The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

3 posters

Accio and Depulso

Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 24

Accio and Depulso - Page 2 Empty Re: Accio and Depulso

Post  Annie Krum Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:47 am

When nothing happened, Annie fired another quickly. I can't waste anymore time playing with this thing. "I might be a wreck for our next class, but one more shouldn't kill me.

"Right?"

She arched her back and said with more force, "Accio throw pillow!"

Bringing the fluff: 11 of 6 90+
    Annie Krum carried out 1 launched of one Accio and Depulso - Page 2 D100 (D100.) :

Annie Krum carried out 1 launched of one Accio and Depulso - Page 2 D10 (D10.) :
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:57 am

Nothing.... Again. Annie slumped back onto the couch next to Kerry; her energy was completely spent.

"I feel like I've just ridden a wild hippogriff." Reaching for her jacket, Annie slipped her wand back into its holder. "I'm thinking that's one I'll have to revisit." She winked at him and gave him a wicked grin.

"What do you say, my love. Ready to use your mental powers and try non-verbal?"
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:08 pm

Two things ran through Kerry's mind: one, he didn't really feel as if he were ready for non-verbal charms, but he should at least try it, and two: what's a hippogriff?

But they did have the room, and why not give it a try? The worst that would happen is he couldn't do it, and the only one who'd see his failure was Anniie--and she wouldn't say anything. Neither would the people in the class, the thought, but lets see how hard this is going to be first . . ..

He pulled out his wand and looked down the table at the pillow. "Okay, lets try this." He pointed the wand and concentrated like he'd watched people do last night, and when he was ready and felt there was power, he gave the wand a little twitch and thought, Accio throw pillow--

Doin' this Silently, 1 of 6, Base 75+

Kerry Malibey carried out 1 launched of one Accio and Depulso - Page 2 D100 (D100.) :

Kerry Malibey carried out 1 launched of one Accio and Depulso - Page 2 D10 (D10.) :
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:11 pm

As he imagined the outcome, nothing happened; the pillow sat there, silent. "Oh, well," he said, turning to the comfortable-looking Annie on the sofa, "I didn't expect it to do anything, but maybe this time--"

He decided to just have it out, go with the feel this time. He pointed the wand at the pillow and thought, Accio throw pillow, as hard as he could.

Doin' this Silently, 2 of 6, Base 75+
    Kerry Malibey carried out 1 launched of one Accio and Depulso - Page 2 D100 (D100.) :

Kerry Malibey carried out 1 launched of one Accio and Depulso - Page 2 D10 (D10.) :
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:14 pm

But it didn't matte how hard he thought, nothing happened. Kerry shrugged; he knew he was pushing this and here was proof. Maybe I do my best work in front of others, he thought, then remembered Annie and he were in Advanced Charms because of things they did away from others--

He shrugged again pointed his wand, thinking, Accio throw pillow, nice and simple.

Doin' this Silently, 3 of 6, Base 75+

Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:33 pm

Kerry began laughing. "Oh, man, this is a total crash and burn," he said. He was sort of upset that he went three in a row and didn't get so much as a twitch out of the pillow, but he'd keep going, because he knew he'd do at least one, and he wasn't magic's bitch--

So he pointed his wand, thought Accio throw pillow, and let rip.

Doin' this Silently, 4 of 6, Base 75+

Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:19 pm

He could feel the spell coming on. It was there, getting stronger, but not quite as powerful as it should have been. I think this time . . . this time it'll happen.

Wanting to show off just a little, Kerry turned to Annie, smiled, said, "Watch this," the stuck out his left arm, the wand pointing right at the pillow. Accio throw pillow, he thought--

Doin' this Silently, 5 of 6, Base 75+

Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:33 pm

"Well, looks like I'm pushing this," Kerry said. It was a bit humbling not to get one success so far, but he didn't think it mattered. You don't let this beat you, he thought. You take it as it comes. And no matter what . . . you always have Annie.

He did the same as before, with the same confidence, smiling at Annie before whipping his head around and thinking, Accio throw pillow.

Doin' this Silently, 6 of 6, Base 75+

Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:40 pm

"Wow." Kerry was a bit shocked--he went 6 for 6 without a single success. "Oh, well--" He shrugged and pointed his wand. "I guess it won't hurt to throw it all to the wind now, would it?"

And he thought very hard, Accio throw pillow.

Doin' this Silently, 7 of 6, Base 80+

Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:00 pm

Kerry caught the pillow as it flew across the room to land in his arms. He clutched it tightly. "Yah!" he said, almost spinning around to celebrate. He moved back to the sofa, setting the pillow in Annie's lap then laying down, his feet almost on the arm with his head against the pillow.

Looking up into Annie's face, he said, "I can't be great all the time, but I can be with you."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:02 pm

Annie ran her fingertips through Kerry's hair and smiled down at him. Their morning was perfect and even though they were both struggling with their advanced magic, being together like this... It's the way it should be.

"Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength," she said and kissed his forehead. "I think you're brilliant."

Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:10 pm

Kerry smiled up at Annie. "I think Overlord Karellen said something along the same lines," he said. "It's how you apply everything, not just being strong in of itself--"

And then he shifted his tone of voice, sounding a little like he had something stuck in his throat. "Strength matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size do you? UrrrRRUUUh."

Kerry started laughing, then pulled Annie down for a quick kiss. "I wonder if anyone in Charms has missed us yet?" He giggled. "Or missed being frozen?"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:08 pm

Annie rolled her eyes. "The evil twins are probably busy blowing each other up right about now." She giggled and pretended to be frozen with her hand in the shape of a claw.

"I get the impression that she's not fond of me." Annie's face fell as she thought about how simple it was to make enemies at a school like this. "Unstable witches like her can be trouble."
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:42 pm

Thinking about their first encounter with Anna, Kerry now appreciated not giving up everything you know about yourself to some strange person who starts talking about purity of blood and Shit like that. "They seemed to be disliked by everyone--teacher included." He snorted. "At least we haven't run into that goofy girl from Astronomy." He shook his head. "She's a waste of consumed oxygen."

Kerry ran his fingers along Annie's knee socks, which, he had to admit, made her look cute as hell. "However, there are some witches who are . . . lets say very nice to be with."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:09 pm

Annie nodded in agreement. Their coven mate, Jill, was another odd ball. Their meeting in astronomy was one she wouldn't soon forget. Since then, Annie had made a point to stay far away from that nutter as possible.

Kerry's fingers, running up and down her leg, distracted her.

"Oh," she said, glaring down at him in mock anger. "And who might those witches be?"
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:19 pm

Kerry smiles, still playing with Annie's leg. "Oh, someone who's cute in a skirt and knee socks, and who might look cuter in her snow boots when the weather turns."

He snuggled into her, enjoying being held and touched by her. "I think I'm charmed out for the day. You know what might be fun? Walk out to the lake while the weather's still good and sit--" He kissed Annie's hand. "We haven't been there in a month, you know."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:30 pm

Annie couldn't help but giggle at his charm. The lake sounded like a really good idea. It seemed an eternity since the last time they were out that way, and so much has changed since then.

"I'd love to take a walk out there with you," she said, watching him sit up and stretch. She grabbed her jacket, slipped it back on, and did the same with her bag.

Checking that everything was tidied up, she snatched up the pillow to return it back to the couch in front of the fireplace upstairs on their way out.

"Are you ready?"
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:34 pm

Kerry got to his feet slowly. The room, Annie, the whole feel of the school at the moment . . . it filled him with a joy he couldn't describe. I am so glad, so lucky, to be here, he thought. It won't always be perfect--but it'll be great.

"Lets run that up, then take the tunnel out to the Manor," he said. "Then we can walk past the Bastion on the way back." He took Annie's hand as he opened the door. "Otherwise I'll be tempted to want to fly--"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:41 pm

Annie raised her eyebrows. It figures I'd fall in love with a flyer. She giggled to herself and agreed, hugging the pillow to her chest as they left.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:33 am