The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!
The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

Transfiguration Dungeon: Bye Bye Kitty

Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 17

Transfiguration Dungeon: Bye Bye Kitty

Post  Kerry Malibey on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:07 pm

Since they had plenty of time after Transfiguration class to kill, Kerry thought that hauling a kitten around looking for the right place to turn it invisible was a little ridiculous, and since there was a dungeon under Transfiguration Hall, why not use a spare room--one that was very likely going to be cooler than their classroom.

Unlike the gloomy look of the Charms Dungeon, the Transfiguration Dungeon--while not exactly vibrant with color--was much brighter. Maybe it was the lighting; maybe it was the face that the walls didn't appear to be totally black stone. And it was a lot cooler, though that might have only been an illusion brought on by the absence of heat found in the classroom.

It didn't take long to find an empty room with a door. Kerry ushered Annie and Kitty inside, then shut the door while she set the cage upon the table . . ..
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Re: Transfiguration Dungeon: Bye Bye Kitty

Post  Annie Krum on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:26 pm

Annie thought getting rid of kitty was probably the best idea, but still...she was so cute. The cool air of the dungeon was a relief from the stifling heat of their classroom. Professor Kishna really wants to roast us all slowly, she thought as she set the cage down, along with her bag and jacket, and lifted the top latch.

Reaching her hand in, she scooped up the puffy white thing and held it to her breast. "Isn't she adorable?" She scratched behind the kitty's ears and watched it yawn a thanks.

"It's a shame I need to make it vanish." Annie set the kitten down on the table.
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:16 pm

"Keep in mind they'd un-vanish after class," Kerry said, rubbing the kitten's back. "I'm sure they're not going to stay invisible forever." Kerry snuggled up to Annie. "I wonder if I could make a person invisible," he said in a half-laughing tone.
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:24 pm

Annie giggled and hugged him close, forgetting the kitten was even in the room. "You're not practicing on me, even if you did manage to vanish all three of your kittens."

She leaned back and kissed him, letting her lips linger over his before pulling back. "I watched you with those kittens. You were wonderful."
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:32 pm

Kerry smiled, thinking of Annie's lips. "It just came to me," he said slowly, softly. "Not thinking about it, just doing it and feeling the effect happen." He stared off into a corner of the room for a moment before saying, "Professor Kishna said that last class you have to feel it and want it, and that's what I did this time."

He turned to Annie and his smile was warming, but with a touch of naughtiness. "Today . . . I felt like Transfiguration was the magic for me. It felt right."
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:48 pm

"I think you're right, Kerry," she said, staring down at her last remaining kitty sleeping on the table. "Transfiguration suits you. You have the right head for it. I, on the other hand, had some trouble."

She untangled herself from Kerry and slipped her wand out of her jacket. "It's difficult for me to concentrate on this type of magic. It takes the kind of attention that is beyond me."

Annie stroked the kitten as it dozed on the table. She smiled up at Kerry. "I'm glad you're here with me." She reached out for his hand.
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:57 pm

Kerry took Annie's hand and gave it a loving squeeze. I know where her talent is, he thought, but said nothing. He still remembered their time in the Charms Dungeon, and still imagined that snap! of power for that single moment . . ..

"But, you know, you're gonna do this kitten." He laughed when he realized how that sounded. "I'm betting you zip Mr. Kitty into invisibility in no time."
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:02 pm

She raised her eyebrows and smiled. "If you say so..." She stepped back at stared hard at the kitten.

"Ok, Miss Puff. It's time to vanish. Your friends are waiting for you." She raised her wand and began the tight clockwise motion demonstrated by their professor in class and said, "Evanesco."

Annie Krum carried out 1 launched of one (D100.) :

Annie Krum carried out 1 launched of one (D20.) :
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:05 pm

Kerry stepped up behind Annie and took her arms in his hands. "Relax. Just let it happen. You look like you're trying to force it." He made the twirling motion with her hand using his. "Feel the spell inside and let it out."

He stepped back. "That's how I felt today. You can do it, love."
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:09 pm

Annie closed her eyes as Kerry touched her. Feel the spell. When he stepped away from her, she opened her eyes and took a breath. Her wand seemed to take on a life of itself as she set it in a clockwise twirl.

A faint mew came from the kitten as she sent the spell its way.

""Evanesco."

Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Kerry felt it . . . it was like Annie nearly had it. Not quite, but right there--

"You're ready." He looked at the kitten, scratching its ear. "It's gonna come this time." He stepped back. "Feel it and do it."
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:29 pm

Annie dropped her wand to her side and stared at the defiant cat. "It doesn't want to work," she pouted. The kitten groomed her ears with her teeny paws. But of course, Kerry was right. Feel it...and do it. She adjusted her stance and her wand.

"Ready, Kitty?" Her wand tip circled clockwise as she spoke the incantation, "Evanesco."

Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:51 pm

Annie watched as the kitten vanished. "I did it," she gasped. "Kerry, look!" She stepped over to the table, feeling the smooth top where the cat had been lounging a few moments before.

"I've read so much about how these spells are supposed to work, but watching them in action is something I wasn't prepared for."

She spun around to face him. "I know you are new to all this, and I should be used to magic by now," she smiled and ran her fingers through her hair. "This is something I never expected."
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:58 pm

Touching Annie back, Kerry said, "It's such a staple of sci fi, and it's so cool . . . for some reason, it just speaks to me." Kerry wondered if that was all there was to it, 'cause ever since he got his book list and saw Transfiguration on it and then discovered what it was, he couldn't wait for this class.

It does speak to me, he thought. Or is there something else doing the speaking?

"Anyway, now you should get the kitten up to the professor and we can get lunch--early." He smiled. And maybe a nap in the Commons before Astronomy.
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:58 pm

"Sure," she said and put her wand back into her jacket. Annie slung her bag around her shoulder and her jacket over her arm, then picked up the empty cage.

"Let's go return this to Professor Kishna."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:40 am