The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

2 posters

Private Madness

Trevor Parkman
    Trevor Parkman
    Librarian

Character Age : 51

Private Madness Empty Private Madness

Post  Trevor Parkman Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:15 pm

Trevor followed Deanna to the right front of the room, towards one of the transept corners where there were fewer people and the background conversation was easily ignored. He waited for her to sit before taking his own seat across from her.

"I will be honest, Deanna," he said, starting off, "that's I'm surprised to see you tonight. Thought, I am glad." He crossed his legs. "We don't often have an opportunity to speak."
    Deanna Arrakis
    Deanna Arrakis
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 38

Private Madness Empty Re: Private Madness

Post  Deanna Arrakis Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:28 pm

“It would have been rude of me to refuse your invitation, Trevor.” Denna smiled easily. “One small kettle of tea, please. Two glasses. Milk and sugar on the side. One tea infuser with fresh mint.”

Before their eyes, her order materialized. She set to work, making them both a cup of tea.
    Trevor Parkman
    Trevor Parkman
    Librarian

Post  Trevor Parkman Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:33 pm

"Invite, Deanna?" Trevor poured in a touch of milk before picking up his tea. "You know it would be improper of me to--" And then he realized what she was on about.

"Ah, yes." He stirred the milk in until the liquid as a light color. "I suppose you have been on my mind of late." He took a small sip before adding, "You're a lot more sensitive than I'd thought." He held the cup and saucer in place upon his crossed knee. "Or my thoughts are far more... powerful."
    Deanna Arrakis
    Deanna Arrakis
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Deanna Arrakis Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:52 pm

“I’m inclined to believe it is the latter.” She leaned back and sipped her tea, watching him intently. “I wonder, Trevor. Are you considering me because you are frightened?”
    Trevor Parkman
    Trevor Parkman
    Librarian

Post  Trevor Parkman Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:56 pm

Now that was something he'd not only never heard, he'd never considered. "I'm afraid I don't understand, Deanna," he said very concerned. "Of what should I be frightened? Certainly not you--" Though the thought of the "curse" did enter his mind time and again....
    Deanna Arrakis
    Deanna Arrakis
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Deanna Arrakis Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:06 am

Denna sat very still, absorbing his energy. After a few moments, she decided he was telling the truth and moved on. She glanced over to the couch which Annie and Kerry had made their own and noticed they had more company.

“Children are very simple to read, Trevor. They haven’t had the time to build up their defenses. To shield their hearts and minds…”

She placed her teacup on the small table in front of them and stared deeply into his eyes. “I have seen you quite a lot in my head since the beginning of term, but tonight was the most urgent." She flashed him a quick smile. "I’m not sure what to make of that.”

Trevor Parkman
    Trevor Parkman
    Librarian

Post  Trevor Parkman Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:03 pm

Trevor wasn't sure what to make of it as well. It was a given that after spending the summer in London--a rare occurrence for him these days, since he owned a home in Boston now--and then coming back to the Institute, the person most on his mind would be Deanna. But for some reason....

"I can't say for certain, Deanna, but there's a feeling--" He paused to gather his thoughts, then stated: "I don't hide that you're often on my mind, but after the summer I had, I have..." He paused again, looking for the right word. "I suppose one may call it trepidation. I'm worried." He sipped his tea. "About you. But... I can't, for any good reason, say why. Because I don't know why."

He sat up straight, clearing his throat. "And it has nothing to do with 'curses', in case you may have... sensed that." He looked off to his right, starting into the large fireplace that was on a low burn. "I suppose this is all very irrational, but it's something I can't shake."
    Deanna Arrakis
    Deanna Arrakis
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Deanna Arrakis Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:16 pm

Denna considered his words carefully. “I don’t pretend to understand where this is headed, Trevor.” She took in his aura, which seemed to vacillate between a bold red and a bright lemony yellow. He is struggling with his nerves and anxiety while trying to contain his fear of losing control.

“I can see you are deeply conflicted and are unsure why.” She leaned forward, “All good is hard, Trevor. All evil is easy. Dying, losing, cheating, and mediocrity are easy. Stay away from easy.”

She stared deeply into his eyes. “I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma. This harmless enigma has been made terrible—by those without the sight, in their own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.”

Denna smiled. “Worry is a misuse of imagination, Trevor. I have almost convinced young Annie of that.”
    Trevor Parkman
    Trevor Parkman
    Librarian

Post  Trevor Parkman Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:17 pm

Is that true? he thought. He realized it was. Worry does take up a great deal of the imagination, seeing things that aren't there... "I sense my worry revolves around you only because..." Steady on, lad. "You tend to stay in my thoughts these days--Deanna--as less of an academic, and more of someone I consider a close friend."

He sat his saucer and cup upon the table, then lightly cleared his throat. "I find you... what is the word? Approachable." Oh, Trevor! You're blowing it, lad! "No. More than approachable. What I mean to say is--"

Trevor suddenly shook his head as if finally disgusted with his stuttering trepidation. "I find you attractive, Deanna. And because I find you attractive, I worry about you--sometimes. There." He sat back, legs crossed, head held high. "I think that encompasses everything I've had on my mind of late."
    Deanna Arrakis
    Deanna Arrakis
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Deanna Arrakis Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:40 pm

Denna could hardly believe what she was hearing. Yes, it was true that she was seeing Trevor more in her visions, but she assumed that was because she had grown more preoccupied with the librarian.

“Trevor,” she began. “I feel I have been unfair in my judgment of the situation. For that, I apologize to you.” She sighed and peered deeply into his eyes. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched… but are felt in the heart.”

She smiled across the table at him and placed her hands in her lap. “I can see that was very difficult for you—and now for a confession of my own. You never did ask me why it is you keep popping up in my visions.”
    Trevor Parkman
    Trevor Parkman
    Librarian

Post  Trevor Parkman Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:45 pm

That is a good question, he thought. However, I've been so caught up in my own mental torture...

Though he hoped against hope that he was going to hear what he wanted to hear, Trevor was also of a mind that if he dd hear what he wanted to hear, things were headed in a direction that might be, at best, even more than staying silent.

But he moved onward. "Please, Deanna," he said, prompting her. "Why have I been in your thoughts?"
    Deanna Arrakis
    Deanna Arrakis
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Deanna Arrakis Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:56 pm

Denna raised her eyebrows and flashed a smile. “I’m certain we both know the answer to that, Trevor. One does not need to be a seer in order to understand a man; one simply needs to be a woman.”

She glanced around the room before filling the silence. “I will admit that the start of the school year has caught me in a familiar situation. Though, this time, things are considerably more complicated.” She leaned across the table, narrowing the gap between them.

“Trevor, how can one simply be friends with someone—when every moment you look at them, you are thinking about how much more you really want?”
    Trevor Parkman
    Trevor Parkman
    Librarian

Post  Trevor Parkman Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:03 am

And I thought the first part of the conversation was uncomfortable... Trevor had no idea how to respond. Well, he did, but--he didn't. At least not socially. From an academic study standpoint, yes, responding was easy.

It was obvious they were far beyond study at this juncture--

"I confess I've imagined that as well," Trevor said. "I must also confess--I have no idea where to go now that all the confessions have been made and it's all open to us."

He refilled his marvelous tea. "What would be next, Deanna, for... us?"
    Deanna Arrakis
    Deanna Arrakis
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Deanna Arrakis Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:59 am

“I’ve made you uncomfortable.” Denna sat back in her chair, perplexed at the situation they had gotten themselves into.

“I have already seen parts of our future, Trevor. Perhaps that allows me to be too familiar. Again, I must apologize. This is a very unusual situation for me.

“Obviously, you understand my situation. A woman of my nature would have…difficulties, which other women would not.” She gazed at him, wondering if what she had really seen was even possible.

“You must understand the magnitude of the choice I have been weighing the past few months. It has not been an easy time and tonight…when you came to me while I was meditating,” Denna smiled at the memory. “I had to know if you were frightened of me and I should put these silly notions out of my head—or if I had hope to dream that one day, my visions might be a reality.”
    Trevor Parkman
    Trevor Parkman
    Librarian

Post  Trevor Parkman Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:13 am

"I'm not uncomfortable," Trevor told Deanna. "On the contrary, I'm actually quite relaxed now that this is all out in the open. But I do understand--at least I believe I understand--some of the... social and religious issues that would..." Again Trevor looked for the correct word. "Surround us."

He had to resist the urge to pat Deanna on the knee; he knew that it would be entirely improper, and would embarrass her greatly. "However you see things, I will leave to you. I don't know if I want to know your visions--not right this moment." Trevor thought for a moment. What did he want to know? He was curious, but... "I wonder--if I would ever see anything of a future between us?"
    Deanna Arrakis
    Deanna Arrakis
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Deanna Arrakis Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:25 am

Denna’s eyes sparkled as he talked of shared futures. She sensed his hesitation, but felt it important to stress one thing. “Indeed, Trevor. If we are to have a future…one of us must yield.”
    Trevor Parkman
    Trevor Parkman
    Librarian

Post  Trevor Parkman Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:35 am

Trevor nodded. "Yes, that much I do understand." This had been his biggest concern. His family, though wizarding, had followed along with much of Muggle England and were Church of England Protestant. He himself had been raised as such, but somewhere along the line--about 3rd Year at Hogwarts--he'd stopped worship. Not so much do to a lack of belief, as much as it was simply a lack of time and interest.

"This is going to..." He didn't want to say "Interesting", because, frankly, it wasn't. It was actually a very difficult matter to go around. There is no going around it, he thought. You have to face it and reconcile.

But who does?

"I would say, if possible, we should allow things to progress naturally." Though I have no damn idea what that means. "Maybe you could help me with meditation to perhaps let me see something. I could read up on... oh, damn." He chuckled. "I can't look at the divination books--" He shot a glace over to Kerry and Annie. "We have a new Master of Divination in the making who's taken them all."
    Deanna Arrakis
    Deanna Arrakis
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Deanna Arrakis Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:46 am

Denna laughed, knowing her new young friends had checked out every book on Divination in the library.

“Perhaps,” she smiled, “If you would not be opposed to it, I could lend you a few books from my own personal library. I would be happy to drop them off in the library, of course.”
    Trevor Parkman
    Trevor Parkman
    Librarian

Post  Trevor Parkman Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:16 am

He was supremely curious now, since Deanna was offering texts from her private collection, and Trevor knew that was liable to include some varied works. What does a divinationist read? he wondered. He knew he was going to find out.

"I would love that, Deanna." He softened his face a touch; he was worried he may have instantly adopted his, "Oh, new books!" appearance the moment she'd offered to loan him a copy or two. "It would also give me a glimmer of insight into your being, so to speak." Trevor shifted in his seat as he reminded himself not to act so genteel--particularly with Deanna. "You can learn a great deal about a person by examining what they read."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 am