The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

+3
Trevor Parkman
Annie Krum
Kerry Malibey
7 posters

Welcome to the Midnight Madness

Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

Welcome to the Midnight Madness - Page 4 Empty Re: Welcome to the Midnight Madness

Post  Kerry Malibey Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:21 pm

"Just ask for it and the elves will make it appear on the coffee table in front you." He considered the girl's question. "I didn't think I was going to enjoy Herbology, but now that's we've gotten our hands dirty, I think it's going to be a lot more interesting--particularly when I get more into potions.

"I didn't know a lot about Chamrs, but today Annie and I were in the dungeon there doing something--" He grinned. "I was wicked."

He paused to sip his hot chocolate. "And Dark Arts . . . I think that's going to be way incredible."
    Anna Krolence
    Anna Krolence
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 24

Welcome to the Midnight Madness - Page 4 Empty Re: Welcome to the Midnight Madness

Post  Anna Krolence Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:28 pm

She grinned. Her father was good in Dark Arts, and her mother was best in Charms. "Dark Arts? Charms? Do tell. And the tea? Let me try." She waited a moment, feeling silly. "May I please get a full cup of Earl Grey tea with one lump of sugar in it?" She waited patiently for the cup of tea and Kerry's answers.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:31 pm

The tea popped up on the table before Linda, a little kettle next to a steaming cup. "See?" Kerry said. "Elven version of replicator technology."

Last edited by Kerry Malibey on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:12 am

Annie giggled at Kerry. She had no idea what he was talking about, but that’s what made him adorable. She was warmed by the idea that she would have the rest of her life to figure him out.

Since they were all in their pajamas, she wondered to which coven LInda belonged. “I don’t remember seeing you in our commons; we’re both Cernunnos.”
    Anna Krolence
    Anna Krolence
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Anna Krolence Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:09 pm

"Morrigan," she said, nodding her head. "Morrigan." She took a sip of her tea. "Well, house elves have earned my respect. Normally no one can find my picky tea flavour." Linda smiled. "So, Annie, what do you think of school so far?"
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:20 pm

Kerry laughed. "Hey, I asked you first!" he said jokingly. "No fair asking us all the questions." He slipped his arm off Annie's thigh and around her shoulder, holding her tightly. "What's been good for you so far?"
    Anna Krolence
    Anna Krolence
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Anna Krolence Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:25 pm

"Umm..." She paused. "The American expirience. I enjoy being away. You're obviously American, so I can't ask, 'And you?' but what do you think of this school so far?"
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:37 pm

"It's . . . interesting." Kerry was playing it coy for some reason. "Actually, I've been living in Wales the last 3 years--and my father is Welsh--so I'm not entirely American." He shrugged. "Loving the magic, though. It's fun to find out all the things you didn't know you thought were fantasy were not only real, but that you can do them."
    Anna Krolence
    Anna Krolence
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Anna Krolence Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:46 pm

"Were your parents wizards?" she asked, prying even further into Kerry's life. "Or is this all bright and new to you?"
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:52 pm

Shaking his head, Kerry said, "No. Muggle born. So it's all new." He smiled at Annie. "But we're doing well, so no complaints." He turned back to Linda. "Enough about me: what about you?"

Last edited by Kerry Malibey on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anna Krolence
    Anna Krolence
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Anna Krolence Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:55 pm

"Oh, my story's boring." She smiled. "Your's must be more interesting. But if you must know, ask a question. Any question."
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:04 pm

Kerry got a very passive look upon his face, then fell into his best Bobby Goren imitation. "I have been," he said. He cocked his head to the side. "You know, avoiding answering questions by returning a question, it's . . . very passive-aggressive," he said very softly and in a halting voice. "Usually indicative of someone trying to hide something."

He tilled his head to the other side and increased the intensity of his stare. "So what are you hiding?"

Last edited by Kerry Malibey on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:30 pm

Annie was uncomfortable with the way the new girl was prying. She was even more unnerved by Kerry's brutal honesty. He hadn't lived enough in her world to understand that such private details could get one in trouble.

"I don't think she is hiding anything at all, Kerry. She's just being elusive...on purpose." She leaned in closer, wishing there was an easier way to make him understand. "It's an old habit brought about by years of fear and anxiety in our world with regard to dark wizards."

She turned back to Linda and gave her a cold, hard stare.

"Isn't that right, Linda?"
    Anna Krolence
    Anna Krolence
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Anna Krolence Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:15 pm

Linda nodded, grateful for Annie's save. "Dark wizards have never done me much good, just giving me a broken family." Kerry's odd reaction sent her to defense mode. But she wanted to talk to Annie later. It felt good to have some one that might understand.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:44 pm

"Yes, well we wouldn't know anything about that and it's obvious you aren't in a position to chat about anything of a personal nature, since you have already pointed out that your story is boring."

Annie shifted her legs under the blanket. "Unless there is something you wanted to share?"
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:28 pm

"Yeah, tell us about yourself, Linda." Kerry was smiling and, strangely enough, getting more playful with Annie. He had the strongest urge to tickle her under the covers.

"I'm really curious about dark magic and wizards." He looked over to Annie, then continued. "What can you tell me?"

Last edited by Kerry Malibey on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anna Krolence
    Anna Krolence
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Anna Krolence Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:19 pm

"They aren't any good, okay?" she stated furiously. But then she felt foolish of herself.

"Look, I'm sorry Kerry it's just a touchy subject." His curiousity made her angry. She wanted to storm out, but she couldn't bring herself to do so.

"My father is dead because of them- well, that's what we think. And now the household is in shambles." She didn't dare tell them of her mother's state. "Just leave it alone, okay?"
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:27 pm

Kerry nodded. "Sure, no problem." And left it at that.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:58 pm

After Kerry spoke, Annie slid out from under the blanket, leaving her seat next to him to sit on the empty part of the couch where Mr. Parkman had just vacated—just to get closer to Linda.

She leaned in, her nostrils flaring, and bared her teeth at the silly girl. “I suggest,” she growled, “that you hold your tongue when you speak—especially if nothing useful is going to come out of it.”

Annie stood up and leaned over the girl so she could whisper in her ear. “And if you ever speak to him like that again and think you can get away with it because he is a muggle,” She leaned back and glared at Linda. “Well, I’ll leave that to your imagination.”

She took her seat once again next to Kerry and kissed his cheek. “I think,” Annie turned her face back to Linda and scowled at her. “You need some time alone to think, wouldn’t you agree? Dark wizards can wreak havoc on a weak mind.” She laughed.

“Do come back when you are fit to hold a conversation without insulting everyone at the table.”
    Anna Krolence
    Anna Krolence
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Anna Krolence Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:07 pm

She should be furious, right? But Linda nodded her head and picked up her things, including the empty tea cup. Why should she get angry? They didn't understand. They probably never will. She meant no harm to his curiousity, it just brought her back to her home life.

Once feet away from the couple, tears filled her eyes. Then she parted for the door, not saying much anything. She just kept thinking about Lisa all alone at home.

But then a sudden thought popped once brighter into her head. They really didn't know. Why punish them for their ingorance?

She made a quick 360 and turned herself around. She walked straight up to Annie and told her, "Look, I'm sorry. I get it. He's your boyfriend. And you stick up for him. It's cute. But I didn't mean any real harm. He- and you- just don't know what my life is like. It's not the sweetest tale." She paused. "I get it. You don't get me, not even if you think that you do. But, what I'm trying to say is I'm sorry if I made you hurt."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:40 pm

Annie watched as Linda picked up and left. She turned to Kerry. “I’m sorry she was so rude to you. Some witches and wizards don’t hold a high regard to the feelings of muggle borns. I have no idea what her story is, but I’m guessing she is one of them.” She gave Kerry another kiss and was astonished to see the Morrigan back in front of her…and apologizing.

“Look, Linda,” she said standing up. “I don’t really want to drag anything out of you that makes you uncomfortable. And no, I don’t get you… how could anyone when you don’t speak to people who are trying to be friendly?

“You were rude to Kerry, so I think he should be the one to accept…or not.” Annie turned to look at him still sitting on the couch. “That is up to him.” She winked and looked back at Linda. “As for me, if you would like to stay and enjoy the rest of the evening here with us, I don’t mind. Just try to relax. You aren’t taking your OWL’s or being tortured by Death Eaters… You’re just having a cup of tea with a couple of first years.”
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:43 pm

Kerry was getting the gist of the exchange. Damn, ain't much better than school in Cardiff, he thought, what with one group going after another--and the only thing anyone can agree on is hatin' the chavs.

He looked up to Linda. "It's cool," he said, "No harm done." He shrugged and smile. "I got hit with two killing curses the first week, so . . . nothing gonna hurt me here."

Last edited by Kerry Malibey on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anna Krolence
    Anna Krolence
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Anna Krolence Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:47 pm

Linda sat down slowly. "I would've acted the same way to a Pureblood. It had nothing to do with his blood. He just came off wanting to know a lot. You seemed more cool with it. Anyway, I don't even know if you are a Pureblood or not."

I really don't even understand their lives. Annie is so touchy about blood purity and Kerry seems to pry. But there are reasons for these characteristics and I have to deal with them.

And then she giggled. "Yah, everyone was talking about those curses. I didn't know it was you though. How was it? No, that's a stupid question." She laughed once more.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:50 pm

Kerry thought about what he should say. "Well, seeing as how I never was hit with one before . . . and I lived . . . twice." He shrugged. "It's not something I wanna have happen again soon."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:52 pm

"Me either," Annie added. "I'm not sure what was worse actually...watching it or living through it." She looked up at Kerry, thinking about their time in the hospital wing afterward.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:43 am