The Salem Witches' Institute

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome!

When registering, please create a name for your character and input that as a username. Spaces are allowed. Relations to canon characters are not. If you are unsure, read this first: http://theswi.forumotion.com/t61-creating-a-character-at-swi

Also, please keep in mind that this forum is a FREE ads based forum. All graphics/ads found under the title and forum buttons ARE NOT part of the SWI forum and will redirect you away from this page.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Salem Witches' Institute, the premiere American school of magic located within the World of Harry Potter. An original role play for creative minds.

SWI is officially open. Registration is ongoing for all incoming 1st Years.
Current Role Play Date: 14 October, 2011. Day: Friday. Time: 9:00 AM. Weather: Mid 50's with a slight breeze from the east.
Orientation is set up in the Atrium. Please visit to participate.

5 posters

Charms Class: 1st year lab

Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 23

Charms Class: 1st year lab - Page 3 Empty Re: Charms Class: 1st year lab

Post  Kerry Malibey Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:55 pm

Kerry was bright, but suddenly he felt like the dumbest kid in the world. He was standing before the whole class, and Annie was right there before him, and the vibe he was picking up from Professor Douglas . . ..

Is she wanting me to do what I think she wants me to do?

There was a sudden sinking feeling in his stomach that seemed to extend a lot lower. All the times in the last month he'd been with Annie, touching and holding hands and . . . kissing . . . he'd never thought a thing about it. Once he'd gotten over the initial awkwardness, he liked it all.

Even the moments before he blew up on Ella, the moments where he'd held Annie and told her things were okay and that they'd work on charms later--he didn't think a thing about anyone's reaction. Now, with Professor Douglas standing right there . . . Kerry felt like someone had punched him in the stomach.

If I kiss her and it's not what I'm suppose to do, I'm gonna get into trouble and people will laugh, he thought. And if I don't . . . I'm gonna look stupid . . . and people will laugh . . ..

Kerry was really at a loss. It was easier to attack a dementor than do what was right here--

And then he knew what he needed to do. Because what was it Professor Kishna said? You have to feel the spell . . ..

Kerry didn't hesitate. Wand in one hand, he took Annie's other hand and walked over to his work space. He put the jewelry box out, turned to Annie, looked into her lovely eyes--

He kissed her long on the lips, not caring if he got a month's detention for this . . ..

And when he was through he turned his wand to the jewelry box and said, "Reparo."

Kerry's attempt at fixin' things 3 of 5: Reparo
    Kerry Malibey carried out 1 launched of one Charms Class: 1st year lab - Page 3 D100 (D100.) :
    Wednesday Douglas
    Wednesday Douglas
    Professor
    Professor

Character Age : 37

Post  Wednesday Douglas Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:21 pm

Wednesday laughed, unable to contain her giddiness. When she regained her composure, she called the class to attention.

"You have probably all noticed that I'm not your typical fussy professor. I appreciate a strong work ethic and attention to detail." She began to stroll down the middle of the two long tables.

"That said, none of you should take my kindness for weakness. This class is designed to run as a workshop. I am not here to babysit, nor should any of you at this age need to be babysat. I trust you can all behave," she winked once again at Kerry as she passed him, "and I know you will all hold your tongue against rude comments in the future."

She stopped in front of Ella and leaned in close. Speaking softly so that only Ella could hear, she said, "There should be no need to explain myself to you, however--just so we are clear, if I had any problems with Annie and Kerry getting too close...I'd never have sent them down into the dungeons alone to perform an experiment for herbology.

"If they were able to contain their emotions behind closed doors, then that leads me to believe there was a bit of exaggeration to your version of the story." Wednesday smiled sweetly.

"As far as Kerry setting your project on fire, I'd be asking him for pointers..." Wednesday continued walking down the aisle until she reached the other end of the room.

She faced her students. "Keep in mind that there are very few first years that can pull off a kiss like that and then switch their concentration to correctly perform a charm—all while holding hands." But from what I’ve reviewed of his time in the dungeon…he’s capable of much more. Wednesday giggled.

"Carry on, please." She smiled broadly as she retired back into her office.
    Ella Farrell
    Ella Farrell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Character Age : 24

Post  Ella Farrell Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:33 pm

Ella couldn't believe what she'd just seen. Never mind the charm . . . Professor Wednesday let two students kiss! She was beside herself that this school would have teachers that would let . . . that they . . ..

"Urrrher!!!" Ella turned to Anna and said in a none-too-soft voice, "You can believe this crap doesn't happen in charms class at Hogwarts!"
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:09 pm

Kerry didn't even bother to respond. Yeah, classes weren't like this at Hogwarts, he thought. And he knew because just for the short time Annie and he were at Hogwarts they found it stuffy and not a bit grueling. And with Death Eaters crawling throughout the joint . . .

Kerry snickered, because he remembered that disaster of a cooking class Annie and he had that first day, and to discover recently that he was one of the Death Eaters trying to take the place over . . . no wonder I got a low grade in that class.

Kerry walked Annie back to the other side of the work table. "Now that the fun's over," he said, whispering, "You feel like getting back on those charms?"
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:25 pm

Annie's head was wheeling. She gazed up into Kerry's eyes and what she saw reflected back caused her knees to go weak.

"Uhm, sure," she said, feeling the rush of what just happened flood her entire body. "That was..." That was what? I don't know how to describe what that was I just saw him do... "You're amazing, Kerry."

She blindly selected something from the box of stuff on their table, her mind preoccupied with Kerry, and placed her item in front of them. "I don't know if I can fix this. Something is off with my magic today."
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:27 pm

Kerry slid up behind Annie and whispered in her ear, "You're okay. Just a little off today. It's not a problem. I'm just feeling good." He encircled her waist with his arm and gave her a loving squeeze. "You'll have it back in no time."
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:45 pm

He sure does feel good, Annie thought turning her head to look up at him. She gave him a light kiss on the cheek and turned to face her nemesis, concentrating on Kerry and his embrace. She realized in her haste, she'd grabbed a small book with a torn cover.

"Kerry," she whispered. "Where there is love...there is life."

She raised her wand and pointed it at the torn book. "Reparo."

Fixing the cover: 1 of 5: Reparo.
    Annie Krum carried out 1 launched of one Charms Class: 1st year lab - Page 3 D100 (D100.) :
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:52 pm

Before their eyes, the cover mended itself. Annie was thrilled and more than a little reluctant to leave Kerry's embrace to find something else to repair. With him cradling her, she decided instead to use the same book and tore the cover once more.

"If I can make that spell work once, maybe there is hope yet?" She snuggled into his warmth, wishing not for the first time that day that they were off somewhere alone...

She pointed her wand once more at the cover and said, "Reparo."

Fixing the cover: 2 of 5: Reparo
    Annie Krum carried out 1 launched of one Charms Class: 1st year lab - Page 3 D100 (D100.) :

Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:54 pm

When nothing happened she raised her wand a bit higher and tried once again. "Sometimes, struggles are exactly what we need," she said and sent her spell.

"Reparo."

Fixing the cover: 3 of 5: Reparo
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:58 pm

Annie was determined not to give up. Eventually the spells would work and she already knew she was having a rotten day. The thing that was bothering her the most is that there should be a reason for it, and as far as she knew...there wasn't. It didn't really matter to her though. The most important thing in my world right now is standing right behind me.

She smiled and raised her wand. "Reparo..."

Fixing the cover: 3 of 5: Reparo
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:12 pm

And just like that, the wind flew out of Annie's sails and she turned in Kerry's arms and sobbed. She clung to him. "It's hopeless," she whimpered. "I can't do this. These spells refuse to work for me. Something isn't right, but I don't know what or how to fix it."

She sniffed and rubbed her eyes with the sleeve of her jacket. "I might as well get the rest of them over with, since I haven't made a single spell work yet." She grabbed a bit of the fireproof paper and covered the table in front of them. "Here goes..."

"Flagrante," she said and flicked her wand.

Burnin' down the house: 1 of 5: Flagrante
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:14 pm

By now she was used to nothing much happening...and she wasn't disappointed. The paper was unmarked and perfect...mocking her. She stood straight and spoke the incantation once again, "Flagrante."

Burnin' down the house: 2 of 5: Flagrante
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:15 pm

That time her anger poured through her arm and lit up the paper, leaving it scorched where the sparks touched it. "Again," she said and sent another spell toward the mocking paper... "Flagrante."

Burnin' down the house: 3 of 5: Flagrante
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:18 pm

The more sparks she sent, the angrier she got. She grinned as the paper revealed more scorch marks. She stood taller and pushed on. "Flagrante."

Burnin' down the house: 4 of 5: Flagrante
    Annie Krum
    Annie Krum
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Annie Krum Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:20 pm

When nothing happened, Annie felt a surge for pure hatred for the paper in front of her. She squeezed the end of her wand so hard, her knuckled turned snow white and she was afraid it might snap under the pressure.

Still, the paper laughed up at her...

"Flagrante," she growled.

Burnin' down the house: 5 of 5: Flagrante
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:53 pm

The paper ignited, but before it did Kerry felt that surge he'd felt once before, a few weeks ago in the dungeon when they were making the bushes. When Annie wants it she wants it, he thought. Kerry knew she had the talent--probably more than he had, though when it came to magic Annie want it to so work much . . . if she ever learns to control that want, she'll never fail.

He touched both shoulders and pulled himself into her. "Lets come back tonight after dinner," he said. He stared across the room at The Penny Dreadfuls. "There's too many bad vibes in her today."

He walked over to his work space, picked up the newly repaired jewelry box and put it in his backpack. "I think this will look good in your dorm room," he said. He wanted Annie to smile and think good things--

Particularly since the next class seemed to affect her even more so.
    Ella Farrell
    Ella Farrell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Ella Farrell Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:16 pm

After getting dressed down by that stupid Wednesday dressed her down--and who names their kid after a day of the week?--Ella was ready to burn the lab down. She was just so pissed off. She watched that idiot Malibey comfort his dustrag of a girlfriend and Ella just wanted to scratch his--

Oh, yeah. That's what she wanted to do last.

I'll show that stupid Wednesday, she thought. I'll grow my nails with Transfiguro and give Oooey Gooey Annie a little something for Kerry to stare at this afternoon in Dark Art. She hoped that bitch Lovercraft gave them something cool to do this week; reading about the famous dark wizards from 100 years ago had been a big snoozer.

Ella held out her left hand and spread her fingers. Pointing her wand at her index finger she touched it and said, "Transfiguro."

Ella going all Claw Demoness 1 of 5: Transfiguro
    Ella Farrell carried out 1 launched of one Charms Class: 1st year lab - Page 3 D100 (D100.) :
    Ella Farrell
    Ella Farrell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Ella Farrell Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:18 pm

The nail grew out about a half inch and hardened. That's more like it, she thought. And it wasn't hard at all.

With a satisfied smirk, Ella touched her middle finder and said, "Transfiguro."

Ella going all Claw Demoness 2 of 5: Transfiguro
    Ella Farrell carried out 1 launched of one Charms Class: 1st year lab - Page 3 D100 (D100.) :
    Ella Farrell
    Ella Farrell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Ella Farrell Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:21 pm

The process for the middle finger was the same as the first finger, and Ella was suddenly imagining having a hand full of sharp claws and raking Annie right across that pretty little right cheek of hers, the one she always seemed to have facing Kerry.

"I'm gonna scar your freakin' girlfriend, bitch," she muttered. Ella touched her thumbnail and said the same thing as before: "Transfiguro."

Ella going all Claw Demoness 3 of 5: Transfiguro
    Ella Farrell
    Ella Farrell
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Ella Farrell Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:28 pm

Right then and there Ella felt something, and just like she'd tried to tell that idiot Kishna she knew she could do transfiguration. She touched her last two fingers, saying, "Transfiguro," and saw her nails transfigure just as the others had.

She smiled. That's all I need.

Before they could leave Ella walked quickly over to where Kerry and Annie stood, her left hand ready to strike. "Hey, Annie!" she said loud enough to get her attention and pulled her hand back--
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:35 pm

Kerry had looked up from slinging his backpack the moment he said Ella headed their way. Doesn't this girl give up? Only he saw there was something wrong with her left hand--

She bellowed, "Hey, Annie!" and brought her hand back, and for Kerry it was like he was seeing it in slow motion. Ella wasn't that far away, and Annie was pretty much standing right next to him. He didn't even think: he grabbed his wand off the table and pointed it at Ella--

"Impedimenta!"

Impedimenta roll:
    Kerry Malibey carried out 1 launched of one Charms Class: 1st year lab - Page 3 D100 (D100.) :

Impedimenta mod:
    Kerry Malibey carried out 1 launched of one Charms Class: 1st year lab - Page 3 D10 (D10.) :
    GM Emma
    GM Emma
    The Institute GM
    The Institute GM

Post  GM Emma Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:42 pm

A critical success on Impedimenta . . . jeez, you're on fire today--pun intended.

Rack up another spell learned, Slick. golf clap
    Kerry Malibey
    Kerry Malibey
    1st Year Student
    1st Year Student

Post  Kerry Malibey Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:46 pm

Ella froze solid in her tracks, arm pulled back--but for Kerry the best part wasn't pulling off the spell; it was the look on her face as she instantly realized she'd been punked in front of the whole class--

Kerry pushed Annie past the crazy girl, then paused to whisper in her ear, "This is what happens when you don't listen." He kissed two fingers then pressed them to her cheek. "See you in Dark Arts, Ella."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:51 pm