The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

+8
Saber Lawrence
Dalex Claw
Raven Whitefeather
Keith Domingo
Kerry Malibey
Evangelina Cromwell
Annie Krum
Mathilde Laventure
12 posters

Official Registration Form

Mathilde Laventure
    Mathilde Laventure
    Headmistress

Character Age : 50

Official Registration Form Empty Official Registration Form

Post  Mathilde Laventure Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:26 pm

Please Copy And Paste The Following Form Into A Reply Post In This Thread And Answer Completely. Incomplete Forms Will Be Rejected.

First Name:
    Last Name:
    Heritage:
    Home Town:

First Choice For Coven:
    Second Choice For Coven:
    (There is no guarantee that you get your first choice, but we will try to at least get you into your second.)

Appearance

Eyes:
    Hair:
    General Appearance:
    Style of Dress:

General Character Traits

Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Personality:

Personal History:

Strong Area of Magic:
    Weak Area of Magic:

RP Sample:
    (You MUST PROVIDE at least two fully developed paragraphs in order to be considered. We won't accept anything less than your best, so prove you belong in this school and knock us dead with your writing!)
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 24

Official Registration Form Empty Re: Official Registration Form

Post  Annie Krum Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:07 pm

First Name: Annie
    Last Name: Krum
    Heritage: Bulgarian
    Home Town: Pamporovo, Bulgaria

First Choice For Coven: Cernunnos
    Second Choice For Coven: Morrigan
    (There is no guarantee that you get your first choice, but we will try to at least get you into your second.)

Appearance

Eyes: Brown
    Hair: Long, Straight, Chestnut Brown
    General Appearance: Slender, tall, long fingers.
    Style of Dress: Casual; Jeans and t-shirts.

General Character Traits

Strengths: Inquisitive; Fierce Friend

Weaknesses: Quick to Anger or Upset; Insecure About Magical Abilities; Unsure About Who She Is Apart From Her Family; Prone to Motion Sickness

Personality: Mostly Energetic and Happy.

Personal History:
    Annie Krum is the daughter of the famous Viktor Krum, ex Seeker for the Bulgarian national Quidditch team, and Pavlina Ganchev.

Annie is socially awkward and learning about who she is apart from her family. Her parents both love her but are worried that their little girl will never live up to her legacy. They accepted Annie’s enrollment at Hogwarts, where the pressure to perform wouldn't be as great.

About a week into classes at Hogwarts, a group of Death Eaters were discovered hiding in the school and at Hogsmeade, disguised as staff. The Ministry sent in aurors to take care of the situation. Hogwarts was cleared and students were reassigned.

In order to not miss classes, Annie, along with her best friend Kerry, were allowed to travel 2 weeks back in time with a time turner, under the supervision of a new instructor.

Strong Area of Magic: Dark Arts
    Weak Area of Magic: Transfiguration

RP Sample:
    (You MUST PROVIDE at least two fully developed paragraphs in order to be considered. We won't accept anything less than your best, so prove you belong in this school and knock us dead with your writing!)

Look at him, Annie thought as she peered out of the window of Ollivander’s, watching her father sign autographs. He’s so happy. I’ll never make him smile like that.

“Hello, Annie.”

Annie jumped and spun around, knocking a particularly large stack of boxes to the ground with a loud crash. Dust motes twinkled in the warm room. She watched as they danced around her head. Ollivander stood behind the ancient wooden counter and smiled. “Thanks,” he said. “I needed those rearranged.”

Annie felt her cheeks flush. “I’m very sorry, Mr. Ollivander." She bent to pick up the pile at her feet. "I'm here for a wand..."

“Leave those right there, Miss Krum." Ollivander motioned for her to follow him. "Of course you need a wand my dear.” They walked through the dusty shelves stacked to the ceiling with wand boxes.

Ollivander stopped and pulled a particularly dusty box from the top of a huge stack. The cover had once been a brilliant red. Carefully, he slid it off and held up what looked like nothing more than an intricately carved stick.

“Did you know that vine brings peace and tranquility to its owner and it's known to represent joy and the heart?” he asked. “This makes it the perfect choice for love charms.”

Annie held out her hand to touch the warm light brown wood. As her fingers curled around the wand, an unfamiliar jolt ran throughout her body—filling her at once with a purpose.

The bell above the shop's door jingled. Annie turned to see her father piling into the small store; Adoring fans puddled around his feet. She smiled.

"Everything alright, Ann?" Viktor asked. His daughter was never happy to see fans.

"I'm wonderful." she replied while thinking the look of alarm on his face was pleasing.
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Sun May 08, 2011 3:25 am

First Name: Evangelina “Lina”
    Last Name: Cromwell
    Heritage: Japanese-Canadian
    Home Town: Vancouver, BC, Canada

First Choice For Coven: Morrigan, the Coven of the Raven
    Second Choice For Coven: Asgardsreia, the Coven of the Stag

Appearance

Eyes: Dark Brown
    Hair: shoulder-length, straight black hair
    General Appearance: 5'0", average built, and slightly tanned.
    Style of Dress: a cute blouse and skirt

General Character Traits

Strengths: intelligence, determine, loyal
    Weaknesses: (tends to be) shy and awkward around new people, (when she’s mad) fierce temper, afraid of spiders
    Personality: Evangelina is very modest about her intellect and magical ability to the point where she would rather have someone else have the spotlight than herself. When meeting new people, she’s very standoffish and she evaluates them. However, once they’ve become friends, she can be loud and out-spoken. If a friend is ever in need, Evaangelina will be the first to help out with whatever problem they have, big or small. When she’s angry at someone, she will go through the ends of the earth to get her revenge.

Personal History:

Evangelina was born of a muggle-born mother and a wizard father, both of whom attended the Salem Witches Institute. Evangelina and her sisters grew up within a muggle community and went to muggle schools so they can interact and understand them better. Evangelina was always determined to be the best role model that her two younger sisters can depend on, just as her parents (perfect in her eyes) are her role models. When she turned 11, her parents were delighted to find that she was accepted to the Salam Witches Institute. After getting her acceptance letter, Evangelina spent days reading and studying her books just so she can be slightly ahead of her fellow classmates.

Her mother, Sakae Cromwell (nee, Watanabe), was part of the Morrigan coven (and member of the Valkyries [dueling club]). Her father, Royce Cromwell, was part of the Åsgårdsreia Coven.

Strong Area of Magic: Potions
    Weak Area of Magic: Herbology

RP Sample:

Evangelina shifted between her comforters, groaning as sunshine crossed over her face. It had been two days since she received a letter of acceptance to the Salam Witches’ Institute and she was getting more and more excited. She looked at her clock, “7:57?” she said quietly to herself as she rolled out of bed. Doing a quick stretch, she looked to the other side of the room to find Constantia, her 9-year-old sister, still sleeping. Evangelina took this opportunity to sneak out of their room to the kitchen.

Walking down the hall, Evangelina took in the memories of the pictures on the wall and how she will miss her family when she leaves for school. No, I have to focus; I have to be Tia and Jac’s role model. Banishing the thoughts altogether, Evangelina made it into the kitchen where her mother was making breakfast.

“Good morning Lina” her mother said as she walked over to kiss her daughter on her head. The older woman smiled, “did you sleep well?”

“mmmhmm” the girl hummed. Evangelina walked over to the cabinet and pulled out five plates and set them on the counter as she grabbed five cups from a different cabinet. “I’ve finished the Dark Forces book last night. Tia wasn’t too happy that I was up so late”

Her mother giggles, “Of course she would be upset; you know she has to be in a dark, quiet room in order to fall asleep.”

“I know.” Evangelina finished setting the table and after a long pause, she asked, “Mom, do you think I’ll become a great witch?”

Setting down the rice on the table, her mother replied, “You are a great witch. I know for a fact that you can accomplish anything if you set your mind to it. Both Constantia and Jacquelyn are very lucky to have you as an older sister.”

Evangelina smiled at her mother’s words; they were the motivation and reassurance that she needed. “Thanks mom,” she said as she hugged her mother.

“Don’t thank me yet, I still need you to wake up your sisters.”

The smile that was on Evangelina’s face dropped and she groaned as she did what her mother asked.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Mon May 09, 2011 8:50 am

First Name: Kerry
    Last Name: Malibey
    Heritage: American
    Home Town: Sleepy Hollow, California, USA

Appearance

Eyes: Brown
    Hair: Short, Red
    General Appearance: Normal build, slightly shorter than normal, wears glasses.
    Style of Dress: A general collection of jeans and geekishly-labeled tee shirts.

General Character Traits

Strengths: Intelligent; Inquisitive; Friendly
    Weaknesses: Loner; Has issues forming bonds with others; Deep into geek culture; Knows next to nothing about "real" magic
    Personality: Usually upbeat but prone to mood swings

Personal History:
    Kerry is the son of Warren Malibey and Emily Castillano. An only child, Kerry was raised in the California Bay Area as both parents worked for Industrial Light and Magic; his father was a sound editor and his mother was a visual effects artist.

In 2007 Warren had the opportunity to return to his native country of Wales, having been offered a position with BBC Wales, and Kerry became an expatriate. Kerry had difficulty making friends, which only caused him to dig deeper into his world of books and the Internet. This was all turned on his head when he discovered in the summer of 2011 that he was, as he stated, "magically inclined".

Kerry is the classic precious tween who has trouble making friends, but once finding a friend is loyal for a very, very long time. Because of his parents involvement with "geek culture" in the form of movies and TV, he's well immersed in subjects that are likely to be far over the heads of those around him.

Because he was living in Wales Kerry was initially accepted into Hogwarts. However, a week into classes a group of Death Eaters, disguised as staff, were discovered hiding in the school and at Hogsmeade,and it became necessary for The Ministry of Magic to send in aurors to clean out the infestation. As such, it was necessary to shut down Hogwarts for a few weeks, necessitating the reassignment of some students.

Because of his nationally reassignment to the U.S. was a given. Along with an Instructor and his friend Annie (as well as a few other refugies), he was allowed to travel back in time two weeks (using a time turner), so as not to miss classes at the new school.

Strong Area of Magic: Wait . . . I know nothing of magic, so how do I know my strong areas? I'll find out when I get there. But . . . I'm interested in Transfiguration and Potions.
    Weak Area of Magic: Herbs are good for "recreational use", but what else?

RP Sample:

Standing in the dark square, Kerry surveyed the small gathering of students who were about to be shuffled off to America to continue their education. Death Earters, he thought. Can't live with them, but you can sure as hell kill them. Sure, everyone acted like these guys were supremely evil, but if what Annie had told him was even half true, then these dudes were like straight outta Mordor.

"Are we ready, kids?" Helen approached them, looking about as un-witch like as possible in her bright red blouse, leather pants and duster, and boots. She was adjusting something around her neck as she approached. "I'm sorry if this all seems so last minute, but the Ministry is not in the habit of casually allowing mass time travel--"

Kerry was still having trouble believing they were actually time traveling! When he'd heard they would be moving to this Witches School, but they'd be going back to September 1st so they could start anew, he'd about lost it. He'd just knew they could do this! Of course they'd been told they couldn't speak with their parents and friends until they caught back up to September 14th, since, technically, they'd all be in two different places at the same time. No need to tell me, he thought. I know what happens when you cross your own time line--

A long, thin chain was attached to the object around Professor Lovecraft's neck, and that chain was wrapped around everyone. "Hang on to your items, kids," she warned, and everyone who was sitting on their luggage touched it to make sure it was still there. Kerry reached out to touch Annie's hand, then gripped Valdore's cage tighter, 'cause he didn't want to see her flung off into the Vortex--

The world around them seemed to spin for a moment before there was the now-familiar disassociation of an Apparation--and there they were, sitting on a stone walkway, staring at a set of huge door attached to an even larger church-like building, surrounded by what looked like a castle wall intersected with huge towers.

"We're here." Helena undid the chain and began winding it up. "First Years, leave your things here and get inside; you'll need to be placed in your covens right away. The rest of you can help me get these things organized--"

Kerry looked up and let the cool drizzle coat his face. This is so freakin' cool, he thought. Jenny Everywhere's got nothing on me.
    Keith Domingo
    Keith Domingo
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Keith Domingo Tue May 10, 2011 12:59 am

First Name: Keith
    Last Name: Domingo
    Heritage: Laotian
    Home Town: Livermore, Maine

First Choice For Coven: Bloeddewedd

Appearance

Eyes: Black
    Hair: Black, short
    General Appearance: 4’8” Brown-skinned, scrawny
    Style of Dress: Lack of style. Loose pants, tacky T-shirts, mismatched jackets and sweaters

General Character Traits

Strengths: Friendly, Skillful, Inquisitive
    Weaknesses: Easily Distracted, Tasteless, Excessively Babbles
    Personality: Mostly Cheerful, introverted, sensitive

Personal History:
    Born in Maui, Hawaii to a hotel chef and a hostess. Keith moved to Maine after his mother’s divorce and prompt remarriage to a Livermore high school teacher. After two years in a new elementary school, Keith’s stepfather revealed himself as an Auror and handed the boy his letter of acceptance into the Salem Witches’ Institute.

Strong Area of Magic: Charms
    Weak Area of Magic: Transfiguration

RP Sample:
    At daybreak, fingers of light and shadow extended from the woods behind the house on 84 Trout Road. The silhouettes of a man and a boy were mixed among the patterns cast from the trees and accompanied by their owners. They crossed the backyard field to a dilapidated fence that ringed a patch of earth. Torn and flattened strands of vegetation protruded awkwardly from the soil.

“Moose tracks.” said the man. “Well Keith, ya mothah won’t like this.”
    The boy, Keith, noticed that his stepfather sometimes slipped into his native Maine accent at the beginning of a conversation. This would always happen when Steve was about to teach him a clever trick to getting work done around the house. During this instance, there were extra tones of mischief and pride in his voice.

“Keith,” he said while reaching into the pocket of his windbreaker. “Since you’re going to be a wizard, you’re going to need one of these. Take good care of it.” Steve handed his stepson a long, thin snakeskin case. With a heartfelt smile, the boy murmured his thanks and opened it.

The wand was made of a spotted, dark brown wood with a finish that shimmered in the morning light. It was as long as Steve’s foot. Keith held it in his hand and waved it. Red, gold, and green sparks flew from its tip. He felt a rush and an odd sense of familiarity as they subsided.

Steve laughed triumphantly and clapped a hand on Keith’s shoulder. “I had it specially made for you, kiddo!” His voice softened. “I know how much you miss being in Hawaii. This was made from a branch of the Koa tree you climbed back in your old neighborhood. The core is the feather of a roc. I secretly took it from your collection when your mum made you throw it out.”

Keith ran the fingertips of his free hand along the length of the wand. He paused, looked at his stepfather with a teary-eyed expression, and hugged him. The boy’s arms only reached up to the man’s waist. “Thanks Steve,” was all he managed. He sniffed once and rubbed his eyes with his sleeves before pulling away.

“I know you’re nervous about starting somewhere new again, but the Salem Witches’ Institute is a good school. I think you’re going to like it there.” Steve ruffled the boy’s short hair and turned to face the fence. “Now,” he said while removing his own wand from his pocket. “Let’s do this just like I showed you yesterday.” Keith joined him in gesturing his wand at the broken fence.

Reparo,” they both said.
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Wed May 11, 2011 5:59 am

First Name: Raven
    Last Name: Whitefeather
    Home Town: Fritch, TX

First Choice For Coven: Ceridwen
    Second Choice For Coven: Bloeddewedd

Appearance

Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Blonde
    General Appearance: tall, thin, and pale
    Style of Dress: cute and fashionable

General Character Traits

Strengths: educated and outgoing
    Weaknesses: lazy, low attention span, loud
    Personality: good-humored, joker, and mischievous

Personal History:
    Raven hails from a pureblood family. Being the middle child, and only girl, Raven is often the biggest joker between her siblings. Her family went to the Salem Witches’ Institute since 1689, all of who were in Ceridwen coven. Her mother is a popular author within the muggle world while her father is a renowned musician within the wizard world. Raven has three older (Cameron [17], Kelly [15], and Leigh [14]) and three younger (twins: Harper and Hayden [9] and Shiloh [7]) brothers.

Strong Area of Magic: She’s a lazy genius, but the subjects she actually pays attention to are charms and potions
    Weak Area of Magic: everything else cause she doesn’t care about them

RP Sample:

“Pa, we’ve already went over this already,” a young girl complained to her father. In front of the girl were two blonde adults; one was a man, the other a woman. The man wore a blue, buttoned shirt with blue jeans while woman wore a simple green dress and had a kind smile on her face.

“We want to hear it from you directly, Dearie,” the woman chimed in.

“Ma, you can’t be-”

“Raven Michelle Bobbi-Lyn Whitefeather!” the girl’s mother exclaimed, “you will promise us right now or else you’ll be grounded until you come back from school, do I make myself clear?”

With a pout on her face, Raven replied, “yes ma’am. I promise that if, which I won’t, Ma, that if I’m sent to the Headmistress’ office, I will not sing ‘We’re Off To See The Wizard.’”

Through the doorway, laughter could be heard. Raven narrowed her eyes at the laughter and called out, “At least I won’t have to worry about being mistaken as a girl, isn’t that right, Girl’s Name Two and Three?”

“Of course you won’t, after all, you’re more of a man than we are” a teenage boy replied. Next to the boy that spoke, was another boy roughly around the same age. Both boys were blonde-haired and blue-eyed; the only difference between them was the height.

“Kelly Dean and Leigh Micah!” their father warned.

“Ahh, don’t worry so much, Pa” the older boy nonchalantly said.

“Yeah, with that boyish name of hers, all the boys will stay away from her,” the younger boy continued.

Before their father could say anything, Raven, almost inaudibly, uttered a spell that changed her brother’s clothing into dresses. Giggling and a smile on her face, Raven taunted the boys, “and with outfits like that, your names finally suit you.” With a huff, Raven walked out of the room.
    Dalex Claw
    Dalex Claw
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Dalex Claw Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:13 am

First Name: Dalex Khristopher
    Last Name: Claw
    Heritage: America
    Home Town: Rockford, Illinois

First Choice For Coven: Morrigan, The Raven
    Second Choice For Coven: Åsgårdsreia, the Stag.

Appearance

Eyes: Deep Ocean Blue
    Hair: Light Brown
    General Appearance: Hes fairly tall, and rather athletic. Hes very much like the boy next door kind of person, but with one slight addition. Hes a Wizard
    Style of Dress: Preppy/Casual

General Character Traits

Strengths: Physical as well as mental
    Weaknesses: naive at times
    Personality: Determined, witted, caring, friendly, charismatic, resourceful, stubborn, naive, kind of a pushover, but when pushed over the limit better get out of the way.

Personal History:

Dalex Khristopher Claw was born the United States of America in a well known influential family both in the Wizarding and Muggle communities. It is very unusual for Pure Bloods to interact with muggles, however His family decided that it was in their best interest to be of influence in both the Muggle community as well as the Wizarding one. Other pure bloods have questioned their intention, but to this day remain very well respected American pure blood family wealthy in both communities.

Strong Area of Magic: Dalex is very skilled in dueling, transfiguration, and Defense Against the Dark Arts.
    Weak Area of Magic: Potions, Herbology, and Divination.

RP Sample:

Dalex sat in one of the benches on the main yard on the Grounds of Salem Witches Institute of Magic.

It was the beginning of term and Dalex was waiting for his friends to arrive so they could get ready and head out to their dorm rooms. He had been sorted into the fellowship of the Raven, and it was no wonder due to his outstanding skill in combat, as well as inventive tactics in deflecting the dark Arts. He sat there looking at the Grounds smiling and being happy to finally be back.

"Hey Dalex! What you doing looking up at the Heavens.. you know divination is not your forte" added a voice who had caught him off guard.

"Yaxley" said Dalex smiling. "Are you nuts Divinations hates me!" he added laughing and being Happy that one of his friends was finally there.

"Besides thats more of your field.. Im more on the dueling side" he told Yaxley as he stood up and looked towards the castle.

"We should probably get changed into out our school uniform." he told Yaxley as neither one of them had changed into it yet.

"Yeah your right.. we dont wanna get in trouble before the first day of classes start" he added.

Yaxley and Dalex were both 4th year students who in addition to the core requirements of their magical curriculum, they both focused on the Musical aspect of the schools emphasis.

"Yaxley remembered you said you'd help me with Potions if I helped you with dueling.. I hope you didt forget" Dalex reminded Yaxley as they walked towards their dorm rooms to get changed into their school uniform.
    Saber Lawrence
    Saber Lawrence
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Official Registration Form Empty Saber Nichole Lawrence

Post  Saber Lawrence Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:13 am

First Name: Saber
    Last Name: Lawrence
    Heritage: French Canadian
    Home Town: Okanagan Valley, Canada

Appearance

Eyes: Saber has light blue frosty eyes that have poor vision, but are surrounded by long lashes.
    Hair: Saber's hair is exceptionally long and straight of a black/brown color, often in a braid or pig tails. Saber's hair is usually messy and slightly frizzy, but also keeps her hair continuously in her face. The front is always messy.
    General Appearance: Saber has a small, fragile appearance, with pale skin and often has dark circles under her eyes. Despite this she has slightly toned arms and legs from dancing. Her thumb, forefinger and middle finger on her left hand are calloused from drawing.
    Style of Dress: Saber wears flowy blouses and dresses, skirts, and pants or shorts. She wears earth tones and whites/creams. She usually wears flats or platform sandals. She wears a thin black glove on her right hand because she draws so often and tons of bracelets & anklets.

General Character Traits

Strengths: Drawing, Dancing, Classes
    Weaknesses: Memory, Physical tasks
    Personality: Saber is a sweet, young girl who enjoys many things in life, dancing and art being her favorites. She was raised to enjoy life, to embrace it and live every day as fully as you can, which she does. She's rather shy at first meeting, but becomes extremely attached rather quickly if she senses you "safe". Despite her "weak" appearance and outer personality, Saber is rather strong willed and tough, even if she's not physically strong, she can handle anything thrown at her one way or another.

Personal History:
    Saber was born and raised in Okanagan Valley, Canada. "Wine Country" of Canada. She was raised by her mom and dad with her brother, Siren "Si" and their Saint Bernards: Rex, Myra, and Nile. There's really not much to her history, she grew up happily in her large home on a winery, always knowing that one day she could get a letter to a magic school. Her brother did when she was 9. Both of her parents are magical, Her father attended Hogwarts and her mother attended SWI.

Strong Area of Magic: Divination
    Weak Area of Magic: Potions

RP Sample:

Saber's glove-clad hand traced the tapestry's edges in the hall as she made her way to her father's study. He'd called for her using one of his magic flying letters, ones he only used in urgency. Though Saber was rather close to both of her parents, her father frightened her. He was a very confuddled person when distracted from his set business times, and he was currently in the middle of dealing with a lot of economic changes in the Winery, so she knew he had to be on edge.
    Knowing this, Saber timidly rested her hand on the brass, shiny doorknob. Momentarily she wondered how the doorknobs in her house stayed so shiny but she shook it away and turned it slightly, pushed it open a bit and leaned her head in,
    "Father?" She murmured, he turned to look towards her. His black hair in a long pony tail and his clothing, a plain black suit even if he was going no where. He stopped his nervous habit of massaging his temples and smiled at his daughter wholeheartedly.
    "Ah, Sa! You got my letter! Come, come, sit." He stood to greet her, gave her a light hug and gestured her to a chair across from his at his desk. "You look surprised, love."
    Saber laughed lightly, "Well, I just know how irritated you get when business is troubled." Saber glanced at the business papers and back to her father,
    "Well, love, today is special!! I received... well you received a letter today." Saber's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she watched him dig through his mahogany desk. The narrowed blue eyes of hers widened when she noticed the paper he held in his hands, "SWI, Salem Witches Institution" was scrawled on the parchment. A smile breached her face as she reached for it. Her father gladly let her have it and watched her eyes run over it multiple times like they were on a marathon.
    "I'm.. I'm going?!" She gasped. he nodded at her excitement and watched her jump in glee.
    "Congratulations, love."
    Ryan McKerny
    Ryan McKerny
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Ryan McKerny Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:21 pm

Please Copy And Paste The Following Form Into A Reply Post In This Thread And Answer Completely. Incomplete Forms Will Be Rejected.

First Name: Ryan Dillon
    Last Name: McKerny
    Heritage: Irish-American
    Home Town: Dublin, Ireland

First Choice For Coven: Curnunnos
    Second Choice For Coven: Ceridwen

Appearance
    Eyes: Dark brown
    Hair: Cut short (two inches) in the back and gradually gets thicker on the sides and the tops, making a fringe in the front that he usually keeps messy. Dark brown with dark red underlights due to Irish heritage.
    General Appearance: A little on the short side, girlish build, lightly tanned skin
    Style of Dress: Casual and punky; brightly coloured plaid jeans, pyramid studs, stuff like that

General Character Traits
    Strengths: Educated in Muggle matters and also educated with events in the wizarding world, creative, good friend
    Weaknesses: Short attention span, tends to be shy around new people, has a fear of losing people he loves
    Personality: Can be loud if with friends or when angry, but usually sticks by himself and the things he knows well. Not very predictable unless you put him into a schedule for more than a month. Takes a while to settle to new surroundings. On edge when he knows something isn’t right.

Personal History:
    Ryan McKerny is the son of Myra, who attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and Brendon McKerny, who attended Salem Witches’ Institute. They lived in Ireland for four years before his parents decided to move to Chicago into a quaint suburban neighborhood.

Living around Chicago allowed Ryan to figure out music in the Muggle world. He knows how to play bass guitar exceptionally well and knows some electric guitar as well.

His acceptance letter was delivered by his mother’s owl, Mackie, a week after his birthday.

Strong Area of Magic: Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts
    Weak Area of Magic: Divination

RP Sample:

There was a soft flapping noise outside of the kitchen window and Ryan instantly knew that it was Mackie with the not-so-ordinary mail. He stopped eating his cereal and ran to the window to make sure he had a safe landing.

When the owl was less than two feet from him, Ryan moved away, afraid that he would crash.

And Mackie did- right into the kitchen table. Ryan’s bowl of cereal fell to the floor and the owl stood up, flapping his wings wildly to regain balance. “Silly owl,” Ryan whispered to himself as he untied the parchment from Mackie’s leg. He flicked through the mail, holding the newspaper in his hand and the two letters for his mother from Ireland.

“Mom!” he cried out. “Mail is here!”

“Okay, darling! I’ll come in a minute. Drew and Becky are hungry.”

Ryan set the letters down on the counter and shooed Mackie off of the table. He picked up the plastic bowl off the floor and set it in the sink. With a few paper towels in his hand, he started to mop up the cereal mess he was enjoying before Mackie crashed in. He was still drying up the floor when his mother stepped into the kitchen. “Two letters from grandmum,” Ryan said when she reached for the mail.

His mother sat at the table and opened the first envelope.

Ryan threw away the wet paper towels and sat next to his mother.

She set down the letter and grabbed the next one. “Ryan, this isn’t from grandmum. This is from…” Myra opened the envelope and pulled out the letter. “Salem Witches’ Institute. Ryan, you’ve been accepted. Here, we have to get these. Call your father. We’ll have to open our vault. And you, you must have a wand. So much to do…” She shot out of her chair and ran into the other room.

Ryan picked up the letter that was addressed to him and looked off in the direction his mother went. He turned to the owl. "Looks like I'm going to Salem, eh, Mackie?"
    Laura Martin
    Laura Martin
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Laura Martin Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:42 pm

First Name: Laura
    Last Name: Martin
    Home Town: Boston, Massachusetts

Second Choice For Coven: Mórrígan

Appearance
    Eyes: Honey brown
    Hair: long and dyed a dark red
    General Appearance: average height, skinny build, light skin
    Style of Dress: gothic-punk mixed with some casual; black dresses or jeans and a shirt

General Character Traits
    Strengths: Clever, very protective over friends, resourceful
    Weaknesses: Headstrong, quick to irritate
    Personality: Is a moody person, but is usually happier than mad. Clings to friends like a life-support and gets extremely pissed if something is done to hurt them.

Personal History:
    Lived in and out of foster families since she was eight years old. Her parents, Muggles, died in a car accident. She was adopted to a witch and wizard when she turned nine and learned of the magical world. Her adoptive parents didn’t expect her to get a letter accepted into anywhere, but when she did on her eleventh birthday, they both were very proud.

Strong Area of Magic: Transfiguration, Potions
    Weak Area of Magic: Magical History, Herbology

RP Sample:

She fiddled with the wand in her hand, not entirely sure that the headmistress of the school had it down right. Maybe the addresses were switched up and some other kid was sitting at home, waiting for their letter to come in as coolly as hers did (not many mailmen zap into your living room and present you with a thick envelope, shouting ‘congratulations’ every day).

But when she had first picked up her wand, she had this whole… feeling that everything was right. The wand fit her and she fit around it. Laura’s fingers tingled at the memory of it happening.

Now, she stood on the platform, waiting for her train to arrive and take her to the magical school she had been accepted into. Beside her was another kid with his luggage; he was biting his lip and looking around nervously.

“Hey, kid,” Laura said, calm as possible. “Don’t be so nervous or I’ll be nervous and I hate being nervous.”

He nodded and proceeded to look very bored.

Close enough, Laura thought. She then slumped against her luggage cart as well and wished for the train to hurry up before she jumped on the tracks and started to hike to the school.
    Dawn Evans
    Dawn Evans
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Official Registration Form Empty Dawn Evans

Post  Dawn Evans Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:54 am

First Name: Dawn Acacia
    Last Name: Evans
    Home Town: Eugene, Oregon, USA

Second Choice For Coven: Bloeddewedd

Appearance

Eyes: Gray
    Hair: Dark brown, long and straight
    General Appearance: Dawn stands at 5' 5" and has fair colored skin, flexible
    Style of Dress: Laid back, lots of color, vintage clothing from the 60's and 70's, sometimes punk.

General Character Traits

Strengths: Writing, painting, photography, anything that has to do with words, body flexibility, her independence
    Weaknesses: Math, science, organization, inability to work with others
    Personality: Dawn is a free spirit, very friendly, loves animals, scatterbrained, and random at times.

Personal History:
    Born Dawn Acacia Evans on December 30, 2000 in Eugene, Oregon to a pureblood wizard and a Muggle born witch. Her father owns a record store and her mother teaches yoga in the Muggle world. Dawn has no siblings and she was homeschooled in the South Hills part of Eugene before getting accepted to the Salem Witches Institute. Her parents' names are Skye and Tiffany.

Dawn is a noted vegetarian and the Evans family owns four dogs, three cats, and has a family owl for wizarding communication.

Strong Area of Magic: Divination and Herbology
    Weak Area of Magic: Potions and Transfiguration

RP Sample:

It was raining when Dawn woke up, unusual for an Oregon summer. Her mother had come in to make sure she was up and ready for her time at the Young Witches Camp, which was held at Armitage Park and dillusioned so that the Muggles wouldn't see the camp there.

Dawn quickly dressed. Unlike most 11 year olds, her dress style was unique. She preferred vintage clothing to the modern ones others wore and considered today's fashion to be digusting. Her parents encouraged their only child to be different than others and Dawn was grateful for that. Sure she got teased but she didn't care in the end what others thought of her.

When she arrived at the family breakfast table, a letter was sitting near her granola bowl. She excitedly looked at her parents, who gave her proud grins and exchanged glances with another.

"Well sit down and open it, sweetie," her father told her and Dawn did so.

"When did the owl come, Mom?" she asked her mother. Tiffany Evans chuckled. "Just before you got up. Now open it. Your father and I don't want to wait either."

Dawn picked up the envelope which held her letter from the Salem Witches' Institute and opened it. "Dear Miss Evans, we are pleased to announce that you have been accepted at the Salem Witches' Institute. Enclosed is a list of school supplies you need for your first year here. We await your owl no later than July 31."

Her father glanced at her mother. "Want me to go write them a letter, Tiff?"

Tiffany shook her head and sat down with her family. "Wait until after breakfast, Skye. We need to plan a trip to Salem first."
    KC Armogida
    KC Armogida
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 22

Post  KC Armogida Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:52 pm

First Name: KC
    Last Name: Armogida
    Heritage: Italian
    Home Town: Chicago

Second Choice For Coven: Cernunnos

Appearance

Eyes: hazel, big and round
    Hair: at the moment shoulder length and brown, but has been known to chop it short and spikey and dye it random colors
    General Appearance: Average height, pale, thin
    Style of Dress: band t-shirts and jeans, occasional hoodie

General Character Traits

Strengths: her sense of humor, and will always stick up for others
    Weaknesses: will not stick up for herself, can be shy, but also can be defiant at times
    Personality: KC is for the most part, a shy 11 year old. But once she gets comfortable around people they wont be able to get her to shut up or calm down. She has a sharp wit and a bit of a sadistic sense of humor. But comming from a muggle family, who hated magic, she could be timid at times due from their abuse.

Personal History: KC grew up in a strick muggle family. She started to show signs of magic at the age of 4, when she accidently set the house cat on fire. The abuse was hidden for years from the public eye, until when she was 9 when cps took her from her family and was placed in foster care. She never really fit in with the muggle children, they where afraid of her because of all the strange things that would happen around her. She thought she would never fit in, that is, until she got her letter from Salem Witches' Institute

Strong Area of Magic: Potions and Defense Against The Dark Arts
    Weak Area of Magic: Herboligy

RP Sample:

KC woke up with a jerk. Thunder filling the room, causing her little clay sculptutes on her desk to shake. She rolled over and looked at the clock, whose red numbers where taunting her with the time, 3:15am. With a groan she got up and rubbed her eyes before reaching for her black, thick rimmed glasses (they had white polka dots on them)and placed them on her tired face. KC slid out of her worn down bed and looked out the cracked and dusty window. It was dark still, but with the storm it seemed more bleak than usual. She sat down at the half broken desk in the corner of her room and looked again at the letter an owl and sent her the day prior, still not sure if it was a joke or not.

Hours passed as he reread the letter, over and over. She placed the letter down and pulled out a pen and a piece of notebook paper and wrote back to the supposed school, as they had requested. "Dear Salem Witches' Institute, I want to attend your school, but i am in foster care, so i have no money or way to get my school supplies, let alone get there. Signed, KC Armogida"

The girl folded up the paper and opened her window to give it to the black and brown owl that had been sitting outside her window since it gave her the letter yesterday. She slipped back into her bed and passed back out.

Weeks passed and she had yet get a response from the school. She started to wonder if the letter had just been a joke played on her by the older foster children. They did like to pick on her alot, so it wasnt that far fetched of an idea. She walked down to the kitchen to find some food, if there was any, there where 23 other children in the house, which ment hardly ever any food. She sighed after checking all the cabnits, only to find nothing. KC shrugged and pulled on a hoodie and walked outside. She began walking down to a creek that was near by, but had a weird feeling she was being followed. She turned around but didnt see anyone. So she continued. Moments later she thought she had heard foot steps, turning around she saw a tall man with black hair and blue eyes standing there. KC got ready to run home screaming "stranger danger!" but her feet and voice failed her.

"No need to be afraid, I was sent to help you get your school supplies...you did send and owl, did you not?"

She nodded a bit. The man walked to her "My name is Ryln White" he said as he took her hand. Suddenly the world around them blurred and spun. She held tightly onto his hand as they spun about. Finally they came to a stop. It took KC a moment to steady herself and get a good look around. It appeared to be a shopping village. Most the people here where dressed in the most peculiar clothing: robes of all colors and tall hats. She looked around curiously as the man lead her around. Little did she know this was just the begining of a new life for her.

Post  Guest Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:29 am

First Name: Astoria
    Last Name: Star
    Heritage: English
    Home Town: Blue Bell Hill, England

First Choice For Coven: Cernunnos, the Serpent.
    Second Choice For Coven: Mórrígan, the Raven.

Appearance

Eyes: Blue-Grey
    Hair: Long, wavy brown hair.
    General Appearance: A little taller than average, pretty, strong build.
    Style of Dress: Whatever she can find first, so pretty much everything.

General Character Traits

Strengths: Ambitious, Cunning and Intelligent.
    Weaknesses: Jealousy, Impatience and Lack of Concentration.
    Personality: Funny, a bit shy, a joker.

Personal History:
    Astoria comes from a pure-blood family. She is an only child. Her family has been at the Salem Witches Institute since it opened. Every one of them has been in the Cernunnos coven. Her parents both work in a broomstick shop in Diagon Alley. Astoria waited for her acceptance letter since she was born, and often showed signs of accidental magic.

Strong Area of Magic: Potions, because she is a natural at them.
    Weak Area of Magic: Charms, she's always found them difficult.

RP Sample:

"See you in a minute, dad!" Astoria waved to her father, then stepped inside Ollivander's. The door slammed shut behind her. This was what Astoria had been waiting for: a wand. Walking up to the desk, she noticed that the walls were lined with wands. One of them will soon be mine, she thought. Suddenly, a man appeared, making Astoria jump.
    "Hello," he said kindly. "Another Star, I see?" Astoria nodded timidly. Everyone in her family she knew had got their wands from Ollivander's Wand Shop. Ollivander no doubt remembered them all.

"Now, about your wand..." he mused. "Ah!" he said, picking one of the top shelf. "Oak with Phoenix Feather, 9 inches. Try this!" Astoria hesitantly picked it up. She waved it. All of a sudden, the wands on the shelf she pointed it at fell off.
    "Sorry," she said, embarrassed.
    "It's alright, my dear," Ollivander said. "Oh!" He picked one of the floor and handed it to Astoria. The moment she touched it she had this... feeling inside her. Astoria couldn't explain it. Raising it above her head, a silver and green serpent shot out the end.
    "Bravo!" Ollivander cried. "I've never seen one do that before, though this is clearly the one for you!"

Astoria paid 11 Galleons for her 11 3/4 inches, Ash with Dragon Heartstring wand. She was glad that she now had her wand, and in a few weeks, she could go to Salem!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:28 am