The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

+7
Deanna Arrakis
Raven Whitefeather
Kerry Malibey
Annie Krum
Anna Krolence
Evangelina Cromwell
Mathilde Laventure
11 posters

All Institute Anouncment

Mathilde Laventure
    Mathilde Laventure
    Headmistress

Character Age : 50

All Institute Anouncment Empty All Institute Anouncment

Post  Mathilde Laventure Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:50 pm

8:18 AM, 12 September

The All Institute Announcement will occur here. Please enter and sit by coven.

Last edited by Mathilde Laventure on Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

All Institute Anouncment Empty Re: All Institute Anouncment

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:31 pm

Lina, book in hand, sat down next to a blonde girl from her coven. Lina saw her before, but she never introduced herself yet. "Hi," she said as she gave a girl a quick smile. She wanted to overcome the nerd label that was on her and actually talk to someone, "I'm Evangelina, but please, call me Lina."
    Anna Krolence
    Anna Krolence
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 24

Post  Anna Krolence Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:45 pm

Linda smiled. It was nice to see a friendly face. "I'm Linda," she said. "What do you think this is about?" she asked, wide-eyed.
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:56 pm

Lina smiled, "I don't know, but whatever it is, it must be important." Lina's usual stone expression fell across her face, "Just so you know, I'm really good at understanding accents. Nothing is as hard as understanding my grandparent's really bad Engrish." Lina couldn't help but smile at how funny the term "Engrish" was to her.

She looked around and noticed Raven sitting around a bunch of boys that looked very similar to her. Raven looked happy talking to the one that looked like the closes in age to her. Lina also noticed Keith off a bit to the side. He looked interested in what the announcement might be, but she couldn't call out to them.

Last edited by Evangelina Cromwell on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anna Krolence
    Anna Krolence
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Anna Krolence Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:03 pm

Linda smiled back, more friendly than the last time. Some one understood. "So where are you from? I don't understand accents as good as you."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:07 pm

When they entered the dining hall, Annie felt the blood drain from her face. Her stomach felt like it was in the throat and her hands were shaking. She reached out and clung tightly to Kerry's hand.

"This is it," she whispered as they made their way to their coven table.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:11 pm

As they sat, Kerry watched the Headmistress and nearly all the instructors following her. He felt it in his stomach. "Yeah, this is it," he whispered back. Right now Annie's had felt good in his.

He tried to remember if he held it the last time on this day.
    Mathilde Laventure
    Mathilde Laventure
    Headmistress

Post  Mathilde Laventure Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:12 pm

As soon as Mathilde entered the Dinning Hall with a large number of the instructors in tow, the room fell silent. Once the instructors took their seats at side tables, or the coven tables, Matilde stepped up to the podium in the center of the alter area.

She waved her wand and a mist-like effect appeared before her. It was her roll call, letting her know if everyone was present. They were. With everyone now accounted for, the doors are closed and a strange feel runs through the entire hall. She banged a gavel three times to draw silence; once it is present she speaks:

“Students and Instructors, I will keep my statement short.

“10 minutes ago I received the following communiqué through the floo network. It reads:

‘We have a disturbance inside the school. We have lost contact with much of the 4th Floor, and there are reports of attacks within the school. Situation unknown. Instructors have been mobilized and students are being sent to commons rooms. London has been notified that this may be a prelude to something larger. Other schools have been alerted. Watch your borders. Do not fear: we will prevail.’

‘Marion Rookscroft
      Headmistress
      Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry’

She paused only but a second before saying, “We are suddenly reminded once again that there are forces willing to do everything in their power to destroy our way of life, and the lives of those around us. As such, I have ordered the Institutes’ defenses activated. The anti-apperating charm is in place, and our sentinels stand by, ready to protect us fully.”

Mathilde paused for but a moment to gather her thoughts. “If this is indeed the actions of Death Eaters, then Hogwarts has yet to rid themselves of Riddle’s curse. The people there…” She seemed to falter for but a moment, as if the magnitude of what was occurring had been suddenly driven home.

She changed course, pulling upon some inner reserve. “I have contacted Pacific Cascades and Sky and Summit; I have contacted Beauxbatons and Durmstrang. I have told them what is happening, in case they did not receive notification. I have yet received a reply.” She nearly hung her head, then stopped short, letting out a loud sigh before saying, with great resolve, “And I do not intend to wait for one.”
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:24 pm

Kerry held onto Annie and closed his eyes. Yeah, disturbance in the school; you could call it that. He remembered running to the Huffelpuff Commons, most of the students not acting as if something big were going on . . . but we didn't know. Not then.

He held Annie tight, not caring if they were busted. "And now . . . we get to do it again."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:28 pm

Annie felt her mouth dry up as the headmistress spoke. Of course, she knew the chaos that was happening in Hogwarts at that very moment--as did Kerry.

She held him closer and felt the tears begin—darkening his jacket as they landed. “Don’t let go, Kerry.”
    Mathilde Laventure
    Mathilde Laventure
    Headmistress

Post  Mathilde Laventure Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:32 pm

After her last pronouncement, Mathilde was winding up to something. Her voice began to rise slowly as she said, “Salem has faced adversity before. I am here because of The Scouring, as are many of you. The Scouring was destructive, but it was also transformative, and it has made the Institute what it is today!”

Standing slightly back from the podium, Mathilde voice bellowed, full of power and anger. “What is happening to our fellow school is intolerable! And to stand by even worse! In their time of need, we have the means and the will to give assistance…”

She looked over the gathering of instructors at the front of the hall. “There are many here who have fought in the War, who have defended this school. I ask of you: help again. Not us, but our brethren.” She closed her eyes two heartbeats, and when she opened them—Mathilde’s gaze was that of ice. “I will not force anyone to take action against another. I will only ask—I ask of their support. I ask that they look into their… their souls and know that any action we take is for the best. It will eliminate a curse that needs to be cast into the darkness once and for all!”

She looked over the hall, instructors and students alike, and in a whisper that cut through the silence, she made her final plea. “I ask you to come to the aid of your fellow wizards and witches. I ask you to fight for them.

“I ask you to save them.”
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:56 pm

Annie was suddenly in a panic with the shocking announcement. “Kerry, I don’t remember seeing any professors at Hogwarts that afternoon. If our headmistress calls away all of the instructors, who will make sure nothing happens here.”

She wiped her face with her sleeve and craned her neck to see which professors were stirring.
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:59 pm

And Kerry was of the same mind: I don't remember any of these people at Hogwarts, he thought, so it's a pretty good bet they don't go.

"We'll be okay," he told Annie, reassuring her. "Even if they do go, they won't all go."
    Mathilde Laventure
    Mathilde Laventure
    Headmistress

Post  Mathilde Laventure Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:07 pm

The silence in the hall was incredible. And why not? Mathilde had just dropped a huge bomb in the middle of the morning, right when everyone should have been getting ready for class. And now--now she was asking them to prepare for battle, abroad and possibly here.

Would they go abroad, though?

Nearly 20 seconds passed and no one did a thing: there was no speaking, no moving. It was all silent and still. Mathilde, a touch disappointed, was about to order everyone to the towers when there was an interruption--

The first to their feet--it was a photo-finish between Helena and Jessica. They both looked to each other and smiled. Next on her feet was Erywin, who had been sitting at the head coven table and moved forward, closer to Helena.

In quick secession came Madeline then Holoč. Those five looked to each other, then turned to their fellow instructors. And they didn't need to wait long for their actions--

Harpreet stood. Then Ramona. Victoria. Deanna. Wednesday. Isis and Adric Lewiston, the Ghoul Studies instructor, were standing next to the door leaving to the East Transept; they stepped out into the open. Matthias Ellison, the Arts and Music instructor, also stood. The last to step forward were Coraline and Trevor, who were standing next to the door leading to the West Transept, stepped into the open.

And into the silence Jessica Kishna spoke: "I believe you have your answer, Headmistress."

Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:31 am

It didn't matter who asked her, but if anyone walked up to Raven and asked her who stood up first between Kishna and Lovecraft, she would say Kishna every time. Despite her feelings towards Kishna, Raven still respected her coven head, and felt proud to be one of her students. She looked at her brothers and noticed that the three of them were all on edge. "What ar-" before she could finish whispering her question to her brothers, Cameron stood up. Kelly and Leigh looked at each other through the corner of their eyes and stood at the same time.

Cameron, hands now on Raven's shoulders, started to put pressure on them from preventing her to stand up as well. "Just stay seated, Rae, this isn't your battle," he muttered.

"This ain't your battle either," she protest, but it was to no ail.

Cameron, followed by Leigh and Kel, each had their hands on her shoulders, "As your older brothers, it's our responsibility to protect you," Cameron said, taking authority, "besides, what would Ma do if we allow you get involved?"

Remaining silent and accepting defeat, Raven kept her posture straight and didn't take her eyes off Kishna and the other instructors. Will it ever happen here? was the only thought that was on her mind.
    Mathilde Laventure
    Mathilde Laventure
    Headmistress

Post  Mathilde Laventure Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:57 am

Mathilde gaveled the podium. "Students will sit and maintain a proper decorum," she said. She understood emotions were going to swing wildly right now, and keeping everyone calm was utmost in her mind this moment. "This is not a quidditch match, students. The moment for cheering is not at hand..." And may never be, she thought.

Turning to her instructors, Mathilde said, "You can't all go; the defense of the school is also required. Come here--" She motioned for all to approach the front of the room. "We have but a few minutes."
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:38 pm

Kerry noticed the Headmistress and the other instructors weren't much noticing the commotion from the students; they were now huddled around each other, at the front, talking. And they seemed to be coming to some kind of decision very quickly.

The Headmistress was pointing a lot of people as she spoke. The last one singled out was Professor Arrakis, but about 20 seconds into whatever the Headmistress was telling her, Professor Arrakis began shaking her head. She suddenly put her hand on the Headmistress' shoulder and leaned in, speaking to her quietly. Whatever Professor Arrakis told her must have made sense, because the Headmistress began to nod her head before stepping back and addressing the other.

And it was then that the instructors began breaking into two groups; a smaller one that consisted of the first instructors who stood after their call to arms, and a larger group that seemed focused around Professor Arrakis--
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:03 pm

Annie didn't want to hear the cheers of the students or watch the professors decide their fate. It was all too much and the atmosphere of the room seemed to be one of victory already.

"They don't realize how bad things really are," she whispered to Kerry. "They don't understand... Kerry, we don't even know how this will turn out. What if we have been just biding our time--waiting for the inevitable to happen?"

Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:07 pm

"The weird thing is," he said, "is that something could happen to us . . ." He pulled her in tighter. "But I don't think it will. I can't say why I think that--I just do."

He leaned in and whispered, "I think the only way we're gonna know we'll be safe is if we . . . do it. We can't depend on anyone to do it for us." He kissed her on the cheek. "We know how to take care of ourselves."
    Deanna Arrakis
    Deanna Arrakis
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 38

Post  Deanna Arrakis Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:58 pm

Walking to the podium, Deanna paused for a moment to allow everyone to get situated, then spoke. "Our expeditionary team has been chosen. Professor Kishna will lead the team to Hogwarts. Headmistress Laventure will leave for Beauxbatons to rally support there, as it seems there is some issue with the floo network.

"As I am staying behind, as the remaining coven head the Headmistress is placing me in charge during he absence. I will coordinate actions with the help of Professor Ellison from his office here in the Great Hall.

"The school defenses are as such: Madam Chai will take charge of ground defenses; Professors Lewiston and Mossman are responsible for static defenses; Professor Salomon will take charge of air support. All this will be coordinated by Professor Bashagwani from Astronomy Tower."

She paused for a moment to collect her thoughts. Though Deanna felt the enormity of what was befalling them should be overwhelming, she felt oddly at ease. "Professor Douglas will also be giving quick instruction on charms and spells in case one should find themselves in a position to defend themselves or others."

She looked over the body, unsure of the future for one of the few times in her life. "We will ask for assistance from the student body. Those with necessary skills will be pressed into helping. Those who wish to volunteer . . ." She turned a grim frown into a smile. "Assistance will be required in some areas. If you wish to help, you will be considered."

She looked to Professor Ellison, who was at her side, then to the student body. "After the call for volunteers all prefects will lead the students back to their towers and lock them down until otherwise notified." She turned to the instructors and nodded....
    Madeline Palmescoff
    Madeline Palmescoff
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 47

Post  Madeline Palmescoff Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:27 pm

After a few moments of speaking to the others, Madeline stepped forward and in a clear, loud voice, said, "All dueling teams! 7th Years only! If you want to join us, it's your choice." She looked around the room. "No one's going to think any less of you if you stay here and help."

There was a moment's hesitation before 5 students from separate covens stepped up and joined the instructors. With everyone now together, the team departed the dinning hall, but only just after Professor Lovecraft mumbled loud enough for most in the front to hear, "Lets get these fuckers."
    Coraline Gallagher
    Coraline Gallagher
    Head Nurse

Character Age : 45

Post  Coraline Gallagher Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:38 pm

Stepping up, Coraline told the assembled group, "I'm asking for volunteers for the hospital, as well as the triage the Head Librarian will be setting up." She pointed to the space in front of her. "Anyone who wants to help, come forward."
    Victoria Salomon
    Victoria Salomon
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 53

Post  Victoria Salomon Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:47 pm

And then it turned to Victoria, who, like the other before her, brought attention to herself by saying loudly, "Okay, listen up! Quidditch and Q-poters, all years! I need you to come with me to set up patrols." She paused, her gaze steely. "Anyone who wants to volunteer as a spotter get up here--we've only got a few minutes before we move out!"
    Ramona Chai
    Ramona Chai
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 45

Post  Ramona Chai Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:02 pm

There was no denying that Ramona was looking for more than volunteers. "All dueling team!" she called out loudly. "Follow me to the dungeon. We'll sort out my volunteers there." She waited while all the duelers who hadn't left for Hogwarts stood and came to the front.
    Deanna Arrakis
    Deanna Arrakis
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 38

Post  Deanna Arrakis Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:14 pm

With everyone getting into place Deanna stepped up to the podium one last time. "Everyone who is not volunteering will go with their prefects to their towers now. Prefects, once everyone is inside lock down your tower until you receive further instructions." She bowed her head for a moment, said, "Allah maak," then looked up. "Go now."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:02 pm