The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!
The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

Breaking in the New Digs

Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 17

Re: Breaking in the New Digs

Post  Annie Krum on Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:04 pm

"You're quite attached to those," she joked. "I'll keep trying." Annie moved a bit to the side and fixed her wand. Her palms were beginning to sweat, forcing her grip to be a bit firmer. "Finite Incantatem."

Ending the spell: 9 of 6: 75+ Finite Incantatem
    Annie Krum carried out 1 launched of one (D100.) :
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:11 pm

Kerry watched his nails shrink right back to normal, and knew Annie was over that hump of getting the spell. It's like you can feel it change the room, he thought.

"Let me get this thing out of the way and we can take a break." He smiled. "I think we earned it.

He tapped his wand against his hand and then pointed. "Transfiguro."

Kerry Needs an Anniecure 4 of 6!
    Kerry Malibey carried out 1 launched of one (D100.) :
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:21 pm

Annie felt the bottom drop out of her stomach when Kerry mentioned taking a break. Suddenly, the room felt a little too private and she wondered if the elves bugged it on orders from Professor Semplen.

She took her seat in the same chair, placing her pajamas and her wand back in her bag, and folded her hands in her lap. "I wonder if we can get something to drink down here?"
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:29 pm

Kerry sat in the chair next to Annie, watching her. Ever since yesterday she'd been very tense, uneasy . . . so un-Annie like. He had an idea what it might be, but . . . he wasn't there on the feeling level yet to know.

"We don't get things brought to the tower," he said. "It was written that if we wanted something we had to talk to one of the elves in the dinning hall first, that it had to be special."

He pointed at the receptacle where Annie had left money last night to pay for the furniture. "I'm guessing if we want something, we gotta ask and then pay for it." He got up. "We could always walk over there and see if we can get in touch with an elf and ask them how we could get drinks in here."

He held out his hand for Annie. "Sweetie . . ." He smiled while wiggling his fingers. "What's wrong? Please tell me."

Last edited by Kerry Malibey on Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:13 pm

Annie looked around the room before stretching out her own hand for his. She gazed deeply into his eyes and took a deep breath. He's not blind...and he deserves to hear it, even if he thinks you’re silly.

“When we asked Professor Semplen about this room,” she lowered her eyes. “He said something to me, in Bulgarian, stressing that the room was just for study. It might not mean much coming from your Western background. But to me…” Annie pulled her hand back and wrapped her arms around herself.

“It was as if he were suggesting that we…” She felt her face erupt in a volcanic heat, which slid down the length of her chest. This is impossible to explain without making it sound completely awful. Annie decided it would be better to give the simplest meaning of her exchange with Holoc.

“That I should think about charming something…other than you.” Annie sank lower in her chair. “It was as though he were saying that I’ve been too affectionate and all of the professors have noticed. They must all think I’m— bezrazboren.” She realized that came out in Bulgarian. “Uhm, it means a girl who is crazy over boys or something similar to that.” She shook her head and stood up, pacing once more in the cozy room.

“They’re watching us, and they think I’m—that we’re,” she stopped, realizing she was probably not making any sense at all, and faced him.

“Do you have any idea at all what I’m talking about?”
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:31 pm

He thought about what was said yesterday when they met with Professor Douglas, and when they were speaking to Professor Semplen about the room. He was getting the gist of what Annie was trying to say, though maybe he didn't get all of the emotion. But it was strong, he knew that.

"I don't think you're boy crazy," he said. "If you were, you'd be seeing someone besides me. And I don't know how anyone could think . . ." The unanswered "thing" she hinted at--it was like something that had come from their dreams the night after they met with Professor Arrakis.

That stuff that Nurse Coraline hinted at.

"I'm going to go way out on a limb--" Which he was, since Kerry didn't quite know how to answer. Annie was the only girl he'd ever known, and girl problem were something he hadn't needed to deal with before now. It was learn as you go, and he was learning as quickly as he could. "But if anyone was going to get on us for being too . . . friendly, it would have been after the attack, when we spent the night in the hospital . . ." The word "together" was left hanging, but there was no need to bring it up. "Sure, Nurse Coraline didn't get us in trouble, but I mean--when you think about it, she really wasn't all that upset about it.

"And when Ella went nuts on us in the Madness--talking about us kissing and hugging and stuff--which we were doing then . . . everyone was there. You had a couple of Coven Leaders and other instructors and . . . the Headmistress was there, watching it all. And who got in trouble? Ella. She got banned for a month."

Kerry squeezed Annie's hand as tenderly as he thought he could muster, to let her feel him through her hand. "All the teachers have had chances to bust us, and they haven't. Kishna told us right away she didn't want any stuff going on, but you remember when we went down to the Transfigureation Dungeon to work--she never asked where we were going or about what we did. It was like, 'Oh, very nice, have a good day'.

"If they really are watching us fool around--" Kerry looked about the room, thinking if someone was bugging them, then they were hearing all this, and he had to wonder just who "they" might be-- "Then they're taking their time getting around to making us stop. I mean--" He shrugged as best he could. "Why would Professor Semplen let us have this room for the whole school year if he thought we couldn't control ourselves?"
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum on Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:54 am

Annie listened as Kerry spoke; every word washing over her like a soothing lullaby. Halfway though, it dawned on her that she had been completely and totally overreacting.

Kerry’s distress over her mini freak out rolled off him in waves—and that feeling was worse than believing her coven leader might have insinuated she was…easy.

Annie had a choice. She could decide to go back to her own life, where she was expected to look and behave a certain way and never deviate from that…or she could forge ahead and enjoy her new freedom and the world view only her Kerry would be able to give.

The choice was simple. There was only one thing she wanted; one thing she desired from the time she was seven. And he was standing right there in front of her, pleading for her to come back to him.

So she did. When he stopped talking, Annie wrapped herself into him, holding on as if he were her life raft. “You’re right,” she whispered into his ear, inhaling the scent of him—running her fingers greedily through his hair.

“Forgive me, Kerry.” She kissed his neck, tasting his skin as she moved up to his ear. “I don’t know what I was thinking.” Her lips slid over his jaw. “Somehow I got the idea that all of our professors thought I might be…” She met his lips and savored the sweetness of his breath before pressing her mouth to his.

Annie kissed him for an eternity. She kissed him until all thoughts of their professors, their families, their school, faded away, and her world was filled with nothing but the two of them sharing their embrace; each desperate for the other in ways only the two of them would ever fully comprehend.

The only thing that mattered—is that he wanted her, and she would be there for him…always.

When she finally pulled away, she felt that familiar blush. Tingly warmth radiated throughout her entire body and she relished in it. Slipping her hand into his, Annie led him to their love seat.

“Kerry,” she breathed, leaning into him so she could nuzzle his neck as they spoke. She let her arm rest on his chest while her fingers danced around the hollow under his Adam’s apple. “You are my soul mate. I can’t promise you that I’ll always be perfect…or rational,” she gazed up into his eyes, desperate for his forgiveness. “But I love you. I’ve always loved you, even before I knew it was you I was in love with.”

She kissed him once more, delighting in the soft contour of his lips under hers. “Moya edna lyubov…”

Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:40 am

Kerry fell into Annie. It was as if the switch had flipped back; this was the Annie he knew. This was the girl he loved and was growing closer to every day.

And he knew there was something they needed to address.

After their kiss, after their time alone in their private laboratory, Kerry had a . . . thought. There were many thoughts, but one came to mind instantly.

"You know," he said softly while hugging Annie, "I think it might be a good idea to . . . talk to someone--"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:43 pm