The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!
The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

TRIAGE AREA

Coraline Gallagher
    Head Nurse

Character Age : 39

Re: TRIAGE AREA

Post  Coraline Gallagher on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:28 pm

Coraline came in and gave Emma a bit of potion with a piece of chocolate, because as it had been shown, chocolate did seem to relax people after an encounter with a Dementor. Emma had been crying a little when she’d returned; that’s to be expected, Coraline thought. I’d do more than cry if I’d encountered a Dementor.

She was about to move Emma to the hospital infirmary when there was a sudden flurry of activity in the triage. The first, and most surprising, was Jessica Kishna and Headmistress Laventure apparating in. Both were dirty and looked tired; there was a little blood on Mathilde face, but no evidence of an injury.

They held someone between them, someone writhing and moaning. It was Madeline Palmescoff. As Coraline rushed over to the group she saw Madeline was in intense pain; she was clutching her stomach and her face was covered with a light sheen of sweat. “What the hell happened?” she asked first, her duty as Head Nurse taking over from wanting to know when they’d returned.

“Cursed bad,” Jessica said as Mathilde and she helped Madeline to a gurney. “In the woods by the Dark Arts House. She…” Jessica’s words trailed off as Madeline tore at her breast, screaming.

“Oh, lord,” Coraline said as she ran her wand over Madeline’s body. “This is tearing her up!” Coraline called to one of her aids to bring her a potion. As soon as they handed it to her she began administering it as well as she could, as Madeline was having difficulty swallowing. “Maddy, you have to drink!” She turned to the Jessica and Mathilde. “When did this happen?”

“About five minutes ago,” Jessica said. “I was right by her when she was hit. I apparated out with her, but didn’t get it right and… we almost got caught again….”

And then came the second surprised.

Victoria and Isis both apparated in, sans brooms. They too held someone in flying gear between them, but they were careful how they held their charge because, as it was evident to Coraline, the person had something wrong with right shoulder.

Coraline motioned to the women. “Put him over there!” she yelled, pointing to a gurney next to Emma. She told Jessica and Mathilde, “Be right back.” Coraline trotted over to where the injured lay and saw, with a bit of a shock, it was Kerry Mabiley. Coraline quickly ran her wand over him, too. “He’s got a dislocated shoulder and a broken collarbone,” she said. It was then she noticed the spray of blood and flecks of… Coraline picked off a piece and examined the goo, then flicked it off her hand in disgust. “What the hell?” She turned to Victoria. “What the hell happened to him?
    Jessica Kishna
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 46

Post  Jessica Kishna on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:52 pm

"He hit someone," Jessica said. The area turned quiet except for Madeline's moaning. "A Death Eater popped up trying to get Maddy and I and he apparated right in front of Kerry's broom, and..." Jessica smacked her hands together. "He got the guy right about here--" She placed her fingers at her jawline. "So you can probably figure out what that is on him."
    Coraline Gallagher
    Head Nurse

Character Age : 39

Post  Coraline Gallagher on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:31 pm

Coraline didn't have time to hear more. Triage is triage, and I've a more important patent, she thought. Pointing her wand at Kerry's shoulder she said, "Episkey" and there was a loud pop! as his shoulder reset into the socket.

"Okay, get him down to the hospital for the collarbone," she said, then pointed to Annie and Willow. "You two, push him down there and tell the orderly on duty what he needs." Coraline snapped at Emma, "You can go too, Emma. You're okay to walk--and if you want, help push."

Coraline clapped her hands quickly twice. "Move it, ladies!" she said sharply before turning back to Madeline--
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 17

Post  Annie Krum on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:13 pm

Annie watched in horror as Professor Palmescoff howled in agony. There really wasn’t much for Annie to do beside hang back and let Nurse Coraline do her thing. She listened to the exchange between the professors and the nurse, when three more people apparated in—two professors and a student; and that student was Kerry.

Her feet wouldn’t move as she watched the activity; her stomach turning as they ticked off a short list of things wrong with him. At least it’s all fixable, she though as her mind wandered to the kid that was spending his time cooling in the morgue.

Her jaw dropped when Professor Kishna described Kerry's encounter with the Death Eater. Annie had seen many amazing things done on a broom; decapitation was never one of them.

She jumped when Coraline clapped her hands. Silently, she moved—the blood draining from her face as she neared him. Once behind Kerry’s cot, she felt movement on either side. Willow brushed up against her right; Emma on her left. She found it impossible to speak. Her mouth was malfunctioning, as useless as Ellen’s after she’d been hit with silencio.

Instead, she studied Kerry, his damaged body sprawled out on the cot. Freeing him of his goggles and leather pilot’s helmet, a shiver ran down her spine as she saw his face. Caked in bits of brain, blood, and earth, she ran her fingers delicately through his matted hair and bent over to kiss his forehead.

“Let’s get him to the hospital,” she whispered, standing up and glancing at both girls. Without a sound, the trio pushed side by side until they reached the hospital and gave their orders.

Handing him over to the orderly, Annie took a seat. She ran a finger over the leather of his helmet and wondered how much he would remember.

Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:30 pm

Kerry woke up and looked around. Hospital . . . again. I should just move out of the Coven Tower and get a bed here, he thought. His shoulders both hurt--then again, most of his body felt like a huge bruise.

I hit that guy, he thought, and then started to wonder if he'd hit one of their people. The images were fuzzy; it all happened so fast that he wasn't sure who was there. At least I'm in one piece.

Kerry then wondered: if I'm in the hospital, is Annie around? Where is she? He was about to call for someone when an man who obviously wasn't with the hospital staff--the fact he wearing a jacket and had his wand at ready was probably the clue--walked up to the bed--
    Matthias Ellison
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 42

Post  Matthias Ellison on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:34 pm

3:52 PM

Matthias almost held out his hand to shake Kerry's, then realized why he was here. "I'm Professor Ellison," he said. "Wanted to see how you were doing." Matthias gave Kerry a quick appraisal. "I need to get back on patrol, but I think... If you're up for visitors, I'll let them know you're awake."

He stepped back and turned to his left, heading down the hall--
    Matthias Ellison
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Matthias Ellison on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:06 pm

He only needed to pass a half dozen beds before getting to the area where the girls--Willow, Annie and Emma--were sitting. He affixed his gaze on Annie. "Hi, I'm Professor Ellison," he said with as much charm as he could muster. "Deanna wanted me to find you. She said you might want to... 'check up' on Kerry, and I'm here to tell you he's awake."

Matthias stepped back and pointed down the aisle. "Just down on the left, seventh or so bed."
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:15 pm

Annie gazed down the aisle Professor Ellison pointed out and stood, wringing his helmet in her hands. “He’s awake?” she asked, feeling numb. I must be dreaming… This is just one awful nightmare.

She looked up at the professor. “Is he…alright?”
    Matthias Ellison
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Matthias Ellison on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:19 pm

"He looks fine... Annie." Matthias was a little uncomfortable being on a first-name basis with a student he'd never met, but Deanna had told him not to be formal. "He's half sitting up--" He nodded down the hall. "Go on, you'll see."
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:42 pm

Annie took a deep breath and thanked the professor. She concentrated on putting one foot in front of the other, and finding her way to the end of Kerry’s bed.

Finally, she saw him…propped up and glorious. Placing his helmet on the foot of his bed, Annie remained where she was, unable to move further, and gazed into his eyes. It was simpler to think about his being there because of some horrible quidditch accident instead of dwelling on the reality of their reunion.

“I…” She breathed deeply, willing herself not to lose it in front of him. “I was frightened I’d lost you, Kerry.”
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:48 pm

Kerry grinned the moment he saw Annie step around the corner. He saw the conflict on her face and heard the tremor in her voice. "Hey, you're hear. And still as good as you looked this morning." He grinned broadly, sitting up even more. "I'm okay," he said finally with a little wincing. "Why did you think you lost me? What did you hear?"

He got a far away look on his face as he remembered something. "Do you know if they found Emma?" Kerry watched Annie's face for signs of acknowledgement. "Did they bring her in?"
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:12 pm

"Of course I'm here. They wouldn't be able to keep me away from this place if they tried, Kerry." She grinned at him, while the soothing sound of his luscious voice enveloped her and flowed through her body. He’s going to be alright. She took a few steps forward and perched on the edge of his bed.

Annie felt her face flush when he mentioned Emma. “Yes,” Annie said, looking down at her hands in her lap. “Emma is here…just outside actually, and she’s fine. Would you like me to go and send her in my place? I think she is as anxious as I was to make sure you are okay.”

Annie stood once more and kissed his forehead. “I love you,” she whispered into his hair.
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:22 pm

Kerry gave Annie a caring, gentle look. "I love you, too, Sweetie." He would have reached out, but moving his arms really hurt his shoulders a great deal.

Something Annie said, though, bothered him. "Now, why would I want you to leave so Emma can be here?" he said softly. "You're my girlfriend; I don't want you to run off when someone else is here." Kerry chuckled. "When Emma and I were doing spells up at the Astronomy Tower I told her the same thing: she knows."

Kerry slowly and, not with a little sign of pain on his face, lifted his hand of his lap and held it out for Annie. "You're not going away, okay. I'd like to see she's doing okay, but we're here--together." He leaned his head forward. "Okay?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:36 pm

“Okay.” She gingerly took his hand and sat back down. “I just thought she might feel more comfortable speaking with you in private.” Annie stroked his fingers, trying not to think about the scrapes and cuts she felt.

“Please don’t be upset…but I wasn’t very nice to her when she arrived. I have no excuse for the way I yelled at her—only that I was desperate for the information she was not giving.” A single tear rounded Annie’s cheek, darkening the pink blouse where it landed.

Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:47 pm

Kerry had a dozen different images going through his head about the way Annie might have been while he'd been gone. He could imagine Emma getting her before he did, and Annie trying to learn anything from her--

"Annie, she was . . ." He was looking for the right words to describe what he saw. "I don't know what she told you, but she got attacked and that thing, that Dementor, it was killing her, I think." Kerry almost shrugged, then remembered how it would feel if he did. "I don't think she could have told you much if she wanted to. Honestly, I didn't even stick around to see if she were alive; I sort of assumed she was."

He was able to give her hand a little squeeze. "You don't have to apologize to me, Sweetie. If you did something to Emma you now regret, you need to make amends with her." He giggled softly. "To be honest, I don't even know how much she remembers." He shuddered. "It was terrible: Like a horror movie come real." He giggled again. "I guess if I knew what the damn thing was I wouldn't have pulled that stunt."
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:07 pm

Annie stared, wide eyed. “Professor Salomon should have warned you, Kerry. It wasn’t fair of her to send you out on patrol without being prepared.

"Dementors are among the foulest creatures that walk this earth. They infest the darkest, filthiest places, they glory in decay and despair, they drain peace, hope, and happiness out of the air around them... If you happen to get too near a Dementor, every good feeling, every happy memory will be sucked out of you.

“If it can, the Dementor will feed on you long enough to reduce you to something like itself...soulless and evil. You will be left with nothing but the worst experiences of your life. That is most likely what happened with Emma."

Annie stopped and shuddered. “You saved her,” she whispered. “She told me that I was lucky…” Annie studied his face as she paused. “And that you promised she wouldn’t,” Annie gulped. “Die.”
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:10 pm

Listening to Annie's monologue about the Dementors Kerry stared at his feet. It felt a little like a small creature was gnawing away at the pit of his stomach. Would I have done something totally stupid if I'd known what a Dementor could do? Kerry wondered. Would I have let Emma die? It was impossible to know now. He supposed if he went back in time and tried to keep himself from doing what he did, he wouldn't change a thing. It was dumb and I could have been killed. But . . . I didn't let someone else die. That's what's important.

"Yeah, I did tell her that," Kerry said softly. "Emma was scared and so was I. I was saying that to myself as much as I was to her." He looked up, a bit of a twinkle in his eye. "I could have never done this six months ago. I've changed a lot." He squeezed Annie's hand. "Six months ago I would have ran. Heck, I wouldn't have been out there in the first place." Kerry stared deep into Annie's eyes. "I don't even know if I would have helped out two weeks ago--" He rolled his eyes. "You know: back there."

Kerry slowly pulled Annie towards him, onto the bed. He kept pulling her slowly, and Annie's face eventually was even with his, her lips touching. He kissed her and held it a very long time; a slow emotion releasing all the stress he'd felt in the last--well, ever since he geared up this morning.

He grinned between their lips. "Yeah . . . I wanted this."
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:41 pm

Annie let him pull her toward him, her senses hyperaware of his bruised and battered body beneath her. She indulged in their kiss, lingering longer than she thought was wise, and when he spoke, she replied, “We cannot be sure of having something to live for,” she leaned back a bit, reaching her hand up to stroke his cheek, and gazed deeply into his eyes. “Unless we are willing to die for it.”

She grazed her lips once more against his, grateful for each moment she had ever experienced with him…every stolen kiss, every tender touch, and every spoken declaration.
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:49 pm

Kerry wanted to hold Annie close, but knew if he did it was gonna hurt. "Okay, I don't know what's next," he said. "I don't know if you need to get back to work or not. And maybe I need to say hi to Emma." He grinned sheepishly. "I'd like you to stay, but if you don't want to--I got it."
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:06 pm

Leaning back, Annie said, “Professor Palmescoff got hit pretty badly with a curse. She was brought in right before you.” She rose from the bed, accepting what it was Kerry desired.

“I should get back to the triage and let your…other visitor, have some time with you before the orderly chases everyone out.” She smoothed his hair and kissed him once more. “I’ll be back later, moite smeli prints.”

She hurried out and rejoined Willow and Emma. “Care to escort me back to the triage, Willow?” She glanced over at Emma. “I think Emma and Kerry have some catching up to do.”

With that, Annie strolled out of the hospital, chatting with Willow about things she would never recall later.

OOC: Translation for those who are lazy and don't want to look it up: my brave prince.
    Holoč Semplen
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 38

Post  Holoč Semplen on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:21 pm

4:07 PM

Holoč had just finished getting his few wounds touched up when Annie and Willow Chapman from the Bloeddewedd Coven walked through the door. "Annie, Willow, over here," he called. Once they were before him he gave them an update.

"I can't say for sure, but things may be under control. The Headmistress just conferred with Professors Arrakis and Ellison and ordered everyone out of the dungeons and into the towers." He sighed. "It's a good sign."

He placed a hand on Willow's shoulder. "We don't know about Professor Palmescoff yet. Coraline took her up to the ICU and... They're trying something. Professor Sladen and Professor Lovecraft are trying to modify a Living Death draught so they can put Maddy in a coma..." He shrugged. "I can't say yet, but Erywin and Coraline seem to think this could work.

"Anyway, right now--" He pointed to the triage area where there were four people getting treated sat or lay. "We're cleaning everyone up."
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:28 pm

Annie watched Willow scurry off to pitch in. Before doing the same, she decided to ask the question that was turning around in her head since leaving the hospital. “Professor,” she said, “I was wondering if I might as you a question…about Kerry.”

She took a deep breath and continued. “He seemed awfully…Well; he wasn’t at all bothered that…” Okay, he thinks you’re insane. Get a grip and get it out.

Annie laughed—the hollow sound falling flat in the busy room. “I overheard what Professor Kishna said when they brought him here to the triage. He was covered in bits of brain and spatters of blood. I don’t think he remembers what happened because he asked me what I’d heard, and I changed the subject.

“What I’m wondering is how I might be able to help him…when and if he does remember?”
    Holoč Semplen
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Holoč Semplen on Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:54 pm

Holoč had only gotten a few bits here and there about the "broom strike" and wasn't certain how he should answer Annie's question.

"I'm going to say if he doesn't seem to remember what happened, he might have a bit of shock." Holoč took Annie's hand and led her over towards the bookshelves and some privacy. "I understand he has a slight concussion, or so Jessica said, so it's very possible he has a little memory loss.

"I would say, though, that if you want to help him--" Holoč gave her shoulder a fatherly pat. "I think you know that being there for him is really the best. I don't know if you can do anything for him beyond that, Annie." Looking back at the few people being treated in the middle of the library, Holoč said, "Coraline should be back soon. She's in the process of getting Maddy--Professor Palmescoff--stabilized." He shook his head. "Sad business, all this."
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:46 pm

Annie nodded. “Yes, Professor,” she said. “It is very sad indeed. I didn’t realize it would be quite this terrifying. I have been writing our events down, but tonight…I think I want to forget.”

She looked up at Holoc and smiled. “I miss my papa, Professor. I thought I would be fine without him; that it wouldn’t be a big deal and I could stand on my own feet for a change…but I haven’t done a great job at that.”
    Holoč Semplen
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Holoč Semplen on Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:58 pm

Holoč looked down and stared at Annie over the rims of his glasses. "It's a bad day, but the last 30, 40 years is seems it has been bad for all us everywhere."

He put his arm around Annie's shoulders. "Understand, you're been through this day twice now. It's bad enough being locked up and terrified by everything around you, but now--you had to do it again, here." He thought about what his daughter would feel were she in the save position. "Your father... he would say you did all that you could given what you could do, Annie."

He turned on as bright a smile as he could muster. "In a few days you can explain to him how, this time, you stood with other and helped us--helped your school."

Just then Nurse Coraline walked back into the library. "Ah, Coraline's back--and she's not looking as grim." Holoč sighed, releasing Annie. "That's far better than the alternative."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:14 pm