The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!
The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

Setting up the Seeds

Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 17

Setting up the Seeds

Post  Kerry Malibey on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:24 pm

Entering the Greenhouse, Kerry was surprised to see a few other students here work on project. It's the weekend and a lot of people are taking time on their stuff. He was truly surprised. In his "old" way of life, the weekend rolled up and you kicked back. Kerry himself was no stranger to this: most of the time he was sitting before his computer looking for things or playing videos or games.

School work? It wasn't like he needed to do it, but doing it . . . nothing thing altogether.

And then he realized: I've been working on things all day. The flying was fun, but it was still--

School work.

He looked around and noticed Professor Semplen coming down the hall toward #2. Kerry held up his hand. "Hi, Professor. Could we ask you something?"
    Holoč Semplen
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 38

Re: Setting up the Seeds

Post  Holoč Semplen on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:33 pm

Taking a bead on the two students Holoč recognized Krum and Malibey. What are they doing here? he wondered. Most of the 1st Years are off looking to find trouble. "What can I help you both with?"

His surprise turned to a touch of shock when both Krum and Malibey presented him with handfuls of... "Those are Fire Seeds," he finally gasped out. "Where did you get those?"
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 18

Post  Annie Krum on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:41 pm

Annie was suddenly nervous. She glanced over at Kerry and decided to confess. “We went to the library to get a jump on our assignment. We found a couple of books…and we both wanted to try growing the Fire Seed Bush. I have never seen one, so we wandered down to the research area and Kerry thought it might be a good idea to try to find a map of the school grounds. I thought it might be a better idea to try to produce the bush using magic.” She took a deep breath and continued.

“We went to see Professor Douglas to see if that was even possible and she didn’t say it wasn’t, so she brought us down to the dungeon and left us there to try. We both were able to produce the bush and the flames—well, Kerry actually was much better at it than I was,” her cheeks flushed and she smiled at Kerry.

“After our plants were on fire, we searched for the freezing charm and it was a fairly simple thing to freeze our plants and harvest the seeds.” Annie finished and smiled sweetly up at their Herbology professor, hoping he wouldn’t be too upset with them.
    Holoč Semplen
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Holoč Semplen on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:51 pm

Listening to Annie's explanation, Holoč was nearly floored. They created the bushes in the Charms Dungeon! And harvested the seeds. This took him very much by surprise.

"You did nothing wrong," he said, "though now I'm probably not going to take you spelunking now to help you gather your seeds." He smiled to show he wasn't upset. In fact, he was far from it. "This is--remarkable. I didn't expect anyone to pick Fire Seed Bushes, and your solution to finding them... outstanding."

He knew he needed to set them straight, however. "Herbology is more than just growing plants and using them for potions and mixtures. You should know their environment, how they interact with the other flora and fauna. You should know their world. I would ask--" He put his hands on their shoulders, "that you pick the rest of your plants you intend to grow. After all, we know now you can do charms." He smiled broadly. "Show me what you can do in this class."

He looked back at their seeds. "Are you looking to store those here?"

Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:12 pm

Annie was thrilled they were not in trouble and she supposed Professor Semplen was right; they should invest some time in finding out more about the habitat of the Fire Seed Bush.

“Razbira se, profesor. Nie shte namerim ostanalata chast ot nashite zavodi na uchilishtni dvorove. Keri i az ne byaha v sastoyanie da razberete mnogo za tova rastenie. Ima li oblasti v ramkite na uchilishteto steni, koito mozhem da se izsledvat, za da razberete poveche za nego?” Annie slipped easily into her native Bulgarian, nearly forgetting that Kerry was standing right beside her. She looked over at him, realizing at the last minute that she was probably coming across as impolite.

“I’m sorry,” she said to Kerry. “That was rude. It is just that Professor Semplen reminds me so much of home.

“I was just asking him if we could find the Fire Seed Bush within the walls of the school so that we might be able to study it better.”
    Holoč Semplen
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Holoč Semplen on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:28 pm

He laughed, almost slipping into his rusty Bulgarian to answer. But he remembered the look on Kerry's face when they were in his coven office last week, and didn't want to subject the boy to their native mutterings.

"Unfortunately, young Annie, there are no caves on the grounds proper," he said, leading them over to the storage cabinets. "However, there is a small cave about a kilometer north of here that has them. Most of the walk is easy, but you will need some gear to get to the bush chamber." He shook his head back and forth, weighing the difficulty. "It's maybe a 15 meter crawl. Most a stoop, actually. All together you need to go in about 400 meters."

He pointed to containers. "If you like you can put your things in there. I would label them with names and then locked them. You both know the locking and unlocking charm?" After they nodded Holoč told them, "I'd also write on there the seed count. There are no other Fire Seeds here, so if one turns up... we know where they got the seeds."

Before he stepped away Holoč said, "If you would like, I can take you to the cave next weekend. I think you might find the trip very interesting." He nodded to them. "Let me know what you think. Take care."

With a final smile he started to walk away, then asked, "By the way, did Professor Douglas see this work? And did you get points for us?" By "us" he meant the coven. When Annie and Kerry told him yes to both, Holoč said, "Excellent!" then finally was able to walk away.
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:34 pm

Kerry found some sticky paper and a pen and wrote his name and seed count down, then attached it to the container before locked it down. "I'm sure there's a better way of marking this," he said, putting his off to one side, "but that will do for now."

He watched Annie very intently as she did the same. "Do you remember?" He slid in a little closer to her. He whispered, "I told you I loved you here. That seems like it was . . . like forever."

Then something jumped into the foreground of his mind. "Professor Douglas told Professor Arrakis about what I did in class the other day, and now she thinks I have Sight?" He shook his head. "Wow. How much stranger can it get?"
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:42 pm

Annie finished labeling her seeds when Kerry spoke up. She put the container aside and faced him. “I’ll never forget that, Kerry. Never.”

Her eyes sparkled as he spoke of Professor Arrakis. She looked around the room where a few students lingered and leaned closer. “Any more projects that need completing today?”
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:47 pm

Kerry walked Annie out through the door to the courtyard where they'd shoveled the other day. "I think we've done a lot for the day," he said. "I realized: I never asked Professor Salomon about buying that broom."

He laughed as they headed back towards the Pentagram Courtyard. "I think we've done enough for today. Crash in the commons for a while, or hang in the dinning haul. And--" He snuggled in close, "We can get into our pjs again for the Madness."

He stopped and kissed her quickly, pressing against her, not hard, but enough that he could feel her. When he broke he said, "Love you, Annie. It's been a good day."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:19 pm