The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

3 posters

Time to Test: Annie and Emma

Helena Lovecraft
    Helena Lovecraft
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 56

Time to Test:  Annie and Emma Empty Time to Test: Annie and Emma

Post  Helena Lovecraft Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:27 pm

With nearly everyone finished--some even cleaned up--Helena looked around. "Oh... kay." She wanted to start with a good one--a potion she figured would work. She had just the cast of character.

"Krum; Neilson--" Helena raised both hand and made "Come hither" movements with her fingers. "Bring your potions up here and lets see."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 24

Time to Test:  Annie and Emma Empty Re: Time to Test: Annie and Emma

Post  Annie Krum Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:31 pm

Annie grabbed her potion and scurried up to their professor. Now to see if this stuff actually works, she thought, smiling sweetly at her newest pal, Emma.

Emmalene Neilson
    Emmalene Neilson
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

Post  Emmalene Neilson Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:35 pm

Grabbing her bottle with her name on it, Emma felt a little drop in her tummy. "Oh, my," she whispered, but her mind was saying, Please, please, please don't let Annie's potion work!

She sat her potion upon the Professor's desk and turned to Annie. She smiled bravely.
    Helena Lovecraft
    Helena Lovecraft
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Helena Lovecraft Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:36 pm

"Since I don't have a coin--" Helena walked over to her desk and poured out a measure of Annie's potion, "we'll go by the alphabet." She handed the small glass to Annie. "Only fair you administer."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Annie took the measure of potion and stepped closer to Emma. "Don't worry, Em. I won't make you look silly," she said, glancing over at Kerry. Annie gave him a quick wink before turning her attention back to her victim.

She knew Kerry was probably a bit nervous about what kind of ride Annie was about to take his flying partner on--but it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as a dementor....

Emmalene Neilson
    Emmalene Neilson
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Emmalene Neilson Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:45 pm

Emma took the potion and drank it quickly. It wasn't bad; there was a bit of a sweet taste to it, and it made her feel good in a... well, good way.

She handed the glass over to Professor Lovecraft. "Okay, that wasn't bad." She looked around the room and smiled. "Now what?"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:51 pm

Now what? Annie didn't really know what to expect. "I don't really know, Emma. At least you didn't blow up or die." She laughed at her own joke until she realized no one else was in a giggly mood.

Annie cleared her throat and said, "Maybe we should take it slow and see if my potion worked?" She positioned herself right behind Emma. "Take three steps forward."
    Emmalene Neilson
    Emmalene Neilson
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Emmalene Neilson Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:54 pm

When Annie said, "Take three steps forward," Emma didn't see a thing wrong with that. The fact she didn't think about why she was doing it didn't bother her until she realized she'd walked away from Annie and that she made her do it.

"Uhm, yeah..." Emma turned around and smiled sweetly. "Hi."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:07 pm

Annie giggled. It works! It was a very strange feeling to have the will of another person completely within your own grasp.

"Hi," she replied, smiling brightly back at the girl she was sure to upset in the next few seconds. "I think that confirms for us that my potion works... but then again, maybe you're just trying to be nice?" Annie lifted her fingers to her chin and scrunched her face. "Maybe something a little more out of your comfort zone than simply walking is necessary."

Annie walked once again directly behind Emma and leaned in close. "Tell Professor Lovecraft and I all about one of your deepest and darkest secrets, Emma."

She stood back to watch what would happen next...
    Emmalene Neilson
    Emmalene Neilson
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Emmalene Neilson Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:15 pm

My deepest, darkest... secret? Emma started to work her mouth like a fish, because she really didn't want to go there. Not here. Not with....

"Annie, I... can't..."

The moment the word "can't" passed her lips Emma felt something in her guts. Something like the time two years ago when her grandmother made some holiday disk and it just didn't set well with her and a few hours after dinner she had the worst diarrhea ever--

This felt 100 times worse.

Emma gasped for air as she said, "Annie, I..." She lurched to the side as her side stitched hard. "Ahhhhh!!!"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:25 pm

Annie watched, wide eyed, as Emma's body was wracked with pain. "Just do it and the pain will go away, Em." Annie was starting to sweat as Emma stubbornly refused to obey. Why can't this dumb potion just make her do it. Free will is a bitch...

"Look, I promise I won't tell anyone, and I doubt Professor Lovecraft is going to go running to the student body to blab all about your secrets."

She glanced around the room and noticed those who were left, including Kerry, were watching. She moved closer to Emma and put her arms around her shoulders. "Tell the two of us...in your quietest whisper. Hurry, Em, and get rid of the pain."
    Emmalene Neilson
    Emmalene Neilson
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Emmalene Neilson Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:32 pm

Emma felt Annie close to her, with Professor Lovecraft leaning over as well. No one's going to hear, she thought, and Annie did or--tell her to whisper--

"I'm afraid to die without..." She moaned as little as she didn't want to say it, but had to. "I don't want to die a virgin." She started to cry. "I'm such a loser! No one wants me." She leaned into Annie and let the tears come as the pain washed away like magic.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:39 pm

Annie could hardly believe what her own ears just heard. She held Emma close and stroked her back. "Shhh, Don't cry" she said, forgetting for a minute that her potion was still working. When Emma instantly responded, she smiled.

She leaned back and looked into Emma's tear stained face. "I'm sorry, but I had to know if my potion worked. I swear I'll never tell a soul." She pretended to lock up her lips and throw away the imaginary key. "Are you okay?"

Emmalene Neilson
    Emmalene Neilson
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Emmalene Neilson Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:02 pm

Emma waited to Professor Lovecraft to walk away before she nodded, "Yeah." She managed a smile. "I'm okay."

She got to her feet and wiped away the tears. "Dark arts; you gotta love them." No one was laughing at he joke, though.
    Helena Lovecraft
    Helena Lovecraft
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Helena Lovecraft Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:04 pm

Interesting, Helena thought while pouring out a message of Emma's potion. That took effect quickly; a lot quicker than I thought it might.

She handed the glass to Emma. "Your turn," she said, grinning.
    Emmalene Neilson
    Emmalene Neilson
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Emmalene Neilson Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:04 pm

Emma nodded, then cleared the step to Annie and handed her the potion. "Okay, it's your turn." She then stepped back and waited.
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:11 pm

Annie took the potion from Emma, but before she downed it she looked hard into her eyes. "I'm fairly certain this will work, Emma," she said in an even tone. "But remember that, while I may not be in control of my actions...I'll still remember everything."

She smiled sweetly. "Bottoms up," she said and drank the entire measure in one gulp. It was completely tasteless and she didn't really feel any different than before she'd taken the potion.

"Well," she said, inspecting herself. "I didn't die...or turn into a toad. Go on. Try it."
    Emmalene Neilson
    Emmalene Neilson
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Emmalene Neilson Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:15 pm

Emma wondered about Annie's "I'll remember everything" comment. I know she will, she thought, 'cause I remember what she said. Emma wanted her potion to work, and she knew how to find out--

"Well, we had a singing witch," she said. "How about a dancing one?" Emma made a twirling motion with her finger. "Dance for us like a ballerina, Annie."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:23 pm

Annie blinked. She didn't feel like dancing like a ballerina and for a few moments, she didn't. I guess her potion is a bust after all, she thought, when suddenly her arms were lifting above her head and she found herself twirling around.

Before she had time to react to what was happening, she was up on her tiptoes and spinning so fast, that she felt quite dizzy.
    Emmalene Neilson
    Emmalene Neilson
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Emmalene Neilson Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:28 pm

Emma was just about to throw up her hands when Annie didn't do anything right away--like I did, she thought--but then she started going up on toes and spinning, and Emma couldn't help but clap when that happened.

"Wow, Annie, very good!" Emma walked around to stand between her and the class. "Not so fast, Annie. I don't want you getting dizzy and falling down." Emma thought for a moment. "Stop and play patty cake like there's someone there."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:41 pm

Even though the room was still going, Annie stopped mid-spin and began to play pat-a-cake. Her imagination conjured up a vision of her mother, who taught her the simple game when she was three.

She began moving her hands and sang the rhyme.

"Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, baker's man.
      Bake me a cake as fast as you can;
      Pat it and prick it and mark it with B,
      Put it in the oven for baby and me.

Patty cake, patty cake, baker's man.
      Bake me a cake as fast as you can;
      Roll it up, roll it up;
      And throw it in a pan!

Patty cake, patty cake, baker's man..."

Emmalene Neilson
    Emmalene Neilson
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Emmalene Neilson Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:44 pm

Emma saw Annie was having so much fun that she hated she was going to have to do this next, but... Dark arts, Emma, dark arts! She got ready for the worst--

"Annie," Emma said in a mild yet unwavering voice. "I want you to stop, turned to Professor Lovecraft... and I order you to tell her to hit Kerry with another killing curse."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:57 pm

Annie stopped playing the game, surprised that she was actually enjoying herself, and then the rest of Emma's order went ringing through her head. NO... But she knew this was coming.

Annie's head was spinning rapidly as she thought about all the ways she'd love to torture the blonde in front of her, when suddenly....she smiled. Professor Lovecraft already promised me she would never do that particular stunt again...and our Professor isn't under the influence of MY potion...

"Okay, Emma, " she said sweetly, feeling no pain at all. "Professor, hit Kerry with another killing curse..."
    Emmalene Neilson
    Emmalene Neilson
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Emmalene Neilson Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:03 pm

Emma couldn't believe what she'd just heard. "No, no, NO!!!" She rushed up to Lovecraft. "Don't! Stop!!" She quickly turned to Annie. "I take it back! Stop! No more orders!!" She looked more upset than Annie was. "I can't! I can't."

Emma started to whimper a little under the pressure of trying to carry out this demonstration. "I'm sorry, Annie. I didn't mean..." She turned away for a moment, then looked back to Professor Lovecraft. "I can't do this any more, Professor. May I sit down?"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:17 pm

Annie was confused. This is a dark arts class, right? Why is she sorry... She went to sit next to Emma and nudged her.

"Hey, don't be sorry, Em. I just called your bluff. I already knew Professor Lovecraft wouldn't do that again because she told me so in the hospital wing after that first class." She laughed, hoping to lighten the mood.

"It's okay, really." Annie got up. "I'd still be interested in knowing what it feels like to disobey. You just need to find out what it is that I'll not be willing to do." She winked and walked back to their professor.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:35 am