The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!
The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

TRIAGE AREA

Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 18

Re: TRIAGE AREA

Post  Annie Krum on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:23 pm

Annie sat quietly, holding Willow's hand. I wonder if she'd have been as forgiving if the roles were reversed, she thought.

She scanned the empty beds, relieved that no one had been rushed in and also afraid that someone might be at any moment.

"I wonder how the rest of the students are dealing with all of these spells," she said, but really she was only thinking about one other student in particular. She had no doubts Kerry would do well with these spells. Her heart ached that they had to be apart, and just like that she was furious.

Her rage centered in her stomach and radiated outward, filling her entire being. "This is so unfair, Willow. We have only just begun our school year. We shouldn't be pushed to these extremes."
    Willow Chapman
    2nd Year Student
    2nd Year Student

Post  Willow Chapman on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:32 pm

Willow took in the last comment and did her best to smile. "My mom told me some stories about when she was goin' to school here during the War," she said. It wasn't necessary to say what the War was--everyone knew. "She said most of the time they had the shield up day and night, and even then they'd get Death Eaters in and do stuff and they'd have to get patrols out to get them--"

She debated continuing, then figured there was no harm. "She said there were a couple of really bad situations where students got kidnapped and tortured and even killed. Someone would vanish and they'd find them a couple of days later in the woods..." Willow didn't go into details, mostly because she was only saying what her mother had told her, and there were none.

"The one thing my mom said, though, is that they just went on like it was no big deal. I asked her, 'How could you do that?' and she told, 'Baby, a witch's life ain't supposed to be all spells and potions'." Willow squeezed Annie's hand. "We get this gift, this power, and I think... I think we just gotta learn to deal with the bad stuff so we can totally enjoy the good."
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:56 pm

Annie was tired of dealing with the bad stuff to get to the good. Patience was a new emotion for her and trying to rationalize why they were stuck in this library flinging dangerous spells across the room at each other made her head ache.

She lifted her legs and swung them behind Willow, lying down on the cot to close her eyes. She knew Willow was only trying to make her feel better, but she only succeeded in making things that much more difficult for Annie to deal with. She couldn’t help but feel like she had made the wrong decision by choosing to help out Nurse Coraline.

Willow said that in the last war students had been kidnapped and tortured…even killed. She said that kids would vanish and they'd find them a couple of days later in the woods...

She sat up, her head spinning, and hopped off the cot. “I’ll be right back,” she whispered and ran to find Nurse Coraline.
    Coraline Gallagher
    Head Nurse

Character Age : 39

Post  Coraline Gallagher on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:14 pm

Coraline feared this would happen…and she was ready. Actually, she was shocked it took Annie this long to break down. She was sure that after seeing the flyers race by the hospital window… She hugged the frantic girl, shushing her and smoothing her hair.

“Shhh, Annie. It’s going to be fine. Really, it will all be okay.” She tried to reassure Annie without resorting to a draught. When she was sure that Annie had calmed down enough, she walked her to a cot and closed it off with the fabric partitions.

Coraline sat Annie down and took her vitals. Her heart rate was elevated and her color was frantic—as if she had just finished jogging up ten flights of steps.

“Now," she handed Annie a tissue. "What was that all about,” she smiled, knowing full well what was running through the girls head.
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:40 pm

Annie wiped her tears and blew her nose. “I’m s-s-sorry,” she wept. “I don’t know what happened. I was chatting with Willow, and she mentioned something about the last war,” Annie sighed deeply.

“I know it’s childish but I couldn’t help thinking about Kerry out there. He’s only a first year and he’s only just started learning about all of this--our world, Death Eaters, Killing Curses... What if he gets in trouble… What if he…”

Annie felt a second wave of tears come and fought them back. “It’s silly,” she whispered, dabbing at her eyes. She managed a weak smile.
    Coraline Gallagher
    Head Nurse

Character Age : 39

Post  Coraline Gallagher on Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:05 pm

Coraline sat on the cot next to Annie and hugged her close, kissing the top of her head. “It’s not silly, Annie. It’s love.”

She let go and pulled another tissue free from her pocket as a thought occurred to her. “The man's desire is for the woman; but the woman's desire is rarely other than for the desire of the man.” Coraline laughed and stood.

“Annie, Kerry will be fine. Victoria will fiercely look after him. You have to pull yourself together and get back to work.

"I do not want to worry you, but a very serious issue has presented itself at our school. The war was not something pleasant,” she took a deep breath. “But its better that everyone is as prepared as they can be for whatever might be coming.”

She gently took Annie's hand in her own and waved away the partitions. “Let’s find Willow and get you two back to work.”
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:49 pm

Annie dried her eyes and let Coraline lead her back to Willow. "Hi," she said. "How are you feeling?"
    Willow Chapman
    2nd Year Student
    2nd Year Student

Post  Willow Chapman on Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:58 am

Rubbing her eyes, Willow said, "I can see now, so it's all good." She chortled as she slid off the cot to the floor. "Time to sit, time to think--"

She grinned in a self-knowing way. "We can go back to making sure everything's in place before we go back to beating on each other." She pointed to where a couple of girls seemed to be nursing wounds. "I think those two decided to see how much of a hurt they could put on each other." He twirled her index finger around her side of her forehead. "Totally whacked. I mean--save the pain for the Death Eaters, right?" Willow giggled loudly, not caring if she were overheard.
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:29 pm

"Sure, Willow," Annie agreed, looking over at the other side of the huge library where the others were still hard at work. Well, actually they look quite ridiculous. She rolled her eyes and giggled along with her new friend.

Annie knew the worst was yet to come and she couldn’t shake the feeling that she belonged with Kerry. The realization that she had no idea where he was right at that moment on the school grounds caused her heart to ache. She hung her head; her shoulders slumped forward as she folded her arms across her body—gripping her upper arms with her hands.

“Let’s go do something mindless before I have a chance to think too much.”
    Ella Farrell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 17

Post  Ella Farrell on Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:11 pm

Ellen started joining in with the group.

Better follow in with Anna's advice, right? Girl's got a point. I make wrong moves all the time.

"Hey Annie!" Ellen chimmed in. "Willow." She nodded her head towards Willow. "So, besides Death Eaters hows it going?"
    Ella Farrell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Ella Farrell on Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:31 pm

"Ready, Annie?" she asked her partener. She smiled. "It was real nice of you to practice with me. I'll try not to blow up any doors."

She grabbed her wand out of her pocket. "Let's start with something easy. Locomotor Mortis possibly? Okay."

She smiled. "I'll try my best. Locomotor Mortis!"

Effect:
    Ella Farrell carried out 1 launched of one (D100.) :

Hit Phase:
    Ella Farrell carried out 1 launched of one (D100.) :
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:56 pm

Annie took her place against Ellen. She felt guilty for switching up partners, but Willow didn't seem too upset so she readied her wand and waited. As Ellen tried her spell, Annie countered.

"Silencio!"

Effect

Attack
    Ella Farrell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Ella Farrell on Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:02 pm

Ellen studied her wand's woodwork for a moment. "Locomotor Mortis!"

Effect:

Attack:
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:14 pm

Annie felt her energy fading. She had already been through a long morning of dueling with Willow, and then a break down just a few minutes before. Her mind was wheeling. I'll never get these to work...

But she wasn't about to give up. She raised her wand and let the spell fly once again.

"Silencio!"

EFFECT:
    Annie Krum carried out 1 launched of one (D100.) :
    Annie Krum carried out 1 launched of one (D10.) :

ATTACK:
    Ella Farrell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Ella Farrell on Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:16 pm

Ellen smiled.

She's not half bad...

"Locomotor Mortis!" She raised her voice.

Attack:

Effect:
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:19 pm

Annie was really struggling to pull this off. When Ellen sent her spell, she adjusted her stance and raised her wand a bit higher.

Once more and then I'll switch it up. "Silencio!"

Attack:

Effect:
    Ella Farrell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Ella Farrell on Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Ellen smiled more than ever.

Not bad... Not bad... Now can she undo it?
    GM Emma
    The Institute GM
    The Institute GM

Post  GM Emma on Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:31 pm

Let me give you a rundown of what you've done so you can keep score.

Annie has done:

Spell Number of tries Number of successes (90+)Number of base tries left Successes remaining
    Silencio 53 (1) 0 *
    Expelliarmus2 1 (1)4 4
    Impedimenta2 1 4 4
    Protego1 1 4 4
    Obscuro 40 6 8

* = Got it; no need for further effect rolls.

And Willow:

Spell Number of tries Number of successes (90+)Number of base tries left Successes remaining
    Langlock21 3 2
    Silencio 20 2 2
    Expelliarmus31 (1) 3 4
    Impedimenta2 1 (1)4 4
    Protego1 0 5 5
    Obscuro 10 9 8
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:54 pm

Annie paced back and forth, waiting for Ellen to get her voice back. She tapped the end of her wand in her palm and scanned each cot in the triage center. No one has arrived. I guess that means all is well...

She knew her heart wasn't in the duel, and it was all because there had been silence since they’d arrived at the library. No news from the outside as to what might be going on made her on edge.

After a few minutes, she took her stance and glanced over at Ellen. "Ready yet?"
    Ella Farrell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Ella Farrell on Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:59 pm

She cleared her throat loudly a couple of times, unsure of her voice. "Pretty good, Krum," she said.

Little witch, she thought. Lets see how you handle this.

Ellen nodded. "Of course I'm... Langlock!!!" she yelled, thrusting the point of her wand onward--

Effects:

Attack:
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:07 pm

Annie was ready. She whipped her wand high, wanting in the worst way to pull off just one attack. Calm...breathe...GO!

"Obscuro!"

Effect:

Attack:
    Ella Farrell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Ella Farrell on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:11 pm

Suddenly it was all fuzzy, then fuzzier, then it was like Ellen was looking through thick gauze. "Argh!" she yelled. "You damn witch!" Ellen's mind spun, realizing she couldn't see. She hated being bested; she couldn't be, she couldn't! She was too good for that.

She turned in the direction Annie had stood and lashed her next spell out. "Expelliarmus!"

Effects:

Attack:
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:19 pm

Annie felt her spell rip from her wand and was stunned to see it hit, blinding Ellen the second it did. Before she could ask if they should take a break, Ellen was cursing and shooting another spell her way. She thought it might be a good idea to knock her wand away, forcing a time-out.

She whipped her wand around her side and yelled, "Expelliarmus!"

Effect:

Attack:
    Ella Farrell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Ella Farrell on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:23 pm

Ellen heard Annie counter her spell and when the wand didn't rip from her hand she grinned. Never leave me with a wand! she thought, then figured she had nothing to lose in returning Annie's medicine.

She laughed as she yelled, "Obscuro!"

Effect:

Attack:
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:31 pm

Annie was starting to think Ellen had some sort of vengeance against her and was desperate to get her wand away from her. Maybe she's ticked off over the Madness? She didn't have long to think because Ellen was shooting off another attack. Annie raised her wand, gripping it firmly and yelled once again, "Expelliarmus!"

Effect:

Attack:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:35 pm