The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

2 posters

Jessica's Office

Jessica Kishna
    Jessica Kishna
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 53

Jessica's Office Empty Jessica's Office

Post  Jessica Kishna Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:36 am

OOC: Welcome to my office. This area will be open to any student wishing to chat. I am available for every Ceridwen at any moment of your day.

My rules are simple. Follow them and no one will be harmed.

1. PLEASE KNOCK. Always assume my door is closed and knock before entering. You do not have to wait for me to call out "Enter." Simply knock and proceed.

2. READ THE THREAD BEFORE YOU KNOCK. If I am engaged with another student and you knock and enter....well, consider yourself warned.

3. DO NOT GOD-MOD ME IN MY OWN OFFICE. Do not enter and then proceed to describe what you see me doing. Always assume I am sitting behind my desk and leave it at that.

After you have read through the above, proceed with your roleplay below.

Jessica Kishna
    Jessica Kishna
    Professor
    Professor

Jessica's Office Empty Re: Jessica's Office

Post  Jessica Kishna Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:33 pm

Jessica was busy jotting down a few last minute details before she had to leave, when her office door opened and Raven walked in.

Her eyebrows lifted as the first year strolled into her office.

"Hello, Raven," she flashed her teeth in a wide grin. "To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?"
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

Post  Raven Whitefeather Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:32 am

Ok Rae, all you have to do is go up to her and say 'I'm sorry for all the things I did,' that's it. No crying, no ranting, and absolutly NO going on a tangent! Just tell her how you feel and leave.

Although she had promised herself all those things, in sight of Kishna, Raven, for a lack of a better word, choked on what she had came there to do. "I-I, um," was all she was able to mutter before her mind went blank on why she was there in the first place. Her eyes left Kishna's eyes and quickly fell to her desk, then to the desk's leg, all while she muttered, "Um, I..."

Come on, Raven Michelle, you can do it, just tell her that you're sorry! If you can apologize to that Flame Lady, you can apologize to your Coven Head! she encouraged herself. Raven just couldn't get out what she had came there to do, and that made her nervous. She gave out a slight cough before she started to bite her lower lip. She shook her head in an attempt to shake out her nervousness. With a deep breath, Raven looked up at her once again and spoke up, this time, more confidently, "Ma'am, I came here to tell you somthin'...I-" Raven froze again, Come on, it's just two words, you can do it! 'else, you're gonna regreat it. "Ma'am, I'm- I'm" she managed to say before her eyes fell to the floor in front of her.

Then, Raven started to panic, she's about to leave for certain death, come out and say it. She ain't a mind reader; if you don't say it, she'll never know how you really feel. Tears started to fill her eyes as her panic state started to take over her. Her heartbeat started to pace out of control, and she started to have sporadic breathing. "I'm- I want to tell you that I'm- I'm," she said, her voice trembling as she tried to say what she truely wanted to tell her.

That was all she could take. Raven trembled at all of the possibilities that could fall upon Kishna, and that was enough to have her tears fall. "I'm sorry, I really am! I never meant anythin I said or did," Raven sobbed out.

Of course, she didn't stop there, "I'm sorry that I smarted off in the Atrium. I'm sorry that I ignored you in the garden. I'm sorry that I'm always runnin' late for class and end up losin' a lot of coven points. I'm sorry that I avoided you. I'm sorry that I'd misjudged you." the list went on and on. In between each confession, Raven would sob harder and harder. It didn't really matter, though, after her confession about misjudging Kishna, she was sobbing so hard and her accent was so thick that you couldn't understand her.

Everything that Raven had promised herself that she wouldn't do, she did, and that made her cry even harder. She tried to stop, but she couldn't. She kept wipeing the tears away, but it didn't seem to work.Get a hold of yourself, Raven, how can anyone understand you if you're blubberin like that? But that just made her feel worse.
    Jessica Kishna
    Jessica Kishna
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Jessica Kishna Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:46 pm

Jessica crossed her arms tightly in front of her body, tapped her foot, and waited for the blubbering mess in front of her to get a grip. After a few minutes, Jessica produced a box of tissues and had Raven sit in the tallest of the three lush chairs in her office. She ran her fingers over the back of the seat, admiring the perfect chocolate brown leather; a proud smile played across her lips.

“Comfortable?” she asked, not bothering to wait for an answer. “So, you’ve come to apologize, Miss Whitefeather. What I’d like to know is…why?” Jessica sneered at the girl. “I’ve resigned myself to the fact that we are stuck together. I will not hide my…disappointment, in your lackluster performance; I had hoped there would be much more from you, as it is not often the flame delivers me a student in such a condition as yours.”

Jessica leaned up against the front of her desk and glowered at the girl.

“Why are you sitting there spilling your guts? Let me ask you this. Have you ever wondered about the flame—stayed up at night, playing your sort repeatedly in your mind?” She crossed her arms in front of her once again and placed her hand on her face. She tilted her head, displaying a twisted smile

“Look at me, Raven… Take a hard look at what you see before you. I’m a hardass. I don’t apologize for what I am—neither should you. Just decide already and get on with it. You’re boring me with all this self-discovery nonsense.”

Jessica helped Raven up, placing her arm lightly over her shoulders. “There is one thing… Some, unfinished business I believe?” She swiftly produced her wand and a bright flash filled the cozy office. When their eyes adjusted to the light, a tall girl was crouched on the floor and the perfect leather chair Raven had just occupied was gone. The fair skinned teenager was dressed in her school uniform—her star emblem pronouncing her as a seventh year.

“Get up and greet my company, Miss Candrell.” Jessica squeezed Raven’s shoulder. “I don’t believe the two of you have been properly introduced, even though Miss Candrell was gracious enough to show you around our coven bathrooms on your first night here in my house.”

They both watched her rise, stiff from the transformation of girl to chair for the past week.

“Elaine,” Jessica crooned. “I think you own Miss Whitefeather a heartfelt thank you for saving your ass…from hers. She will be out in a minute expecting one.” She let go of Raven and leaned in close to the seventh year. “Now, get the hell out of my sight…and I hope for your sake, she accepts it.”

Jessica watched as the wide eyed girl slunk from the office and then turned her attention back to Raven. “I don’t have a lot of time to entertain you, so—if there isn’t anything else?”

She breezed back behind her desk. As Raven neared the door she added, “By the way, how are things working out with your new roommate?”
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

Post  Raven Whitefeather Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:37 am

Raven couldn't respond verbally to Kishna the entire time she spoke, but mentally, she responded to every question that she asked:

“So, you’ve come to apologize, Miss Whitefeather. What I’d like to know is…why?"
    Cause I'm an idiot for not realizin that I was bein a brat.

“Why are you sitting there spilling your guts?"
    Cause I'm an idiot for feelin like a sinner in church that I had ta confess.

"Have you ever wondered about the flame—stayed up at night, playing your sort repeatedly in your mind?”
    Every night since then, but it still wouldn't change nothin, I'm still an idiot.

Raven wiped her arm across her face to avoid anymore tear shed. She started to feel even worse than she did only a few minutes before, but then, Kishna had said, 'I don’t apologize for what I am—neither should you.' Raven looked shocked, but...I know I was being stupid, it's only right to apologize...right? She just couldn't why Kishna would tell her that.

However, the biggest shock Raven received at that moment, was when she found out that the chair she had been sitting on, was a student. It did take her a few moments to realize that that was the girl that had tripped her and shoved her in the bathroom. Actually, she had to remember long and hard who that girl was; growing up with six brothers, you tend to forget who hit who. Oh my Lord, did she transfigure her into a chair for an entire week?

Then, the name was mentioned, Elaine Candrell...why does that name sound so familiar? Raven thought about it more as Kishna was telling Elaine something, then it hit her, that's the girl Cameron dumped right before summer! She never asked her brother why he'd broke up with her, but now she wanted to know.

Raven was so lost in thought that the sound of the door opening and shutting snapped her out of it. Raven was about to leave before Kishna had asked her, “By the way, how are things working out with your new roommate?”

She paused and turned back towards her. Opening her mouth, Raven's voice was slightly shaky, "You mean Petra? Things are good; it's a lot better than not havin' a roommate or sharin' a room with someone like Kel or Leigh...they're not the best people to share rooms with."
    Jessica Kishna
    Jessica Kishna
    Professor
    Professor

Post  Jessica Kishna Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:39 pm

Jessica nodded. "I think it wise that you find her and wander down to the dungeons to practice the spells Professor Douglass has been kind enough to outline. You never know when they may come in handy."

She rolled a slip of parchment and watched as Raven slipped quietly out of her office.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content