The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

+2
Kerry Malibey
Annie Krum
6 posters

Madness til Midnight

Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

Madness til Midnight - Page 3 Empty Re: Madness til Midnight

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:58 pm

Lina wasn't really paying attention to what was going on. She kind of zoned out about 5 minutes ago when they started to talk about flying and Quidditch. She decided to look around the room and occasionally looked back towards them. It wasn't until Annie spoke to her that she came to her senses. Smiling shyly, Lina apologized, "I'm sorry, my mind was miles away. What did you say?"

Annie repeated what she said again. "Oh, um, I'll most likely get used to flying first before I even think about buying my own broom. Now, it kind of depends on how quickly I get used to flying, or if my dad buy one for me for Christmas or New Years; he does that a lot."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 24

Post  Annie Krum Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:14 pm

Annie smiled. The holidays… She hadn’t thought about that yet--or the huge hole that would probably accompany them this year. She snuggled closer to Kerry and glanced at the table, noticing all the cookies were gone.

“Hmm, looks like we need a new snack to nibble. Anyone have any ideas?”
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:19 pm

Kerry was thinking that maybe they should try something like . . . "How about flaming Greek cheese?" he said. "I love that stuff."

Then he was struck with inspiration. "Lina, what's that stuff that looks like fish with bean paste in it?"
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:33 pm

Lina looked at Kerry like he was crazy. What in the world is he talking about? she thought. She went through the list of different foods that meet that description from her dad's side of the family, then went to her mother's side. The only thing I can think of is that, but does he really know what that is? "Kerry, are you talking about taiyaki? It's like a pancake with filling and happens to be in a shape of a fish. If it is, I have to ask, have you ever eaten red bean paste? It really doesn't taste that good."
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:47 pm

Kerry clapped his hands. "Yeah, that's it!" he said, exclaiming for all to hear. "Yeah, I've eaten it; what, gaijin can't handle red bean paste?" He gave Lina a disapproving stare. "I saw them in Episode 4 of Bannō Bunka Nekomusume--they were a favorite of Natsume Atsuko, you know? So I tried them after that--and liked them."

He gave Lina a sweet smile. "I grew up outside San Francisco before I turned bloody Welsh. There's very little Asian I haven't tried." He looked around the table. "You can get them in an ice cream version, too."
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:04 pm

Lina smiled at Kerry, Oh my, he really is an Otaku. "My dad and I are the only ones that don't like red bean paste, so my mom always makes taiyaki with either custard or chocolate. I do have to admit, taiyaki with chocolate filling is my favorite. heehee, for a second there, I thought you were going to say Kanon cause, you know, it's part of the series. Anyway, I heard that San Francisco has a Japan Town there, is that true? I haven't been there, so it's interesting to learn about other places."

Lina gave some thought into it and asked, "Then have you ever eaten okonomiyaki, hako-zushi, tessa, or takoyaki? They happen to be my grandparent's specialty, since, well, they're from Osaka." She leaned in closer so that only the four of them could hear, "My mom doesn't make it as good as my grandparents though."
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:11 pm

It was Kerry's turn to smile broadly. "Oh, we used to go into the Japanese part of San Fran a lot," he said. "The summer after I turned 7 I used to go into ILM a couple of times a week with my dad, and for lunch he and mom and me we'd go into J-Town 'cause it was like right next door."

Then Kerry laughed and said in a lowered voice, "Lina, you do know that chocolate is the sign of a Death Eater, right?"
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:19 pm

The look on Lina's face was priceless. Her eyes widen in fear at what Kerry just said. "I'm not a Death Eater! And how can chocolate be a sign of being a Death Eater? I mean, a lot of people like chocolate, right? Just because I like it doesn't mean I'll be come one, right?" Lina started to talk faster and faster, and she began to revert to Japanese. Although everyone around her didn't know what she was saying, it was clear that she was freaking out that she would become a Death Eater by liking chocolate.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:25 pm

Kerry didn't realize his joke was going to freak Lina out. "L-chan!" he snapped, trying to calm her down. "I was just joking! Lighten up!"

As things began to return to normal, Kerry hugged Annie and said, "That's sort of a joke. When we had the attack Monday, they found out that a lot of the Death Eaters at Hogwarts were chocolate junkies or something; turned out they were always eating it." He kisses Annie's lovely hair. "So it's sort of a joke with Annie and I." He shrugged. "Sort of."
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:29 pm

"It would have been nice to know that before you joked about it," Lina said with a bit of anger in her voice. Although that did make her mad, she tried not to let it get to her.

Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:31 pm

"If I told you that first," Kerry said, smiling, "then it wouldn't be much of a joke, would it?"
    Emmalene Neilson
    Emmalene Neilson
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Emmalene Neilson Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:35 pm

There was something Kerry said that didn't make sense. "Kerry, how do you know that about Death Eaters at Hogwarts? The Ministry didn't report anything like that." Emma was wondering if he was now having visions--or could it be Annie? Sometimes these two are so weird!
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:38 pm

"Yes, but inside jokes that are really known by a few people, in this case you and Annie, aren't as funny to those who don't know about it, like Emma and myself." Lina, completely stoned face, but obviously a bit angry, muttered back at him.

Listening to what Emma said, Lina agreed, "that's right, how exactly do you know about that?"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:50 pm

Annie couldn't help but smile. Their shared secret was amusing, but she sympathized with Lina. "Hey," she said, reaching out and touching Lina's knee. "It really was just a joke. Don't get upset."

She sat back and rested her head on Kerry's shoulder. This night is going to take a lot of effort to end on a high note.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:06 pm

Well, we're past the 14th so this should be okay . . . Kerry waited while he collected his thoughts, then said, softly, "Annie and I were accepted into Hogwarts and we were sorted into House Hufflepuff--on 1 September. We were at classes all that week--which totally sucked, let me tell you--and then . . .."

He really didn't know how else to put it. "We were in class when the Death Eaters attacked, and we were sent to the Hufflepuff Commons and were locked up. When everything was over, we evacuated Hogwarts and headed back to London by train.

"And then . . ." Okay, kids, this is where it gets tricky. "Professor Lovecraft was the Potions Mistress at Hogwarts, and she told Annie and I that she was taking the position of Dark Arts instructor here and we had a choice: we could wait for Hogwarts to reopen--'cause right now it's closed and they're saying it might not open until the end of the month--or we could get sent to another school, or . . ."

Kerry waved his hand over his head, pointing out the room. "We could come with her. And we could do it without missing class." He sipped the cocoa. "We left London the night of the 14th, and Professor Lovecraft used some . . . time twisting thing when we apperated. So--"

He shrugged. "We and a couple of other kids time traveled back to the 1st so we could get sorted into our Coven. And until the 15th we weren't allowed to have access to anything outside the Institute, meaning we couldn't speak to our parents, because it would cause a paradox."

Kerry got a bit more comfortable on the sofa, getting the pillows under him. "Professor Lovecraft said something on the train back from Hogwarts about them liking chocolate. That's how we know."
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:29 pm

Lina looked suspiciously at Kerry, this can't possibly be true; it sounds like he put random parts of different anime together to come up with that story.

She looked over at Annie before she speaking up, "Is what he said true?"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:37 pm

Annie sat and looked deeply into Lina's eyes before answering. "I wish it were untrue, Lina." She took Kerry's hand and tangled her fingers with his.

"But everything he has told you is true. We were evacuated out of Hogwarts and used a time turner to begin school here...knowing all the time what was about to take place, but not how terrible the outcome would really be."

Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:43 pm

Lina soften up a bit. She felt bad that the two of them had to go through the same horrible day twice, in two different places. "So, do your parents now know that you're in the States? Or do they still think you're somewhere in Scotland or some other school in Europe?" Lina directed towards the two of them.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:47 pm

Kerry nodded. "I finally sent a letter off to my folks saying I'm here. Not that they really care . . .." He tried not to sound too bitter, but wasn't having any luck.

He thought a little about what he'd told Lina about how they came here, and said, "It's strange; when I was in the air with Emma, Annie and I were also in the Hufflepull Commons. And . . ." He looked over to where the instructors were sitting with the Headmistress. "Professor Lovecraft was in Hogwarts twice, at the same time."

He shook his head. "I can't imagine the sort of stuff she had to watch for . . . then again, she'd already know where she was, so going elsewhere might not have been that difficult."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:49 pm

Annie knew the subject of his parents was a painful one. She rubbed his arm with her free hand and winked at him.

"My parents know I am in America with Kerry. The day the owl restriction was lifted, my father's owl came to find me in my dorm room with a letter telling me all was well and that they were happy I was safe...and still with Kerry." She squeezed his hand.

"Actually, my father was thrilled Kerry stayed with me and mentioned something about him looking after me." Annie giggled.

Emmalene Neilson
    Emmalene Neilson
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Emmalene Neilson Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:10 pm

Emma whistled softly before saying, "Guy, believe me: if I had been in your places Monday I'd have freaked! I mean..." She reached for another cookie. "You had to go through that mess twice. I had enough trouble once."

She looked at Annie, and there was something in Emma's eyes; an understanding of sorts. "Now I know why you were so freaked Monday." Emma considered leaning over and giving Annie a hug, then thought that would be too "friendly". She finally reached over and touched Annie's free hand. "Thank you. Thank you for letting me be here with you guys."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:03 am

Annie was touched by the sincerity in Emma's words. "Thank you, Emma--for understanding. I'm really sorry about what happened in the triage.

"Earlier in the day, there was a boy--a Bloeddewedd, who came into the triage and was already gone." She felt the tears start to well up and fought them back. Not tonight, Annie.

"When you came in...without Kerry, I panicked. It wasn't fair of me to push you like that when it wasn't your fault. What happened between you--in the hollow," she glanced at Kerry to make sure he wasn't upset with her for continuing, "before the dementor..." she lowered her gaze, unsure if she could continue.

"Well, I could see how a stressful situation like that might make you do things you may not normally ever dare." Annie fingered her locket, wondering if Kerry would ever forgive her for bringing that up during the Madness.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:08 am

Kerry held onto Annie, holding her close, and knew what she said had been tough. But it's behind us, and . . . and Kerry wondered if Emma was going to freak and run off to the tower.

"I . . . told Annie today," Kerry said. "Out where we hid. I wasn't fair to keep it secret, not now." He grinned sheepishly. "I don't know girls that well, Emma, but I do know Annie." He kissed her again. "That's all I need to know.
    Emmalene Neilson
    Emmalene Neilson
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Emmalene Neilson Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:15 am

She should have felt upset--felt like she'd be ambushed--but Emma didn't. Instead she felt a wave of relief wash over he. She wasn't sorry about what she'd done--twice--and she hadn't been worried about Annie's wrath upon her. She'd been worried about what it would do to Kerry. Because she knew he was a nice guy, and despite what some people may say about them, Annie and Kerry were a cute couple....

"Oh," she said, waving it off. "It's over. Monday's in the past. We're here, and..." Emma didn't want to say it, so she left And we're alive unsaid. "And we're friends. Lets keep it that way." She smiled warmly. "Okay?"
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:25 am

Remembering what Annie did at the shops, from her pocket on her pajama bottoms, she pulled out her new deck of self-shuffling cards. Not too sure if she should bring it up, she slowly tried to bring up the subject of playing cards. She remembered how fun playing cards with Raven, Keith, and even that Ellen girl was, so she thought it would be fun if Kerry, Annie, and Emma would like to learn to play too. It was really funny to see Ellen get all mad when Lina ended up wining and she lost to two people that had never played before. "So, um, I was wondering if you guys like playing card games. I played last week after Herbology with Raven, Keith, and Ellen, so I was wondering if you guys want to play too."

(OOC: That's right, I god-modded me wining the card game that one night, Ellen lost big time!!!)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 pm