The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

2 posters

Planting Seeds

Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

Planting Seeds Empty Planting Seeds

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:55 am

It took Lina a whole week to finally get around to planting her Herbology project. She was going to do it shortly after she talked to Professor Sladen in her office, but things kept coming up that she kept postponing it. Today's the day! No distractions! she thought, completely determined to do the planting that day.

She walked over to the Greenhouse, a little bit unsure if Professor Semplen was there, but still determined start her project. Lina also wanted to talk to him seeing if she could do her project without using the greenhouse. It didn't really matter if he gave the ok or not, she wouldn't be too upset, but she welcomed a challenge.

As soon as she made it to the greenhouse, Lina saw Raven a few yards away. "Raven?" she said in a questionable manner, "what are you doing here?"
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Planting Seeds Empty Re: Planting Seeds

Post  Raven Whitefeather Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:09 am

Raven felt bad that she didn't start her project yet, I'm sure with everything that's been goin on, he won't be too mad, she thought as she walked to the greenhouse. With everything that happened today, this could be relaxing. Raven was almost to the greenhouse when she heard a familiar voice, "Raven?" Lina said in a questionable manner, "what are you doing here?"

Looking up, Raven's demeaner changed; once she saw Lina, the feeling of guilt went away, and a smile and excitied feeling replaced it, "'Afternoon Lina." In response to Lina's question, she said, "I thought I'd came here grow some green stuff for a grade, just like I can in the refrigerator back home."

Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:26 am

Lina smiled, not completely sure if what Raven said was a joke or not, I hope she's kidding. "That's funny," was pretty much all she could say.

Lina didn't have anything in common with Raven either than they're both first years and that they both have siblings. The two of them really didn't talk- correction, Lina didn't really talk a whole lot to Raven; Raven talked while she listened and responded to questions she directly asked her. She alway felt a bit uneasy around her, but she figured it was because she was shy and needed to learn to get over it. "I'm about to start planting for my project, did you start yet?"
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:36 am

Raven shook her head, "Nope, I didn't start that project yet; kinda postponed it, ya know? But after all that happened, I'm sure Semplen wouldn't be too angry 'bout startin a bit later than the others." She tried to make it sound like there was nothing to worry about. "Anywho, have you at least chosen your plant's yet? The ones I chose were Valerian, Goosegrass, Moondew, and Aconite."
    Evangelina Cromwell
    Evangelina Cromwell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Evangelina Cromwell Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:43 am

"If you change Aconite with Dittany, we chose the same plants," she said with a smile on her face. "That's so cool that we chose most of the same plants! I chose mine because they are used to help people. Why did you chose yours?" She was way too excited when she spoke, I wonder if she'd study each plant like I did.
    Raven Whitefeather
    Raven Whitefeather
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Raven Whitefeather Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:01 am

"I chose them a bit at a random," Raven responded honestly, "I had three brothers that had gone through the same first year classes as I did, I just wanted to be original; it's not something that an oldest child, like you, would know about." She didn't sound bitter, but she spoke more matter-of-factly. "And it's not like I don't know anything about them; my mom is huge into gardening that she'll tell me things here and there."

The two of them had a good conversation, but the fact was that they didn't even start yet, "Anywho, we should get inside and actually talk to Semplen about plantin'." She openned the door, and had Lina walk in first before she went in.

Raven looked around the greenhouse, and when she didn't notice Semplen around, she announce, "Professor, You in?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content