The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

2 posters

Dark Potions for Anna

Helena Lovecraft
    Helena Lovecraft
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 55

Dark Potions for Anna Empty Dark Potions for Anna

Post  Helena Lovecraft Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:17 pm

Ah, Anne... I would say sweet, but I'm not one for exaggeration.

You know what to do--or do you?
    Anna Krolence
    Anna Krolence
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 24

Dark Potions for Anna Empty Re: Dark Potions for Anna

Post  Anna Krolence Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:22 pm

Anna wasn't in the mood for snide remarks today. She was already tired of all the phoniness from Lovecraft... Yes, these spells will change you, she thought. Only if you're weak!

And speaking of weak... Never mind. The teacher's pets at the front were going to do well--Anna was certain Lovecraft had seen to that. She looked over her cauldron. I wonder if this one is cursed? Never the mind; she was going to rock this potion and show everyone!

She got through the process and did the first two steps as expected. Everything normal--

My Fabulous Submission Potion #1!
    Anna Krolence carried out 1 launched of one Dark Potions for Anna D100 (D100.) :
    Anna Krolence
    Anna Krolence
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Anna Krolence Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:26 pm

Henbane didn't make any sense for this potion. Who's the idiot who created this? she thought. There were so many other things that could be used that would work so much better. The truth was dark arts weren't as dark as they could be. She knew this because she'd been reading about the dark arts for years and saw so many areas where they could be improved--

Anyway, her potion should turn a pretty yellow any moment now....

My Fabulous Submission Potion #2!
    Anna Krolence carried out 1 launched of one Dark Potions for Anna D100 (D100.) :
    Anna Krolence
    Anna Krolence
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Anna Krolence Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:30 pm

It was yellow, but not as yellow as she thought it should be. Probably the cauldron, Anna thought. Why don't they let us use our regular cauldrons? It wasn't like Lovecraft's... girlfriend couldn't have brought them with her. That would have made more sense than her showing up in that stupid hat!

The sopophorous beans were more difficult to cut than they should have been. Dull knives, of course. Anna would remember to bring her own knife the next time. Lovecraft runs a very sloppy classroom, she thought.

My Fabulous Submission Potion #3!
    Anna Krolence
    Anna Krolence
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Anna Krolence Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:34 pm

And now the arnica--which was being added to the mixture totally wrong. Anna would do it her way, which she knew would be better because--well, she'd been reading this stuff for so long, why wouldn't it be?

Sure, there was a little smoke as it went in, but what potion doesn't smoke?

My Fabulous Submission Potion #4!
    Helena Lovecraft
    Helena Lovecraft
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Helena Lovecraft Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Helena was over to Anna's desk in a flash. "Anna, what the hell are you doing?" she said, her tone demanding an explanation. "This potion isn't suppose to smoke! Are you trying to blow yourself up?"
    Anna Krolence
    Anna Krolence
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Anna Krolence Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:38 pm

"There's nothing wrong with what I'm doing!" she shot back. "Why don't you bring me my wand so I can finish?" Anna gave Lovecraft a haughty look, like having her this close was bothersome.
    Helena Lovecraft
    Helena Lovecraft
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Helena Lovecraft Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:41 pm

Helena was about ready to whip out her own wand and give this little brat what for--

Saved by a raised hand.

"I'll be back," she said, muttering.

(Doing her bit with Anna, then returning--)

She handed Anna her wand, showing none of the respect she'd give some of the other students. "Here you go," she said. "Try not to kill yourself."

Then Helena walked all the way out to the main aisle....

Just in case.
    Anna Krolence
    Anna Krolence
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Anna Krolence Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:44 pm

Stupid woman, Anna thought. I'll show this biach!

She did her final prep, then dipped her wand into the mixture. “Hoc erti tibi,” she intoned purposefully.

Now you're going to see some stuff, she thought as she withdrew it.

My Fabulous Submission Potion #5!
    Anna Krolence
    Anna Krolence
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Anna Krolence Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:47 pm

Everything was how it should be. No way this fails! she thought.

Quickly into the end. This is how you make a potion--and a dark one at that. Anna was pleased. If there anything she knew for sure, it was dark arts... and potions. That's two things....

My Fabulous Submission Potion #6!
    Anna Krolence
    Anna Krolence
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Anna Krolence Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:50 pm

Anna gazed intently into the cauldron. Okay, so... it doesn't look quite like it should, but it'll do. She was confident. After all, I made some improvements in the potion; of course it'll look different.

"Okay," she said to no one in particular, then turned to Erywin as she walked by. "Yo, Potions Witch! I need to bottle this."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 am