The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

3 posters

A Girl Walks Into The Fire Circle...

Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

A Girl Walks Into The Fire Circle... Empty A Girl Walks Into The Fire Circle...

Post  Raven Whitefeather Wed May 11, 2011 11:43 pm

On the train, before they've made it to the Salem Witches' Institute, Raven got the load down about the sorting. "They'll explain everything to you when you get there, but the things you need to remember are: be honest, be calm, and moreover, do not crack any jokes," said her oldest brother, Cameron. "You might think it'll be funny then, but you'll regret it later."

"Whacha mean?" she questioned.

"Just trust me on that." The blonde boy gave a reassuring smile to his young sister, "if you follow what I had just said, you'll do fine."

Raven looked over her shoulder to see her brothers giving her the thumbs up. With them there, she felt reassured that everything will be alright. Standing among the other first years, most of which were shorter than her, she waited until her name was called. Each and every kid that walked into the flamed circle, exited it in either tears, pain, or some sort of shock. Is it really that bad? she thought to herself.

Eventually her name was called and she walked up to the circle. Raven wasn't nervous nor was she scared, but nonchalant about her sorting. She made it to the circle, where many before her had stood, and she looked out into the mass of students. The last thing she saw before the flames rose were her brothers.
    The Phoenix Flames
    The Phoenix Flames
    The Flames of Sorting
    The Flames of Sorting

A Girl Walks Into The Fire Circle... Empty Re: A Girl Walks Into The Fire Circle...

Post  The Phoenix Flames Thu May 12, 2011 12:09 am

The heat was incredible. To Raven this was like the hottest, driest Texas summer she'd ever experienced, multiplied by 10. She could feel her hair turning brittle with every second she stood there.

And nothing happened.

Her brothers had told her that the Phoenix, as the school called her, usually appeared within moments of entering the Flames. But here, there was nothing. Raven stood alone, the pressure of the bright white on the verge of hot blue flames seeming to suck whatever last drop of moisture there was from the air.

She didn't know what to think. Raven was unsure what she was suppose to do next--

"What you do," a voice behind her growled, "my little genius girl, is entertain me."

Raven spun. The Phoenix was there, literally towering over her, her face twisted in grave malevolence. She seized Raven under the arms and tossed her up and back through the air as if she were a child's doll. She flew back into the wall of flames behind her and stuck there, a couple of meters off the floor, the fire burning but not consuming her.

And she screamed the Phoenix sauntered closer. "Is it really that bad?" she asked, an amused look upon her face. "I don't know, love: how bad can you imagine?"
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

A Girl Walks Into The Fire Circle... Empty Re: A Girl Walks Into The Fire Circle...

Post  Raven Whitefeather Thu May 12, 2011 1:12 am

The pain was intense; it was far worse than the time her bothers pushed her out a tree...then attempted to fix the broken arm. Nevertheless, the pain she experienced was nothing compared to how it could be. Raven quickly gave up trying to get down, after all, she winced at every attempt she moved.

"I guess it can be worse," the girl finally said after a moment. Raven, exercising her eldest brother's warning, stayed as calm and as honest as she can. She held her tongue at the ironic joke she was thinking of, but decided that she would follow her brother's warning. Looking up at the Phoenix, she said "and I'm far from being a genius, Ma'am."
    The Phoenix Flames
    The Phoenix Flames
    The Flames of Sorting
    The Flames of Sorting

Post  The Phoenix Flames Thu May 12, 2011 8:12 am

There was a moment of mirthful chuckle. "Ma'am? This ain't home, Bobbi-Lyn. This is my world." The Phoenix dragged Raven down to eye level, watching her wince with each centimeter of movement. Once Raven was at eye-level with her, the Phoenix started flicking unseen particles of dust from her body, and each flick left a tiny, flaming mark upon her clothing and skin.

"I've got no ass to kiss, honey," The Phoenix said, her voice taking on a soft, Southern drawl. "You spend your time flatterin' me, and you'll bore the hell outta me. And then . . ." She ran her fingers through Raven's hair, and the smell of burning hair and scalp enveloped them, "and I'll rip this pretty blond hair from your head and use it as a gag.

"I got no time for BSin', Bobbi-Lyn." The spirit stepped back and examined the girl like she was seeing her for the first time. "Tell me, honey, what coven you wanna grace with your delightful presence?"
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Fri May 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Raven bit her tongue trying not to make a sly comment to the Phoenix. The smell disgusted her greatly, in fact, she even gagged at the repulsive smell of burning hair and flesh. Finding some humor in the situation that she was in, Raven smiled and said, with her thick Texan accent "I want ta be sor'ed inta Ceridwen."
    The Phoenix Flames
    The Phoenix Flames
    The Flames of Sorting
    The Flames of Sorting

Post  The Phoenix Flames Fri May 13, 2011 6:54 pm

Eyebrows went up. "Ceridwen?" the Phoenix exclaimed. "You? Little Miss 'Anything other than Charms and Potions is BORING!' wants to get in with Mistress Kishna and her happy gang of Transformers?" She laughed loudly, the sound echoing off their surroundings.

She flicked her wrist and Raven crashed to the ground and slid about a meter across the hot floor. "You get into Ceridwen and you don't--" The Phoenix skittered towards the girl. "--pay--" She slipped up next to Raven. "--attention . . . let me tell ya, Puddin', she's gonna do some harm on your pretty little bod." She reached down and ran her burning fingers across Raven's left cheek, her nails leaving scorched marks in her flesh. "So why does a lazy little phoney like you wants to fight that power?"
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Fri May 13, 2011 7:37 pm

Wincing at the Phoenix's touch, Raven flinched away from her. Another wince came across her face when she replayed the words the Phoenix had said. "Why should I care about any other class?" Raven spat out, annoyed with the Flames next to her, not really caring about what the consequences might be. "I like ta a larkin' wit others. There ain't no problem wit that, is there?"

Angry at the mere mention that the Phoenix called her "a fake," Raven replied to the Phoenix's last question, "I'm also not a phony nor a yaller dog. I can deal with whateva Professa Kishana can deal out."

The Phoenix Flames
    The Phoenix Flames
    The Flames of Sorting
    The Flames of Sorting

Post  The Phoenix Flames Fri May 13, 2011 8:10 pm

A very pregnant pause filled the flame circle. Just when it seemed as if the Phoenix were about to shut her yap and leave, there came a very low, evil chuckle. "Oh, ma little Bitch Puddin'," the Phoenix said, the slight drawl rattling deep within her throat, "you just said the magic words."

There was a sudden, intense pain in Raven's shoulder blades; it felt as if someone were working a large, dull knife into her body, and pulling it though muscle and bone--slowly. Something pushed through her back, ripping out her blouse. Raven gasped as she felt new sensations entering her mind and body. She knew, she somehow knew--

She looked down and saw her skin beginning to change, turning from a lovely milky cream to something hard, red and leathery. She gasped aloud as her nails slowly turned into hard, yellowish claws stretching away from her finger tips.

"You can take whatever 'Professa Kishana' can deal out?" The Phoenix laughed again, louder this time, her voice almost booming. "Then you best hope she can fix what dealing, otherwise you've going to be the most talked about First Year in the school."

Last edited by The Phoenix Flames on Fri May 13, 2011 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Fri May 13, 2011 8:54 pm

Raven couldn't move; the pain was so intense, breathing became a chore. Why did I have to open my trap like that? the Texan girl regretted. When she finally looked down at herself, the girl panicked. "What did you do?!" she strained to say.
    The Phoenix Flames
    The Phoenix Flames
    The Flames of Sorting
    The Flames of Sorting

Post  The Phoenix Flames Fri May 13, 2011 9:07 pm

The Phoenix watched as Raven's redish-black leathery wing finished unfurling and shook out, drying quickly in the heat. "What did I do?" The Phoenix giggled as she walked around the girl as she got to her hands and knees. A wave of her hand and a second set of arms ripped from Raven's side, slowly growing into place, the finger flexing in time with the originals; another wave, and her ears elongated and became pointed, a line of gold earrings popping loudly into place as it ripped into the flesh and locked solid.

As a long barbed tail ripped through her skirt and waved in the languishing heat, the Phoenix snapped her fingers with every word she spoke. "Ah, Bitch Puddin' . . . I'm just gittin' warmed up.
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Sat May 14, 2011 12:35 am

My family always said I was a monster after messin' with them, but this is ridicules. she thought to herself. Raven just laid there; she hurt everywhere as she thought about of the ironic situation she was in. Her newfound wings twitched on its own, which hurt like no other, and she winced at the pain that it gave out.

After a moment, Raven calmed herself down, but just barley. Her inner muse begged her to stop and apologies to the flames, but the arrogant girl couldn't help herself. "My brothers never told me that you had a sense of humor." The pompous girl , smirking to herself, sarcastically continued, "is this what you do to all first years, or am I just lucky enough to earn your love?"

Last edited by Raven Whitefeather on Sat May 14, 2011 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling; grammar)
    The Phoenix Flames
    The Phoenix Flames
    The Flames of Sorting
    The Flames of Sorting

Post  The Phoenix Flames Sat May 14, 2011 7:05 am

Grabbing Ravan's now whipping, leathery tail, the Phoenix lifted her slightly off the ground. "There are many things your brothers didn't tell me about you," she said. "I'm surprised they didn't tell you about their experiences, Sweet Pea, but then I can understand their reluctance."

She bounced Raven up and down a few times, listening to the girl's lower spine crack with each dip and peak. "As for what I do . . . no. I don't do this to each First Year. Sometimes I'm much worse. Sometimes children walk out of here acting as if nothing ever happened to them. Sometimes they walk out and wish they'd never heard of magic. Sometimes they have to be taken to the hospital right away, because they upset me--"

The Phoenix bounced Raven onto her slightly unsteady feet, observing her as she found her balance with her new appendages. "And sometimes they don't walk out of here at all. And that's because they are either dead, or . . ." The smirk that had affixed itself to the Phoenix's face vanished, replaced by a grim mask--though it wasn't anger. Raven couldn't tell exactly what the spirit was thinking or feeling. "Or they never leave at all."

She stepped closer to Raven, their bodies nearly touching, and she ran her fingers over the edges of the girls new wings. "You really want my love, dear, you may find it a little too intense for you tweener heart."
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Sun May 15, 2011 12:13 am

Full and complete panic crossed the face of the little girl from north Texas, people die in the Circle? But-but, that just can't be...why in the world would a school allow something like that to happen? Raven tried to rationalize the situation, but her inner voice was telling her that it was true, after all, her wisecracking muse all but left her.

Scared at the fact that she might never leave the hell she was in, Raven screamed out "I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY!! I KNOW I SHOULDN'T HAVE JOSHED AROUND!!" She fell into a fetal position, wrapping her wings together in attempt to protect herself from whatever horrors might ensue, continuing to say "I'm sorry" over and over.
    The Phoenix Flames
    The Phoenix Flames
    The Flames of Sorting
    The Flames of Sorting

Post  The Phoenix Flames Sun May 15, 2011 7:15 am

The Phoenix knelt next to Raven and cooed to her like a mother would her baby. "Oh, little dear, I wouldn't kill you," she said as she ran her hand slowly over Raven's hair, comforting her. "You're too much fun. Now your brothers--'nother story. You know, you really shouldn't listen to them, 'cause if they had told you what it's really like in here . . . oh, bother."

Then she chucked again. "And why does the school allow it?" She leaned in and planted a hot kiss on the girl's cheek, the said, softly, "What makes you think I give them a choice?"

The Phoenix stood quickly. "Now off your ass and on your feet--and tell me why you wanna hang out with a bunch of shape shifters who are probably going to turn you into a chair every evening if you don't show some interesting in what they like." She snapped her fingers. "And make it quick and good . . . otherwise I might just make you my traveling companion and you can be my Demon Girl who never got away."
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Sun May 15, 2011 9:11 pm

Raven rubbed her cheek with the back of her hand where the Phoenix had kissed her, and slowly (and unstably) stood up. Raven wanted nothing more than to leave the flames as quickly as possible, so once she got her balance, she looked up at the Flames and said, in her normal, subtle Texan accent, "I may not be that interested in Transfiguration, but who knows, maybe it'll be useful fo' a good laugh." Raven pushed her hair back, took a deep breath, and continued, "besides, Ceridwen ain't just 'bout Transfiguration, they can do other things too."
    The Phoenix Flames
    The Phoenix Flames
    The Flames of Sorting
    The Flames of Sorting

Post  The Phoenix Flames Sun May 15, 2011 9:22 pm

Slowly, with a sense of finality, the Phoenix nodded. "You are quite right, my little Pudin'," she said. "You know, you could do worse. And you're up for a challenge--a tough one."

The spirit put her hands on her hips. "Well, I can't argue with your position, Sweet Pea." She giggled, almost snorting. "And who knows? You might be good for a laugh once in a while."

The Phoenix looked up to the blank sky. "Do you hear me? I am finished with this girl. I GIVE HER TO CERIDWEN!"

The sky exploded; the flames vanished. With a shock Raven was back in the Dinning Hall, in the circle. She could finally relax.

And then she heard the gasps. As she turned she realized her clothing was in tatters as it has been inside the flames. And not only that--

She still had her wings and tail.
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Mon May 16, 2011 1:05 am

Damn that woman! she cursed to herself, damn her to hell and back!! Raven had to think of something...anything, to get out of the situation she was in. With quick-thinking on her part, with the help of her muse, Raven gave a smug grin to the rest of her peers and jokingly said, "it's ok, it's ok...I'm in Ceridwen."

Crap, how in the wild world of magic, do I untransfigurate? she questioned. Remembering what her parents, and on occasion, her brothers taught her. Remembering how to, Raven said, "perhaps it would be better if I lost the get-up, hua?"
    Jessica Kishna
    Jessica Kishna
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 53

Post  Jessica Kishna Mon May 16, 2011 7:07 am

Jessica removed her wand from her sleeve as she stepped towards the transformed girl standing in the circle. Haven't had The Phoenix leave one for me in some time, she thought. This girl must either be special, or I've been warned she's a little devil...

She pointed the wand and spoke: "Raven Revertomanni." Slowly--and, if the look on Raven's face was any indication, with a touch of pain--the wings and tail vanished. Though it wasn't funny, there were a few chuckles in the audience; some of the upper years had seen this happen before, and Jessica knew if Raven managed to last a few years, she'd likely see the same.

"You can come sit now, child," Jessica said, putting her arm around the tattered Raven. Before Raven said Jessica used the Reparo spell to fix her clothing; wouldn't do to have the initiate wander around in rag.

"After you've had something to eat report to Nurse Coraline and have her look you over," Jessica said, though it was more of an order. She crossed her legs. "And welcome to Ceridwen. I'm sure you'll discover it--" Jessica's eyes twinkled. "Enlightening."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 am