He snuggled against her head. "I'm so glad we came here, though. This is really our home."
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:18 pm

Annie took a step up and turned on him, placing her arms lightly over his shoulders. She ran her long fingers through the back of his hair. “I’ve seen our house,” she said smiling down at him.

She leaned closer, embracing him as she did. “But you are my home, Kerry. This place only feels that way because we are here—together.”
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:23 pm

Kerry thought for second about what Annie had said--and it brought a smile to his face. "Since getting out of the house I felt like . . . I'm free, Sweetie. It's so great being on our own."

And he did mean "on our own" since Annie seemed so much a part of him now. I guess almost getting killed makes you see things differently, he thought. And he knew that he didn't want Annie: he had to be with her. She really was part of him now. He knew it. It could feel it inside. Every time she touched him--like now--he felt so many different things--

"You saw our house?" He giggled, resting his head against her chest. "I hope it was nice."
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:52 pm

“It was only nice because you were there,” she said, stepping down and drawing her body closer. She tilted her head and kissed him, and for the first time she left herself behind and was standing with him at the lake— dripping wet, molding her mouth to his.

Abruptly, Annie pulled away—breathless and horror-struck. “Kerry…” she said, taking a step backward. “I…” Forgetting that the stairs were behind her, she tripped, landing hard on her rear. “Ow!” she yelped, rubbing her sore bottom.
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:58 pm

Kerry reached down to Annie, planing on pulling he to her feet, but instead he slid next to her on the stairs, laying an arm across her. "You saw something, didn't you?" he asked. He could sense it; he was getting a little better at feeling things, and he was pretty sure she had a flash of something.

He scooted over and sat against the owlery stair wall. "You saw us, didn't you?" He looked off into the distance, pleased in a way he couldn't define yet. "After . . . you know. Married."
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:29 pm

It would all be so much simpler if he had seen what she did. Her vision was so pure, so vivid—it was practically like being there. Yet here they were, both eleven and sitting at the entrance to a reeking owlery.

She felt something inside her ache for him. The potent sensation was raw and new. “I did,” she whispered. “I saw us…alone,” she sighed, “at the lake. It’s always the lake.”

Annie pulled her knees tightly into her body and hugged them. “Kerry, sometimes I don’t understand what is wrong with me. Why do I have to be tormented by the images that I want so badly but can only hope will happen in our future?”
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:41 pm

Kerry said nothing for a few moments. He understood having these visions could hurt; he'd picked that up from reading. He could also see Annie focusing on one vision . . ..

"You keep seeing the same thing because it's going to happen, Sweetie," he finally said. "That was one thing mentioned in one of the books: when someone has a particular vision over and over that's really vivid, then it's nearly a certainly." He inched over towards Annie. "They're not just seeing it, they're there. It's more than a vision, it's like they stepped through into the future."

Reaching her side, Kerry put his arms around Annie. "Of course, another book said that's pretty much BS, but, hey, I go with what sounds good." He laughed just a touch to lighten the mood, then kissed her on the cheek. "It's gonna happen. I don't know why I know, but I do." Hugging her, he sat next to Annie. "It's like being stuck in a real-life Jumanji: you know this is going to happen, but you have to wait through real time to get there." He caressed her check. "And how do you deal with that?"
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:28 pm

Annie clung to him, while the tears ran their course. “I don’t know how to do this, Kerry. It’s all so much more complicated than I imagined,” she wept into his neck.

She sniffled and faced him. “I’m sorry,” she said, her eyes damp. “It’s just that I want us so badly. But I’d wait a hundred lifetimes if I knew you would be there waiting for me in the end.”
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:36 pm

Kerry couldn't help but feel his heart break a little. She's so . . . tortured, was the only thing he could think. She's not seeing the future, she feels it, like they said you could in the book.

And he knew it had enough force to rip her up emotionally, on the inside.

"I don't know how to prove it," he said, clutching Annie tightly against him. "I don't want to be with anyone else--and I'm not just saying it." He pulled her up for a kiss, one that he held so long the ever-present scent of the owls vanished. "I'm going to be at the lake with you, I know I will. It will happen. I wish it can be now, but--" Kerry sighed. "It's in the future. We just have to wait."

He kissed her again, this time for . . . he didn't know how long. "If I could make it happen now, I would. But I barely know how to fly." He smiled, hoping to lift her spirits.

Last edited by Kerry Malibey on Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:18 pm

Giggling, Annie leaned back into his chest and folded his arms around her. “Flying sounds simple when you compare it to our relationship.”

She looked out at the dense forest surrounding them—a barrier, locking out the world beyond. “I know the lake will happen, Kerry,” she said. “I’m just wondering how I’ll make it until then without driving us both mad. I can’t promise you that I’ll always behave—or play fair,” she craned her neck to look up at him. “But I will promise to always be there.

“I’ve given you my heart—the rest can wait…even if my visions keep insisting otherwise.”
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:33 pm

"Playing fair?" Kerry started giggling. "So what are you going to give me besides your heart, Annie?" Then he quickly kissed her on the cheek and slipped out from behind to run up the stairs.

"Valdore! Valdore!" He trotted up the stairs to the next level. "Where you are, you silly girl? Huh?" He looked around for his beautiful barn owl that he hadn't seen since last weekend.
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:51 pm

Annie watched him sprint up the tower steps, calling after his owl. She leaned back against the wall waiting for him to return; the last time she had been up in one gluing her to the step.

She thought about his last question. ‘..what are you going to give me besides your heart..’ he’d asked. Annie giggled, alone on the steps. “You’ll have to wait to find out,” she whispered into the air.
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:02 pm

It didn't take long for Kerry to find Valdore, rub her feathery head and, after tossing her a bit of meat that was sitting in a special container, he headed back down to find Annie sitting where he'd left her five minutes before, seemingly deep in thought.

"So, Sweetie," he said, helping Annie to her feet, "where shall we go? We got the Dark Arts paper to finish and then . . ." Kerry slowly parted his hands and lay them open to his sides, "nada."

They walked slowly down the stairs, hand-in-hand. "Would it be wrong to say I love you?"

Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:21 pm

Annie beamed. “It would be…" she said, tugging him back, "only if I weren’t able to say it back.” She wrapped her arms around him. “But I am. I love you, now and forever.”
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:24 pm

Smiling, Kerry said, "If that's the case, then your vision is coming true." He pulled her out of the owlery, on the side near the woods and away from the Gamekeeper's Stables. "You are such a naughty little witch," he said before kissing her again, and for a long time.
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:12 pm

Annie laughed as Kerry pulled her along. Before she knew what was happening, he was kissing her. Her body’s reaction was instant and uncontrollable. She pulled him in tighter, molding her small frame to his. Her lips yielded to his as she ran her fingers through his hair.
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:17 pm

Kerry finally broke the kiss because . . . he needed air. Annie is way-- He didn't know what he was going to thing there, because his head was spinning.

"If this is what we're like now, what's it going to be like when we're teenagers?" he whispered. "We'll find out in a few years, I suppose."

Sighing, he took Annie's hand and turned back towards the Great Hall. "They have some kind of beef pot roast tonight," he said, then quickly added, "Hey, did you hear we can go to the hall tonight in our night clothes?" Kerry laughed. "That's gonna be fun--"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:32 am